It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

Hi UnderGetty,if you woke up with physical welts and marks after dreams of being flogged,that is definitely thought-provoking,and disturbing.Maybe you would like to have a look at these two threads of mine-if not,disregard.You are fortunate to be a lucid dreamer,and every one who dreams lucidly-i've had precious few of those,and then only very briefly.Another thing,blood and gore almost never feature in my dreams,i cannot off the top of my head recall a single dream featuring gory injuries,mutilations,etc-i wonder why?Thanks for your reply.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Hi dfens i have'nt seen The Cube,is this it?If your dream was similar to this,yes that would be a very bad nightmare.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Hi Bearack,that does sound awful,especially the feeling that lingers once you're awake from the nightmare-my sympathy,i know how bad it can be.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Hi Orbital,thanks for reply,i think it's because when we sleep,our guard is down,so as to speak,and we don't have the control over our emotions,or at least we're not able to manage them,as well as when we're awake.We're so much more vulnerable in every way,if we are not lucky enough to be ones that dream lucidly,anyway.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Hi Phoenix,you know,i don't recall ever feeling pain in dreams? And i've had dreams of beings injured,attacked,things that Should hurt-yet never have i felt real pain.I have had dreams in which i've felt hatred from people though,plenty of those.I wonder if that's normal,most people seem to have felt pain in at least some of their dreams or mares? Thanks for your reply.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

Hi Dutchowl,you know a while ago,i had a dream in which my little son was also with me,as well as some people i knew,i don't recall now,who they were.My hubby's mom may have been one of them(which automatically makes it half a nightmare) and we were in this big house.There were different rooms,with different groups of people in each-and that was fine,nothing upsetting.Then through a door that was slightly ajar,i saw in the one room,a group of people that were very well-dressed-obviously an "elite" group of people,you could see from their clothing that they were the fabulously wealthy-and for some reason i got instantly a feeling of:"We had better get out of here,its dangerous to be here" to make it worse,for a while there,i could'nt find my son,but once we got outside in the sunlight,the panicky feeling left me,and as far as i can recall,i did find my son-if not,i think i would've woken with that bad cloying feeling. That was a horrible nightmare you had,i can imagine it must've been tremendously upsetting.Thank you for sharing though.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Arbiter of Lies

Hi Arbiter,yes i noticed this is a type of nightmare so many people seem to be having-of nuclear war,and cataclysmic destruction.As i said in a reply to someone else,i do hope its subconscious fears of such events happening for real,and not prophetic dreams from the collective unconscious! Such dreams must leave one with a very upset or bleak feeling upon waking? That's another thing i never,ever dream about-nuclear war,and ELE type dreams-the closest to that,that i've dreamt,were 2 dreams of earthquakes,but destroying only a city,or part of a city.And one of a man who tried to set the whole world on fire,to literally burn down the world.

In my dream,he used a flying thing,a cross between a plane and a missile(maybe a drone?) and he did succeed in setting a large area ablaze,at least one city,maybe more,but then he was stopped and his weapon neutralised.Thank you for sharing your dream.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Hi XLR8R,good Lord how terrifying and upsetting!!! Poor child-you! And worse,for being a recurring dream.Thanks for your reply.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Naynaychandler

Hi there Naynay,my sympathy on how badly that dream affected you-i do understand how profoundly a dream can affect one,upon waking and even for a long time afterwards,in some cases-though i must admit,i have never had a dream that left me so traumatised,as you were.If you don't mind my asking,can you remember the numbers the angry voice was yelling,or some of them?Does the dream still upset you,when you remember it? Again,my sympathy,and thank you very much for sharing.

Unfortunately I cannot remember what numbers were being said, this dream had occurred a long time before I had begun keeping record of my dreams.

I do not get upset over the content of what occurred in my dream, but its gravity is not lost on me. I put a lot of weight in what my dreams are saying to me, and I get frustrated that I cannot revisit this dream. If I could, I would study it endlessly

I wanted to also comment on your feeling of being inside of a "bell jar"

I certainly got that feeling after my dream, but I have also felt this same feeling without it being associated with dreaming.
One occurrence I remember very vividly was on a Monday night in January of 2011. I was staying at my parents' for the night and I was on the phone with a friend of mine. it was late, somewhere between 10pm and midnight. My friend and I were talking about the universe and how it works and at some point I could feel the air change around me. It was like someone had flipped a switch and had begun observing me. It felt like I was taking part in some kind of weird psychological experiment. I had that "bell jar feeling"

When I closed my eyes I could see a face, It was red and blue and patterned like a jester. It had a wide triangular smile and eyelids that were transparent. It did not speak, it simply sat behind my eyelids blinking its left eye, and watching me.

