It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian Ministry of Defense - Official Meeting With UFO Researchers.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This recent development is already being discussed here on ATS but thought it deserved a thread of its own as the official meeting is being called a 'world first' as it's the only time that a country's Ministry of Defense has actually called in UFO researchers to formally discuss the subject.

The meeting was held at the Ministry of Defense headquarters on April 18th and was attended by representatives from the Brazilian Air Force, Army and Navy -Researcher Fernando Aragon described it as 'a date that will go down in history of Ufology' and it's said the meeting came about as a direct response to the 'Foz do Iguaçu' Ministry of Defence letter -a document issued by the Brazilian Committee of UFO researchers during the 4th World UFO Forum which was signed by over 30 speakers from a dozen countries and nearly 600 people from the audience.

Foz Do Iguacu Letter (pdf)

Meeting:

Ministry of Defence receives ufologists to handle documents on UFOs

Brasilia, 04/18/2013 - Members of the Brazilian Committee of UFO researchers (CBU) and representatives of the Armed Forces met on the afternoon of Thursday, the Ministry of Defence (MD), to address the access to military documents dealing with accounts involving unidentified flying objects (UFOs). The meeting was the unfolding of a meeting held in early February, when the ministry discussed administrative procedures for responding to requests for information from more than 30 speakers from Brazil in the IV World Forum of Ufology . At the time, it was determined that all documents under the responsibility of the Navy, Army and Air Force related to the subject were made ​​public, as established by the Law on Access to Information (LAI)..

Brazilian Government Website

UFO Document Release:

Ministry of Defense and ufologists hit communication channel world first

During the meeting, the ufologists have made clear to the secretary of Coordination and Institutional Organization of the Ministry of Defense and mediator of the event, Dr. Ari Matos Cardoso, as well as all military personnel from the Army, Navy and Air Force gifts, what you want is a environment of cooperation between the parties, with the intention that it be provided full access to the government UFO files for analysis and subsequent dissemination.

It is common knowledge throughout the UFO community in the country that the Brazilian Committee of UFO researchers (CBU), especially through its campaign "UFOs: Freedom of Information Now," always maintained that a serious and systematic study of the UFO phenomenon, such as support government through its military, scientific knowledge can come invaluable to Brazilian society and world.

link

It's said that discussion was focused on access to military documents regarding UFO investigations and although the Brazilian government has already released over 4000 documents 'some of the files regarding the more famous cases have yet to be declassified'.

Brazilian UFO Document Index - PDF Files

Regarding these classified documents Ari Matos, the Secretary for the Ministry’s Institutional Coordination and Organization 'reassured the group that the documents are going through the proper procedures for release and will be released in accordance to Brazil’s Access to Information Act'.

I found it interesting that it states some of the participating military officials were completely unaware of important Brazilian cases like Colares and the Official UFO Night In Brazil and hopefully an official multi-disciplinary committee will be established where they can learn about the facts involved - Chile and Uruguay already have official UFO Investigative departments so why not Brazil (or the U.S.)?

Official Committee?

One of the topics discussed in the meeting was about the frequent request made by the UFO researchers, who would like to see established an official committee or bureau for UFO research, composed both my civilian and military members..

The Letter posed again such request to the Ministry of Defense in these terms: To establish a multidisciplinary and mixed committee, with the joint participation of military from the three Armed Forces and members of the Brazilian UFO Community, so that with military logistics and the mutual cooperation of UFO researchers and civilian scientists, a proper co-jointstudy of the UFO activity can be carried out, to be subsequently disclosed to society by means of regular informative instruments, suitable to the issue's importance.

link

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hadn't heard about this, thanks for sharing. I really should get on my "I told you so" t shirt making, it's only a matter of time.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I sure would of liked to be at that meeting! To me...this news is exciting...I have bookmarked this thread for future reference.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is great news! Thank you for posting this. I await the results of all this cooperation.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I approve highly of this goal:

...so that with military logistics and the mutual cooperation of UFO researchers and civilian scientists, a proper co-joint study of the UFO activity can be carried out, to be subsequently disclosed to society by means of regular informative instruments, suitable to the issue's importance.

Nice find, friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
South America seems to be ahead of the curve with this stuff as far as official investigations go.

Chile, for example, has CEFAA as it's official UFO investigatory agency. The U.S. could take a lesson from this, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfootgurl
South America seems to be ahead of the curve with this stuff as far as official investigations go.

Chile, for example, has CEFAA as it's official UFO investigatory agency. The U.S. could take a lesson from this, in my opinion.

