It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL: Police manhunt for Boston Marathon bombing suspect scarier than attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Former Rep. Ron Paul said the law enforcement that swarmed around Boston in the days following the marathon bombings was scarier than the actual terrorist attack. “The Boston bombing provided the opportunity for the government to turn what should have been a police investigation into a military-style occupation of an American city,” he said on the Lew Rockwell website, Politico reported.

“This unprecedented move should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself.”

“He was discovered by a private citizen, who then placed a call to the police,” he said. “And he was identified not by government surveillance cameras, but by private citizens who willingly shared their photographs with the police.”

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

I agree, but I am Canadian and wasn't directly affected and I'm sure others in Boston area would 100% disagree with Ron's statement, but I figure this would be worth posting since he's not talking about much on here.

It was truly frightening to hear that Boston SWAT were basically going to knock, if no answer, were going to then Bullhorn and if no answer in 30 seconds they were going to force entry. What about the folks no home, or elderly couples who weren't watching TV and take 5 minutes to get downstairs. Frig sakes man.
edit on 29-4-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There was no right answer for the response.

If they wouldn't have responded overwhelmingly, people would be crying about how the police/government isn't doing their job. And when they did respond with overwhelming force, they still get criticized.

In the end, they got both the suspects in only 4 days...kind of hard to argue with those results.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Agreed!

I got really fired up over how this went down and got my first and hopefully last "Extreme T&C violation since I became a member of this site. Which I must say I deserved.....

But the idea of people thinking it is AOK to have people at gun point to be ushered by the "Gestapo" out of their homes when they have done nothing wrong and THEN seeing my fellow Americans defend this kind of action by the "Gestapo" really sent me over the edge........

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I agree, but I am Canadian and wasn't directly affected and I'm sure others in Boston area would 100% disagree with Ron's statement,

hm?

Sorry... why would they disagree with Ron's statement?

Of course they would agree. You agree, I agree, everyone with at least a pea for a brain agrees. That was military occupation of the city of boston. The end did not justify the means, not by a mile. Actually nothing would justify that action unless the united states were under invasion and in a state of war. And still that wouldnt justify the action of the military towards their own civilians.

Now why wouldnt the people of Boston agree with that? They were the ones that got treated like criminals with humvs and armored vehicles on their streets and army personnel in full body armor patrolling their streets with their rifles pointed at them, told by loudspeakers to shut their windows and to stay in doors, and to have the swat teams and the army barge in to do "whatever" inside their houses, to get them outside their houses with their hands up, by force, like theres a little bomber in each one of us, tactical teams camping outside as if something goes wrong they were authorized to take the shot.

Now why shouldnt the people of boston agree?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You are not the only one man, I too am in disbelief of those that are applauding this.

I spent the better part of 2 days and probably 50 or 60 posts trying to talk sense into some folks, in the end, after 600 plus posts and some 37 pages later I just had to walk away.

The similarities between pre night of long knives germany and this should be obvious, though I guess with revisionist history being taught these days.......

ETA-here is the link, for anyone who managed to miss it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-4-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ron Paul is definitely right about this. I was watching a live feed, and does everyone know that Homeland Security had over 20 armored vehicles involved? The news reporters from the local news station were the only ones on the scene, but they weren't allowed close - there were helicopters, and troops in military uniforms.

Doesn't this show the capacity the government has? Will it slow down or get more intense? Probably get more intense. Will we see this again? More than likely.

Was this really just being used to search for the Boston Bombers or was the government double-dipping and using it as a chance to test their new tactics?
edit on 29-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
clicked on your link

This story is no longer available on the site Take a look at some of the other content by going to our home page.

hmm guess they took it down

Does anyone know who made the order to send in the troops to hunt this guy down ?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You agree, I agree, everyone with at least a pea for a brain agrees. That was military occupation of the city of boston.

In the age of information...how is it possible that these false rumors continue to be spread around?

Boston was not occupied....Boston was not on lockdown...None of the coverage of police in force that you saw was in Boston.

A small portion of a subburb, Watertown, was on lockdown. It was really only a few blocks that were really on "lockdown".

But that hasn't stopped people from repeating over and over the false information that "Boston was on lockdown". It is really really sad that I keep seeing this repeated over and over.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

How would you of felt if you were at home with your family and having these law enforcement people taking you out of your house with your kids all at gun point ?

How do you think this is acceptable?
edit on 29/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You agree, I agree, everyone with at least a pea for a brain agrees. That was military occupation of the city of boston.

In the age of information...how is it possible that these false rumors continue to be spread around?