At some point in my conversation with my friend, my mother walked into the room. She stood in the doorway and said something to me. Her face was obscured by shadow and only her mouth was visible. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was that she had said to me, and at the time I only remember being very frightened of her. I don't think I ever heard exactly what she said.

Anyway, at some point my mother left the room and I continued talking with my friend, I was simply describing to her what I was feeling and experiencing there in my bedroom. I was looking out of my window and a house a few miles away from me exploded. After the shockwave of the explosion had passed everything had returned to normal. I could not see the face when I closed my eyes, and I no longer felt like I was being observed.

It was a very strange experience.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, and showing interest in mine.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
edit
edit on 11-5-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have had a few dreams that were truly unforgettable in my lifetime, including these:
#1 - I had this dream when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I was staying at my grandmother's house and I was in the spare bedroom (where I always slept when I stayed there), and instead of the regular door to the room the door had been replaced by a strange little door (there really was a tiny door in the house - it was in the master bedroom closet and was about 30" tall by about 18" wide or so, and it was just an access to the bathtub plumbing). I was sitting on the bed and all of the sudden the latch on the door started to wiggle, as though someone or something was trying to open the door. I became overwhelmed with terror, and began to scream for my grandmother. Finally, I knew the only way out was thru the tiny door, and somehow I got up the courage to reach for the latch (which had stopped moving) and I flung the door open and ran screaming into the pitch black hallway. I never did see what was trying to get at me, but that dream creeped me out for a very, very long time.
#2 (this was actually a series of recurring nightmares, actually more like night terrors) I was in my bed (I was in my late 20's when I had these dreams) and I had the sense that something wraith-like was creeping under the door to my bedroom, like the mist in some old vampire movie that then turns back into the vampire. I was flat on my back, totally paralyzed, and I could feel a very large animal slowly climb up onto my bed. I had the sense that it was a big cat, like a leopard or cougar, and these dreams were so vivid I could actually feel the mattress depressing under its feet and my body moving in response to that. It would straddle my body and even though I could not see it, I had the sense that its face and jaws were inches from my face. All I could do was to scream, and when I finally woke up, I would wake up screaming. These dreams got so bad that it was like Nightmare on Elm Street - I was almost afraid to go to sleep. I had half a mind to find a minister to bless my house, either that or go to a doctor and beg for sleeping pills! The dreams eventually stopped, but only after nearly a year of terror.
#3 This was, thankfully, a one timer, but similar to the panther dreams. I was laying on my bed, on my back, and I looked up at the ceiling and noticed a huge black beetle crawling around. I realized it was going to be right over my head very soon, but I was paralyzed and my mouth was wide open and I couldn't close it. The bug then crawled until it was right over my open mouth, and all of the sudden it let go of the ceiling and dropped straight into my mouth (like something out of the Mummy movies). At that point I woke up screaming like the panther dreams.
#4 This has to be the sickest, saddest dream I've ever had, and it still horrifies me to this day (I was a child when I had this dream and I had a hard time getting it out of my mind). I was wandering around somewhere trying to find my dog and found myself in a hideous restaurant, where to my horror I find my dog in a pot on the stove. But even worse where the details - he was cooking away in the stew pot and parts of his lower body had been carved away and already served, and yet he was still alive, sitting there looking at me and panting. I knew that too much of him was gone and I might not be able to save him, and no one paid me any attention when I tried to stop them from carving him up and serving him. I woke from that dream with my pillow wet with tears. But the funny thing was that dog actually lived to a ripe old age of 17 years!
Finally, there are my lifelong recurring nightmares - all having to do with furnaces or boilers that are about to explode and burn down the house or building that I am in. In the dreams, I'm always trying to either escape the explosion or find a way (like a kill switch or breaker) to prevent it. Sometimes I'm successful, other times not. Sometimes I pull the kill switch but the power comes back on and the explosion and flames happen anyway. I think these come from something that actually happened when I was a child. My grandparents' next door neighbor was away and he took me and my grandmother over to check on their house. Well, it was hot as hell in there and all the plants were all wilted and dead (in the middle of winter) and suddenly my grandfather told my grandmother to take me and get out. Turns out the boiler had malfunctioned and was on the verge of exploding (my grandfather shut it down in the nick of time) and would have burned the house down. That incident also caused me to be afraid of the furnace in every house I lived in as a child thereafter.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrecken Licht