That's true. It's because South America always had a link to ET since ancient times. The concept of visitors from other worlds is accepted in the most natural way. I traveled by the Andes and heard local stories about sights and encounters. They talk about this topic without great excitement.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't know how skeptics can continue to believe we're not being visited by other life forms. Considering the number of government officials and military personal who are coming out and claiming these things are real. What is this mass hysteria or a world wide hoax?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow this is a great find. Thanks for posting it. It is comforting to know that there are governments that actually want answers as badly as the rest of us do. I just wish that the U.S. would follow in the footsteps of these other governments and stop all of the secrecy and information hoarding. I am interested to see what comes of this in the future.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey, alright!
Brazil is home to some of the most startling UFO cases in history. It is no wonder they are taking this so seriously. Some of the only cases that display overt hostility towards humans come from Brazil. And these are thoroughly documented cases.

Great find, OP!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I don't know how skeptics can continue to believe we're not being visited by other life forms. Considering the number of government officials and military personal who are coming out and claiming these things are real. What is this mass hysteria or a world wide hoax?

And yet not a single one of them can provide any concrete evidence to support thier claims

Surely such important officials must have something, no?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Unless the US is already dealing with aliens directly so they already know everything.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And yet not a single one of them can provide any concrete evidence to support thier claims Surely such important officials must have something, no?
reply to post by Wh00pS

So you're saying all these military personal, government officials, airline pilots are all just lying? Lets think logically here, what would they have to gain? They all didn't write books or get paid for their testimony. We're not only talking government officials either, were talking astronauts, doctors, police officers, teachers, etc.... With all the stigma associated with UFO claims, do you think these people would even take a chance on ruining their reputation? Let's not even mention credible sightings that have been witnessed around the world.

Were not talking about the Lock nest monster here. There have been credible sightings including multiple witness sightings. A lot of these sightings have been documented by the FAA, CIA, Air Force and other branches of the service. Some governments around the world have released their own documentation related to UFO sightings. Our own government has held documentation that have been released via the Freedom of Information act. Why are there pages upon pages blacked out, if UFO sightings are just a figment of someone's imagination? If there wasn't any concern about these sightings why document them? Why have a manual created for special operations units. "

Most skeptics will tow the same line. Where's the concrete evidence?

Do the research, there has been documented research into the UFO phenomenon carried out by U.S. Air force not only once but 3 times! Project Sign (1948), Project Grudge (1948 to 1952) and Project Blue Book (1952 to 1970). It seems to me the United States spent a lot of time and money researching something that skeptics and government officials say was a waste of time.

All of this evidence has been well documented.

Physical Evidence
Electro-Magnetic Effects
Vehicle Interference Cases
Physical Trace Cases
Physiological Effects
Radar Cases

Most of the people who deny the possibility of earth being visited have done very little research to none on the subject. Skeptics are quick to hold on to ridiculous explanations explaining UFO cases, but as soon as their reasoning is shown to hold no weight, they will ignore any other possibility.

Let me remind you of this...

Below are just a few scientists who were reviled for their beliefs and theories who didn't have the "concrete evidence", only to be later proven correct. No concrete evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. UFO researchers will be vilified just like these other so called "crackpots." I would say they're in good company.

Doppler (optical Doppler effect)

Folk, Robert L. (existence and importance of nanobacteria)

Pasteur, Louis (germ theory of disease)

Rous, Peyton (viruses cause cancer)

Tesla, Nikola (brushless AC motor)

Wegener, Alfred (continental drift)

Wright, Wilbur & Orville (flying machines)

Zwicky, Fritz (existence of dark matter, 1933)

Bretz J Harlen (ice age geology)

Chladni, Ernst (meteorites in 1800)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Unless the US is already dealing with aliens directly so they already know everything.

gov/mil is just as confused as other nation's gov regarding UFO phenomena.. they dont have the answer and dont want to admit they are powerless. the only secret that US gov/mil tried to hide is that their military are powerless to stop these phenomena.

and who said those behind these UFO Phenomena is 'aliens' / ET ? no evidence other than some myth/fantasy created by liar/huckster/storyteller.. Every (real) UFO researchers admit they dont know what or who caused the UFO Phenomena, because there never been any evidence of such. the ETH (Extra terrestrial hypothesis) are just hypothesis , with no HARD EVIDENCE to back it up.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

You clearly mistaken these documentations as evidence of 'other life forms'.. there are nothing in the documentation that provide such evidence. the released doc are the encounter documentation with unknown phenomena, with no evidence of who / what behind the phenomena.

One thing that the released documents state is this : the phenomena is real , the gov/mil (brazilian) are confused, no one understand what/who behind it.

