It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't you be saved after death?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Can a person repent and accept Jesus as savior after death? If not why not? Evidently we all continue on after this life, some heading to heaven and other heading to hell. Why are we resrticted to make this choice during this life or are we?

After I die, if I see God and Jesus and Satan I'll then finally have enough evidence to convince me they exist. Why can I not then go oh ok you got me! I believe...Why would god give us so little evidence to make our choice when belief will be obvious in the afterlife?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Hell is a myth used as a conversion tactic... to maintain control over the populous by taking advantage of your FEAR of the unknown.

When our bodies fail... All will return home without exception... unfortunately not everyone will be happy once that happens...

So make the best of this life while you're here

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Can a person repent and accept Jesus as savior after death? If not why not? Evidently we all continue on after this life, some heading to heaven and other heading to hell. Why are we resrticted to make this choice during this life or are we?

After I die, if I see God and Jesus and Satan I'll then finally have enough evidence to convince me they exist. Why can I not then go oh ok you got me! I believe...Why would god give us so little evidence to make our choice when belief will be obvious in the afterlife?
well to me if god exists then why is there a hell when hes suppose to forgive?doesn,t make any sense to me

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence if you want the truth
Christianity is a faith and God has set out a road to salvation. The journey has to be started in life. That is the rule that God has set out.
The thief on the cross only said to Jesus "Remember me", that was enough.
According to the teachings of the bible we were made for God and He implements the rules, not vice versa.
Plenty of other beliefs teach what you want, Christianity teaches we decide here.

Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Thats just the rule

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

well to me if god exists then why is there a hell when hes suppose to forgive?doesn,t make any sense to me

Hell is well documented,make no mistake.
Hell is a place of justice for those who refuse the free gift of forgivess.
God is a just God so hell serves as a place for those who dont accept they are evil and refuse to acknowledge they have damaged others, attacked God Himself.

You cant be forgiven unless you ask.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by sparky31

Hell is a place of justice for those who refuse the free gift of forgivess.
God is a just God so hell serves as a place for those who dont accept they are evil and refuse to acknowledge they have damaged others, attacked God Himself.

You cant be forgiven unless you ask.
well that still doesn,t ring true to me cause i,ve always been told that god forgives everyone for anything they,ve done no matter what.

seriously they can,t have it both ways which is why i doubt it and the fact if he exists then where his he?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

i,ve always been told that god forgives everyone for anything they,ve done no matter what.

My friend, you've been told wrong... be careful who you believe...

Matthew 6

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.... show them mercy and you will be shown mercy...

But if you do not forgive, and show your brothers mercy... you will be given none...

edit on 2-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, according to Peter, everyone will leave hell at some point.

Christ revealed to Peter that hell was a final resort to get your attention.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Related, the Catholic Church has a tradition that souls can be prayed out of purgatory.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This whole forgivness by a savior thing is just a rouse to get people to do stuff sane RESPONSIBLE people would NEVER do.
Like the Holocost, residential schools, tything...

Forgivingness after you are dead?
What about the people you done wrong while you were alive?
without earning their forgivness, and thinking you will get forgivness from some imaginary diety is just ...
a total cop out...

ps:
by "you" I mean "you" as in the general philosophical sence
not "ewe" as in sheeple

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Documented by who? Please don't start writing back quotes fro the bible, I want to know who went to hell and came back to tell their story

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
mormons say they can save the souls of the dead.
let's all join them, shall we?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Documented by who? Please don't start writing back quotes fro the bible, I want to know who went to hell and came back to tell their story

Only Christians, and people with a preconceived notion of said firey place...

No one has ever had an experience with going to hell and returning that didn't have some sort of believe that hell exists...

Ever...

Here comes the YouTube videos... *sigh*

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's my point, people throw around sayings like "it is well documented", I am sorry but no it isn't and that is an outright lie. No person has documented hell, they have just been told that there is one. Being told that there is a hell and having actual proof are two totally different things.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That's my point, people throw around sayings like "it is well documented", I am sorry but no it isn't and that is an outright lie. No person has documented hell, they have just been told that there is one. Being told that there is a hell and having actual proof are two totally different things.
its the same as jesus and heaven.....been told about it but prove to me it actually exists.

its a story from a book........another few thousand years then harry potters the god almighty for his wizardry

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As per Christian believes,

"God created man, men was created in the image of God but with imperfections, so the God creator could come back and save men from themselves with God itself coming back as God son"

So from whom does men really have to be saved from?

From GOD if people have not figure out the irony of what Christian salvation is all about it never will due to blind religious believes.

Men create God, no God create men.
edit on 2-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
mormons say they can save the souls of the dead.
let's all join them, shall we?

It is actually one of the reasons I did.

The OP is right. How would a loving, forgiving Father put people into situations that make any knowledge of Christ impossible without giving everyone a chance? It is neither loving or forgiving to think that because someone has the misfortune to be born, say, as a woman in Afghanistan (many never see any man that is not part of their family and never travel outside of their home, plus no education) they won't ever reach paradise. When it says in the Bible that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven, I think people get stuck on the word "rich". I'm in the US, and am rich in so many ways...education, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, free to associate with whoever I want...and know about and accepted Christ as my personal Savior. But if I lead a life of being a really, really bad person, why should I get to heaven over my sister in Afghanistan who spends her life giving selflessly to others? I shouldn't.
Jesus even taught this himself with the parable of the Good Samaritan. The religious people that didn't help would be like the Christians who don't live up to the title; the non-religious, outsider, non-believer who did right was the person to emulate.
It's why I rejected the church I grew up in at catechism, for that very reason. And the same goes for children and babies....they all come from heaven, and they all go back to heaven even if someone didn't sprinkle water on them. That's just stupid.
And Heavenly Father...is far from stupid.
While at ATS we are told to "Deny Ignorance."
As a LDS, I know that the true glory of God is intelligence.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Evidently we all continue on after this life, some heading to heaven and other heading to hell.

Pics or it didn't happen. If it is "evident" for all of us, please provide this "evidence".

And people are saved every day after death, happens a lot in hospitals. It's called "resuscitation".

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The bible, but hey if you dont believe then its pointless to try making you, I wont

www.google.com.au...< br />
Others might be interested in the google search

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Only Christians, and people with a preconceived notion of said firey place...

No one has ever had an experience with going to hell and returning that didn't have some sort of believe that hell exists...

Ever...

Here comes the YouTube videos... *sigh*

Yes there they are...sigh.
Do they offend you

take it or leave it

Atheists who went to hell and returned, they also have preconceived notions
www.google.com.au...# hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=atheist+returns+from+hell&oq=atheist+returns+from+hell&gs_l=serp.3...278615.285263.0.285640.25.24.0.1.1.2.706.7830.2-18j3j1j1j1 .24.0...0.0...1c.1.12.psy-ab.cnU79wRpAVw&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.aGc&fp=f65a83316a576e4a&biw=1517&bih=714

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join