Oh.you.poor.man/woman.Hellish,that dream you had as a kid,about your dog-good merciful Lord! How absolutely horrendous.But i'm very glad to hear that your dog did in fact live to a ripe old age! The beetle in mouth-uuu-hugh.Dude you are a VETERAN of truly gnarly dreams! Thank you very much for sharing though.My mother would feel an invisible cat walking on her bed,and on her btw,when i was a kid-but she was awake when that happened.Our house was severely haunted/spirit-infested,i felt the proximity of the spirits even in the daytime,that's why i spent almost every free minute outside.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread945642/pg5#pid16360180]post by seamus[/url]

Hi Seamus,the "horsecats" you mention made me think of a nightmare i had about a "catman"/were-cat.I was in this old dilapidated house,sitting on a dusty floor,in a double circle.Between the outer+inner circle there were symbols drawn.There was this naked man,about in his 30's,with light brown curly/frizzy hair.He would shrnk+turn into a cat-back to a man again,hissing+snarling in fury,because somehow i knew that if i stayed within the circle he could'nt touch me.This infuriated im,but it was a great relief for me:-)thanks for your reply.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In my dream, I'm walking past the elementary school near my house. In the grass are several elephants. The elephants don't seem particularly aggressive, but my reaction is to avoid the elephants as best I can and continue towards my house.

That's when I notice there are several people near the elephants, these are not elephant handlers or circus folk, but a random group of suburban people of indeterminate age. I also notice that they have a shih-tsu type dog with them. My immediate feeling is that the dog is too close to the elephants and I continue to walk away. By this point in the dream I'm feeling very pensive and can feel an attitude.

Suddenly I see a medium sized elephant with tusks pick up the dog in its mouth and chew. I can hear the crunch and see a fountain of blood erupt from the elephants mouth. Then I wake up.

I was uneasy when I woke up, and my family tried to tell me the elephants were election related. (this was just a bit before the 2012 election. I never subscribed to that theory, I tend to think it was a random dream, but it certainly stuck with me.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Worst nightmare was being caught murdering someone.. and second was losing my kids...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

At first I would wake up screaming. I was so dizzy after those dreams I had trouble walking, I'd stagger to my parents bedrooms. I wouldn't even talk about them they terrified me so much. One night It started again and for some reason I knew it was a dream. So I sat there a bit nervous and let the dream play itself out. Never had the dream again. Maybe that's the reason I'm such horror buff now.

edit on 13-5-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Infinite falling.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
OH! Another dream I used to have alot when I was a kid (had this dream several times) I was very young (9-10 yrs old) and I find myself home alone. I remember thinking it was weird because that would NEVER happen. NOT EVER lol.Lets just say I wasnt trusted lol. Anyway the dream starts and I am home alone. The phone rings, and its the funeral home next door (I grew up next to a funeral home, it was crazy if I stayed up late I would see them carting bodies in, it was creepy). They ask If I had a spare pair of black shoes I could donate for a service later. Itell them i dont at first, but then I remember that my grandpa has a bunch of old shos in the basement. I tell them I will bring them over in a bit. I found a suitable pair of shoes and shine them up (my grandpa used to make me shine his shoes lol) and I run next door to the funeral home with the newly shined shoes. I ring the door bell. This strange looking fellow of small staure and green skin answers the door. His appearance terrified me. He was wearing a top hat like abe lincoln. But as hesitantly as I could I hand him the shoes and he says "Why did you bring shoes, you wont need shoes where your going." Then I would wake up. What a scary thing to say! You wont need shoes....lol Forgot about that one. Also This is more of a profetic dream, because it came true about a month after I dreamed it, but I had a dream my brother burst in the door to my apt and was screaming hyserically that Our mother had died. He had a woman with him who had green skin. I dont what it is about green skin in my dreams but it happens alot. But like it was so strange. It bothered me alot so I called my mother to make sure she was alright
Then she died a month later and everything happened just like in my dream. Even the lady was the same, she just didnt have green skin. It was the WORST deja Vu I have ever had.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Squirtmcgirt

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom,Squirt.I found that chilling,that the lady with your brother (when he came in waking life to bring news of your mom's passing on)was even the same,except for the green skin.

The nightmare you spoke of first,sounds very frightening too.That short-statured greenskinned man made me think of the movie Beetlejuice,was'nt there a l'il character like that?Anyway,i could picture your dream very well in my mind.Yes that's one it would've been a relief to wake up from! I think in dreams the negative meaning of green means jealousy,envy,illness,evil intentions,negative attitudes,as opposed to the positive meaning which would be healing,growth,abundance,positive change for the better.Thanks for adding these dreams.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight4444

Hi Midnight,that was an unusual one! if i recall correctly,dreaming of being afraid of an elephant means there's a big problem or issue you're wary of confronting-i don't have an idea how the dog would tie in,though? Thanks for sharing,eeww,yes,i could picture that one well,also.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join