The alien/ET theory are just one of the theory and no hard evidence support them. Those who want to believe that theory is welcome but its not a proven fact.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

no HARD EVIDENCE

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Totally agree in that this deserved it's own thread

And for anyone who wants to hear more about UFOs in Brazil, you should probably take a look at this lecture:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Bigfootgurl, thanks for the post matey and it really is - the way some South American countries are currently conducting themselves when it comes to open and official UFO investigations puts most other countries to shame - especially the U.K. and U.S.

Here's what Chile's General Ricardo Bermúdez had to say about the subject:

“I believe all possibilities of risk to air operations, no matter how incredible, must be investigated; to ignore it is irresponsible.”

General Ricardo Bermúdez discusses the Pelican UFO Case

Great link, have you heard the pilot transmisions on these official videos from Chilean UFO cases like the LAN Flight 045 incident -very interesting stuff.

Colonel Ariel Sanchez from Uruguay's official UFO Research office also makes some pretty darn interesting comments in the video below:

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and let's hope researchers in Brazil continue to put pressure on their MOD for the document release and realise the official UFO committee -Argentina has recently formed one so I can't think of any reasons why not.

Argentinean Air Force UFO Commission states mission

“To document, analyze and study unidentified phenomena in an orderly, systematic and truthful manner by means of conventional control systems on the airspace under the National Jurisdiction.”

Argentine Air Force announces committee to study UFO phenomenon

RealTVUFOs has also sourced an interesting article below about Brazilian documents which states that UFO material is being illegally held by the government and it really would be very nice to finally see the missing 16 hours of UFO footage from Colares -also brought up is the night of the 19th of May, 1986 and there's a good news report below about it with English subtitles.

Against the law, documents about UFOs kept secret

Colares Government Documents

"Only matters of national defense are classified as top secret. However, even if the documents Operation Prato had been so taxed, the law states that they would have to be released 30 years after the event, ie, in 2007," says Rodrigo Visoni, archivist of Aeronautics and author of the article 'Secrecy or Censorship? ', published in the special section' Flying Saucers' the October issue of the Journal of the History of the National Library.

The strange apparitions provided four months of surprise and fear in Colares. It was reported in detail by Operation Air Force, which maintains most of the records in complete confidence. They say they are releasing all the documentation, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. We have about 500 pages compiled, but no information that this number reaches 2000. None of the 16 hours of footage of UFOs in Colares was released, for example, "accuses AJ Gevaerd, publisher of UFO Magazine, who is leading the campaign for the publication of the documents. Sought for comment, the communications department of the Air Force did not comment on the matter.

Files released recently about another case of UFOs feed further speculation of ufologists."In conclusion the observed facts contained in almost all presentations, this command is of the opinion that phenomena are solid and reflect somehow intelligence, the ability to track and maintain distance from the observer, but also fly in formation, not necessarily manned "reports the final considerations of a report recently released by the Air Force on UFO Official Night, became known as the appearance of dozens of foreign objects on radar of air traffic controllers in May 1986..

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is exciting to see nation after nation broadening their perspective on these matters.
I am constantly being dumb-founded as to how people cannot acknowledge the possibility that intelligent life-forms exist beyond Earth's atmosphere.
To even imagine that we could have been, are and will be visited by extra-terrestrial intelligences with the technological capability of interstellar travel is beyond many. Why? I have no idea.

First and foremost, according to the evolution theory, primordial soup theory, panspermia theory and our estimated age of our planet and life upon it; since there are approximetly between 100-400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone, and approximetly 3 septillion stars (estimated to be the equivalent of all the grains of sand on Earth) in the observable Universe, which is believed to have been created approximetly 13 billion years ago while the Earth is only estimated to be 4,5 billion years old; if only 1/3 of all the stars in the observable Universe has at least one planet capable of supporting life as we know it on Earth, there could be as many as 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets out there with life on them and if only half of those had intelligent life on them and are millions, or even billions of years older than our own... Well, I would say it is not only possible but nothing but likely that not only microbial life exist out there; but also intelligent. Possibly and also likely even more intelligent than our brightest minds.

I am no mathematical genius but these numbers are rather convincing to me.

Then we have the question as to why intelligent extra-terrestrials would even consider visiting and contacting us.
If these visitors ever speculated about philosophy and were capable of feeling joy, love and happiness like us humans and most other animals on the planet; if I were them I would be delighted to contact another intelligent species. Even if they turned out to be somewhat stupid in comparison to myself.
There's a possible dark side to this question as well but let's be optimistic for a change.

Why they would engage in contact with us is purely a philosophical and ideological question which cannot be answered accuratly as it is entirely a case of the individual's perspectives on life.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Origins because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join