Boston was not occupied....Boston was not on lockdown...None of the coverage of police in force that you saw was in Boston.

A small portion of a subburb, Watertown, was on lockdown. It was really only a few blocks that were really on "lockdown".

But that hasn't stopped people from repeating over and over the false information that "Boston was on lockdown". It is really really sad that I keep seeing this repeated over and over.
What is sad is the fact that boston was on lockdown.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

How would you of felt if you were at home with your family and having these law enforcement people taking you out of your house with your kids all at gun point ?

How do you think this is acceptable?
edit on 29/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

I think it is acceptable because of the motive behind it. It wasn't done to terrorize the public or to break into houses to look for a reason to arrest them. It was done for public safety.

If they hadn't responded like this and he blew up a house...you would be crying that the police didn't do their job.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And here we go again with the "it was necessary to act like jack booted thugs, and endanger many citizens by pointing firearms at them, to keep them safe from our imagined dangers" rhetoric.

I just can't manage to do this again yet, please someone, anyone, inform him how endangering the public by aiming weapons at them, in no way equals protecting them, it equals endangering them, as in actually threatening their lives, by way of pointing a loaded weapon at them when they are obviously not a 19 year old kid.

Pretty please, god, if your really out there, save these idiots from their own stupidity before it "saves" us all to death!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think it is acceptable because of the motive behind it. It wasn't done to terrorize the public or to break into houses to look for a reason to arrest them. It was done for public safety.

If they hadn't responded like this and he blew up a house...you would be crying that the police didn't do their job.

That's pretty sad..................

The OP is from Canada, and understands the Constitution of the United States of America more than you do!

But hey, if you feel the government should control every aspect of you and your families life, then by all means continue to live in fear!!! I have news for you and your like. You are the only people in this country living in fear!!! Those of us whom believe in the Constitution are the ONLY chance your and your family have of living a free life! What is hard for us to understand, is why are you so willing to sacrifice your freedom for safety???? Every hear of Benjamin Franklin????

You might want to look up what he had to say about people like you!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

slowly and surely with any chance or opportunity they seem to be making it more acceptable to people to just give up their rights and to be treated like criminals when they have done nothing wrong .

Why not knock on the door ask if they are safe if they were being help up I am sure anyone with half a brain would of read the distress on any ones face .

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Come on man...

Time for you to join Hopechest and the tinkerbell crew and start posting that its all normal, its perfectly right to do so, its in their right because its for the citizen's own safety, that the civilians should embrace this as part of their daily lives - just in case this becomes more, you know - frequent (for your own safety that is) - and that this is all... fine and dandy - nothing to see here - move along.

Oh and some of those german concentration camps btw... they were also "temporary" at first.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You're a 100000x times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist so....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Really? I don't think people would have been outraged to not see something they had never ever seen before in response to any kind of attack.

"How come no one is searching my home? Where are the armored personnel carriers? How come no one's pointed a gun at me? Rabble rabble."

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That's still too much, and to what end did it serve? It got the police exactly squat and cost the taxpayers their money and their right to privacy. You've got no argument.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The OP is from Canada, and understands the Constitution of the United States of America more than you do!

Does he, or you, understand that the Boston police don't operate under the Constitution of the United States? That the Constitution applies to the federal government and not local police?

But hey, if you feel the government should control every aspect of you and your families life, then by all means continue to live in fear!!! I have news for you and your like. You are the only people in this country living in fear!!! Those of us whom believe in the Constitution are the ONLY chance your and your family have of living a free life! What is hard for us to understand, is why are you so willing to sacrifice your freedom for safety???? Every hear of Benjamin Franklin????

You might want to look up what he had to say about people like you!

I don't live in fear...I think you have more fear of the government than I do of any aspect of my life. I don't fear terrorists, I'm statistically unlikely to be affected by them. I don't fear police, I understand there are bad apples in every bunch but I know many police officers and have interacted with many...no negative reactions. I don't fear the government, like you do, I understand it's place and understand that sometimes stupid people need to be governed a little more than others.

And please, you and "others" like you have absolutely no bearing on my "free life". Our freedom hasn't been in danger since WWII, and even that is debateable. No internet warrior is protecting my "freedom", that is laughable.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If there weren't the idiotic restrictions on gun ownership and the full court press by the government on demonizing owners, then maybe somebody like the little terrorist dude wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hades of moving an inch around Boston for the citizenry that is armed and ready to defend themselves.

Having the ridiculously expensive forces displayed in Watertown and the jackboot mentality of it all would never have even been necessary for an armed public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join