It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Plays Drum Beats With Power Turned Off

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by abbey7777

Hey I've read throughout this thread and listened to the YouTube video. That is very interesting, and I would like to think it is your dad.
You can move on but still keep his memory alive in your heart.
My mom passed almost two years ago now. All I have had are nightmares about her. And she's haunting my dad now through a re-occurring dream. It's strange and puzzling to me. And a bit scary.
Sounds like your miss your parents a lot, and that's fine, you're supposed to miss them. I miss my mom terribly.

Peace and love to you ...and yes your voice is awesome, I will agree with whoever said that. Accents are great and sound so much better to me.
-nat the humble cat-
edit on 9-5-2013 by natalia because: Added lil

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boston
I don’t really go with the idea that if something has a physical explanation it therefore becomes un – supernatural. To expect the laws of physics to un – do themselves in order to have evidence of an interaction with a dimension that is above or outside of our normal perception to me seems like a jump in logic.

It’s obvious the radio has a electrical short of some kind, but it’s the synchronicity of the thing that grabs at your heart.

Most of the time the events which cause our attention to switch from the mundane to the awareness of a larger existence are not flashy or hugely outstanding. They are events which seem more like whispers or nudges or reminders. Particularly when they are good things and comforting.

When someone dies, especially when they are close to our hearts, the vale between the worlds gets very thin. Many things seem highlighted and IMO our hearts, due to pain, have a time of clarity of awareness. I am coming up to 2 years after a great loss and a time of strong grief. There is a difference between the shock and the clarity. Both fade as time passes.

I would suggest to you to not be concerned about the radio (the tool) but to accept the message of your fathers love and approval. You took a video of it and the song was “don't go breaking my heart..” LOL … i would try not getting distracted with the details (the radio) but stick with the real stuff –

This is my thinking as well.

Well put.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

A radio made by the company that brings you Ouija board.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At least you had a Dad. Mine left home when I was 6 months and my Mom diede before I was born.

Darryl "MU" Forests
edit on 9-5-2013 by Forests because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
stops when batteries are taken out? right,. it is just interference.
sorry bout your pops man but this aint paranormal.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boston
I don’t really go with the idea that if something has a physical explanation it therefore becomes un – supernatural. To expect the laws of physics to un – do themselves in order to have evidence of an interaction with a dimension that is above or outside of our normal perception to me seems like a jump in logic.

It’s obvious the radio has a electrical short of some kind, but it’s the synchronicity of the thing that grabs at your heart.

When its just making the same tapping sound like that, and only changes when you turn volume, then why would it be in any way supernatural? Clearly if it has a natural explanation, then thats what you should go with... If there is an electrical fault making the noise, why would you seek an alternative supernatural reason?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Big huggs to you and sorry about your mum. May Holy Jesus give you strength and peace for you and your dad

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

It is what it is appreciate you stopping over here thanks

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Forests

You have had a tough life truly God is your parents hang in there bro

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
One thing I never mentioned. The first time this happened the day after dad died the heartbeat started fast and then over a period of several minutes it slowed down gradually until it stopped without me touching the volume knob. I wasnt there when dad died. I cared for him at home until the last 6 hours because they did not set up properly the morphine stomach pump system. He went to hospital and I rushed back home to be with mum who was also dieing.
When I heard the beat start next day and heard it slowly getting slower, I was with dad as he died

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You're a nice person.

It is whatever you want it 2 b.

Peace & Love.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Your Dad's soul is trapped in the radio... for Petes sake open it and let him out !

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

lol thanks for making me laugh

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by abbey7777
One thing I never mentioned. The first time this happened the day after dad died the heartbeat started fast and then over a period of several minutes it slowed down gradually until it stopped without me touching the volume knob. I wasnt there when dad died. I cared for him at home until the last 6 hours because they did not set up properly the morphine stomach pump system. He went to hospital and I rushed back home to be with mum who was also dieing.
When I heard the beat start next day and heard it slowly getting slower, I was with dad as he died

a synchronistic experience is really only going to be clear to you Abbey7777, its personal and deep especially in grief. Looking in from the outside we may only see the radio, but (correct me if I’m wrong I don’t presume to speak for you) more seems involved.

When something in life seems like a big highlighter has accentuated it, it’s very difficult to explain to another person. It’s like trying to explain the change in the atmosphere in a room, or what the beach boys meant by “good vibrations”

At the moment my wife passed. I gave her a last kiss, and felt her heart beat fade out. It never seemed to stop, only fade off, like it was going somewhere I could not follow yet. ( its all i can think about sometimes in this thread) I think you were there with your dad too.

All I can say is I don’t believe we will have to endure the empty hole our loved ones left behind forever, a joy filled reunion is in the plans.

Peace and prayers for you brother.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Boston

God love you brother and the peace and presence of Holy Jesus be with you

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
May I ask your age? It may have relevance.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I've actually had this happen before many years ago. I also had this happen in a vehicle with the radio off when a nearby police officer used his car radio.

In no way am I knocking the spirit idea. I had a van in the 90s whose radio, turned off, blasted the words "You have to help the people." After that, the entire electrical system shorted and fried the alternator. We made it to a hotel where we found an elderly couple sitting outside their vehicle. The man soon experienced some sort of episode, and my wife and I performed CPR on him saving his life as we were soon told by the ambulance personnel.

We were offered a room for the night from the hotel for free, and the next morning, a family member of the elderly couple arrived to purchase a new alternator and even installed it for us.

So, I will never knock the concept of spiritual influence, and the first thing we heard when reached our destination, a Native American reservation in northern Minnesota, was the sound of a drum.

Just Believe. . .it has great power.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Could be your cell phone. My PC speakers do the same thing when my phone is on my desk.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Could be a bad contact. My children's toys use to do this when the batteries were low. Look in the compartment and check for any leakage or corrosion.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Boston

That's a good point. It makes me think about how people always say that God can work through mundane things or work through people, i.e. doctors, etc. If people think that's the case then why couldn't we think that a spirit might use mundane things like that to reach out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join