It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wings In The Night... Visited By A Pteranodon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I appreciate the pics of the footprints from you guys. I'll have to comment in the morning. I'm heading out the door now for work.

Have a good night, and thanks for your interest.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

OP even has a job !

edit on 11-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
did i misread the original post because several folks in the thread here mentioned being certain the OP saw what she thought she saw but i thought the OP said she never looked or saw it. with the only evidence being the noise a ten year old hears outside their window in the middle of the night that no one else seems to hear as much as i appreciate the story and would love to be wrong i would have to think it was not from a prehistoric animal. wind and trees can make some incredibly strange noises. i have been initially fooled more than once by that combo. my son recently was convinced something was outside his window and it turned out being the wind rustling the neighbor's trashcan. i'm sorry but having a hard time believing this is solid evidence of a living fossil.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Awesome thread, thank you for sharing your experiences and the additional reports from various sources you have posted. I believe you, and I believe there are a great many creatures which are still unknown to us which have survived from millenia ago such as Sasquatch/ Yeti etc and Loch Ness creature which I believe are surviving creatures from previous times. Also the reports of Mothmen sightings has always fascinated me and present day dragons (which are also probably prehistoric creatures).

When there are stories coming from all over the world about these strange beings from a variety of people, especially ancient tribes who have not been contaminated by modern-day man and all his BS, there must be truth in the sightings. I didn't realise there had been reports from New Zealand as well. We have a mythological creature called a Taniwha which may not be so mythological after all, as a big public highway was stopped being constructed because it was going to encroach on the Taniwha's home territory. The course of the highway was actually re-routed to bypass the Taniwha's home.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

www.stuff.co.nz...

tvnz.co.nz...

I realise your experiences were actual sightings of the creature.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It seems like most of these giant bird (or reptile) sightings were from the 1970's. I think that if they did exist they are probably extinct now. With so much habitat destruction in the last 40 years, and so many more people around to see things if they still exist, it seems very likely to me that they died out.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think that for most people they really do have to see something to believe. Some years ago I was oblivious to some of the things that exist in this world but that are not acknowledged by the majority. I still had internal doubts about the existence of sasquatch until I saw one with my own eyes, so who am I to tell someone that what they experienced did not happen...However, in your case I will say that since you did not have visual confirmation, there is room for reasonable doubt. If what you describe is accurate, then it is very likely you were dealing with a large flying creature of some sort, although its identity may not necessarily be what you have concluded.

As far as cryptids are concerned, I believe that there are still a handful of animals out there that we have not scientifically recognized that really blow the mind. I'm sure there are many more species of animals however that are relatively mundane as well. Most people do not realize the area of unexplored and uninhabited terrain we are dealing with on this planet, or that for undiscovered creatures to exist is not really a big stretch. There is certain evidence to suggest such things exist, and if this is the case, then some of these creatures have existed right under our noses for who knows how long...That is truly remarkable when you think about it. For a bird of some type, even a large bird, this is entirely plausible imo.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Whoa whoa, hold on.

So you never actually looked to see this creature?
But assumed it sounded like a dinosaur , even though no living human knows what a dinosaur actually sounds like?

And then made a thread with the headline "Visited by a Pteranodon".

I know you know this is frivolous. Don't do it again.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I knew of a man that used to peel himself because he thought he was an orange.

Any idea where he lived?

Juts a guess??

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord
reply to post by sled735

Here are some fossilized footprints of pterosaurs:

From your description I don't think they are a match, but at least you have something to compare it too.

The best I can remember, the middle part of the footprint I saw wasn't that wide, and there was a shorter claw-like print in the back... much like a chicken print:

Although, this chicken print isn't an exact match of the print I saw either.

The New Jersey Devil has the hoofs (like I heard), and the claw-like foot on the upper legs. I can't find a picture that shows if the NJ Devil has an appendage in the back of the upper foot.
So... I don't know what it was.

Thanks for the pictures.

edit on 4/12/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Also OP, I wonder if you have any pics of the house. If not, maybe you can tell me what kind of roof was on the house at thee time? There's wood, then asphalt composition and then tile or in some states slate ?
edit on 11-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Well, I don't want to reveal my childhood home on this public forum;it doesn't belong to my parents any longer.
The people who live there now may not like it if a bunch of people come snooping around looking for prehistoric creatures.

I can, however, show you a pic made a few years ago of the area where my house was located. A lot of the trees have been cleared away now that used to be there during my childhood.

