It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Plays Drum Beats With Power Turned Off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is nice to get that comfort from a simple "glitch" on a radio.
You must really miss your dad.
When you find out how to make it stop,
I am curious to see if something else starts up.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I put new batteries in yesterday, this started tonight

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I dont want it to stop

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why did you only just make a video and upload it 8th of may?

Why not the other times this has happened?

This isn't super natural, the radio is old there is a short circuit, possibly from a rusted old trace on the pcb and its intermittent problem, could be a dry solder joint. could be a bad capacitor.

But not super natural.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by abbey7777

Good, that's something just for you.

Thank you for sharing.
I believe.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I wanted to upload a clip ealier this year when it did it again but my wife said I am going crazy and to stop listening to it when it happens

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
what happens when you shake the radio too?

does it stop or does it keep going?

does this problem occur when you have moved the radio after it has been on for a long period of time?

upload video of results
edit on 8-5-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I have shaken it and it still beats, I also fiddled with the wire antenna. The radio is on maybe half hour a day when I am in the garage
edit on 8-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im off to bed thankyou for your input

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sadly, I had a similar issue which involved a kettle after my Grandfather passed. Was randomly switching itself on... After having a decent look at it I found it had a faulty switch contact. I replaced the kettle and it hasn't done it since. Which is kind of sad because I liked the idea the "Old Bloke" was visiting and made his own coffee....

BUT as an electronics technician, I can safely tell you that smaller speakers with a sensitive voice coil will pick up electromagnetic frequencies in the air if the the field is strong enough. Numerous things will cause this including but not limited to repeater stations for CB coms, radio station antennae, a large wifi repeater, new smart meters, etc, etc.

HOWEVER....... I have always been of the opinion that everything living in this world is energy based and when we go, something awaits our energy beyond this realm. What it is, I don't know but I'll find out soon enough...

Read into this what you will....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It stops when the batteries are taken out but what is the relation then to a dead volume knob with power off to it being able to alter the beat of the heart beat drum sound,do you know what I am saying
edit on 8-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You have certainly got a short circuit and possibly a leaky capacitor.

trust me fix electronics for a living. see this all the time

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It sounds exactly like the speaker is getting power on and off.

Probably when it's off, the batteries send enough power to open the speaker but not enough for the rest of the radio. When it doesn't have enough power to open the radio, the speaker turns off but then turns on again because it has enough power now that the radio isn't asking for power yet...and the cycle goes on.

That the most logical explanation I can give you.

The other one is that your father is sending you Morse code trough the sound...

Your father is waiting for you and will wait for what we consider "forever" because time doesn't exist in the same way where he is now. Death is more painful for the living, I'm sure he's doing just fine.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry if this is off topic but your voice is AWESOME!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Thats what I was thinking too

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ok I am reasonable and now believe it could be some type of fault but the strange part is it happens fr the past 3 years around Feb and May both my parents anniversary. hahahahhahaha my voice is awesome you say, I think I sound daggy. It stopped after last night. Just imagine how I felt the day after dad passed away,it gave me a spark of a little relief

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by abbey7777
Its battery operated, it only happens a couple of times a year lasts about 5 minutes, from the off button no electricity

If the batteries are in the device, then there is no real evidence to suggest paranormal activity, just an electrical fault.

If there are no batteries in, and you know there are no additional backup batteries, then the next explanation would be some sort of capacitor (if this happens some time after you have removed the batteries).

If it truly plays for a full 1/2 hour without any batteries in it, then thats pretty awesome! May as well use that just for fun and get another radio to use with batteries, since you no longer require batteries in the other one

What music does it play? Just the same radio channel as usual? Or some specific song?

EDIT: nah, its not even playing beats, so its useless as a radio.
Thats just the classic radio problem. Although its interesting if it does it for 1/2hr without batteries in.
edit on 9-5-2013 by salainen because: (no reason given)

EDIT2: oh, I see now, you've got batteries, its just an electrical problem. Get it fixed, or get a new radio. Nothing paranormal.

To me it would be kind of sad if your father ended up in the radio, just tapping away, at least some ghosts get to throw stuff around, or play with the lights

Should have watched video before commenting (also no disrespect meant by laugh, sorry for your loss)
edit on 9-5-2013 by salainen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Cool no worries I appreciate your thoughts and input

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don’t really go with the idea that if something has a physical explanation it therefore becomes un – supernatural. To expect the laws of physics to un – do themselves in order to have evidence of an interaction with a dimension that is above or outside of our normal perception to me seems like a jump in logic.

It’s obvious the radio has a electrical short of some kind, but it’s the synchronicity of the thing that grabs at your heart.

Most of the time the events which cause our attention to switch from the mundane to the awareness of a larger existence are not flashy or hugely outstanding. They are events which seem more like whispers or nudges or reminders. Particularly when they are good things and comforting.

When someone dies, especially when they are close to our hearts, the vale between the worlds gets very thin. Many things seem highlighted and IMO our hearts, due to pain, have a time of clarity of awareness. I am coming up to 2 years after a great loss and a time of strong grief. There is a difference between the shock and the clarity. Both fade as time passes.

I would suggest to you to not be concerned about the radio (the tool) but to accept the message of your fathers love and approval. You took a video of it and the song was “don't go breaking my heart..” LOL … i would try not getting distracted with the details (the radio) but stick with the real stuff –

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Boston

I thankyou deeply and am sorry for your loss too, as you said the syncronicity of the events is what is special and magical spiritually. The song is another magical part of this story. I think dad is telling me to move on maybe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join