[picture removed]

I can tell you the house had shingles on it. I don't know what they were made of, but I'm guessing the asphalt composition you mentioned.
The house I grew up in is hidden behind a tree; you can't see it in the picture, but that is the area where it is.

edit on Sun Apr 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948
reply to post by sled735

Awesome thread, thank you for sharing your experiences and the additional reports from various sources you have posted. I believe you, and I believe there are a great many creatures which are still unknown to us which have survived from millenia ago such as Sasquatch/ Yeti etc and Loch Ness creature which I believe are surviving creatures from previous times. Also the reports of Mothmen sightings has always fascinated me and present day dragons (which are also probably prehistoric creatures).

Thank you.

You mentioned the Sasquatch. I'm pretty sure we had one of those too. Something 8 or 9 feet tall walked past the bathroom window at dusk one night. My oldest sister saw it. I'm guessing she was 14-15 years old at the time. You talk about being freaked out... She was freaked out!

I have a friend who says he saw a dragon. Fascinating story!!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
It seems like most of these giant bird (or reptile) sightings were from the 1970's. I think that if they did exist they are probably extinct now. With so much habitat destruction in the last 40 years, and so many more people around to see things if they still exist, it seems very likely to me that they died out.

Not too long ago my cousin went up on the mountain ( see the pic above ) to a campground with some friends. He said they all heard something like they couldn't describe screaming in the woods... so they got the heck out of there!
The way he described the screams sounded like what I heard. If you look at that picture I posted of the area, you will see how dense the forest is. They might still be there.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

I think that for most people they really do have to see something to believe. Some years ago I was oblivious to some of the things that exist in this world but that are not acknowledged by the majority. I still had internal doubts about the existence of sasquatch until I saw one with my own eyes, so who am I to tell someone that what they experienced did not happen...However, in your case I will say that since you did not have visual confirmation, there is room for reasonable doubt. If what you describe is accurate, then it is very likely you were dealing with a large flying creature of some sort, although its identity may not necessarily be what you have concluded.

You are exactly right; I can't argue with that. All I can do is read the accounts of others who have seen this thing, and compare it to what I experienced. Maybe it wasn't a pteranodon... maybe it was.

Most people do not realize the area of unexplored and uninhabited terrain we are dealing with on this planet, or that for undiscovered creatures to exist is not really a big stretch. There is certain evidence to suggest such things exist, and if this is the case, then some of these creatures have existed right under our noses for who knows how long...That is truly remarkable when you think about it. For a bird of some type, even a large bird, this is entirely plausible imo.

Lots of unexplored terrain where I grew up. Did you see the pic I posted of where I lived?

Thanks for your feedback.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I once saw a very, very large something in the sky. I was around 12 years old I believe. If not a bit younger. I was waiting outside for my mother to get home, as my step-father was being, well him.

Anyhow, I was laying on the deck staring up at the clouds when I saw this "bird" flying at cloud level, because it was actually disappearing in and out of the clouds as it moved across my field of view. It was HUGE. I could distinctly see it's flap of wings, though - so I knew it was alive and not an aircraft or balloon or anything.

When my mother got home I told her I saw an angel. I really thought it was an angel, as it's body was very long. Anyhow, she said it was likely an albatross. It likely was. Have you seen those birds? They are huge. I can see people mistaking these birds high up in the sky, for being something else.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
One day while my buddy and I were driving to Western Michigan I was looking out the window and I saw something very similar...Although I was only able to see it for a few seconds before it was lost in the trees. In my opinion what I saw was a little bigger than what you saw.. Maybe 30 ft wing span. That was one of the scariest experiences of my life.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was born in those East Tennessee mountains. I can remember some mighty strange things happening when I was young.

Whether or not it was a Pteranodon, I have no way of knowing. That being said, I have no doubt you've encountered one of those "special" animals that make our ET mountains home

J
edit on 4/12/2013 by LadyJae because: can't spell today

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

An albatross is a sea/ocean bird. I don't think that's what was in my neck of the woods.
(Of course, anything is possible! ).

Thanks for your feedback.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae
I was born in those East Tennessee mountains. I can remember some mighty strange things happening when I was young.

Whether or not it was a Pteranodon, I have no way of knowing. That being said, I have no doubt you've encountered one of those "special" animals that make our ET mountains home

I hear what you're sayin'.
I agree.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Whoa whoa, hold on.

So you never actually looked to see this creature?
But assumed it sounded like a dinosaur , even though no living human knows what a dinosaur actually sounds like?

And then made a thread with the headline "Visited by a Pteranodon".

I know you know this is frivolous. Don't do it again.

The section of the book from my source is entitled: Wings In The Night.
Then I chose to post some stories from that section from people who have been visited by this creature.
Thus, my thread title.

In "My Story", I was asking if I was visited by a pteranodon? I said "I think so", based on similarities from the stories I posted . I didn't say I definitely was.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Holy crap ! I look at that pic and it screams crypto habitat at me. Excellent and I understand the respect you have.
You had a great childhood I imagine. Beautiful place God given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join