It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ga. firefighters taken hostage; SWAT on scene

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
You have no right dictating to other nations anything about peace and democracy when you cant even get your own house in order.

Don't you know our politicians know what's best for you and me?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

reply to post by Agit8dChop

As an American...

I agree with you.

I'll state my believe again: American society is so screwed up socially, culturally, and economically, and so fraught with a constant barrage of contradictions each and every day in life, media, etc, few people know where to turn, and that overwhelms the mind on a daily basis and essentially short circuits it.

That's my theory.

edit on 10-4-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

what the hell is wrong with you Americans.. I mean Jesus age Mary and Christ, is it something in the water? something on TV? where does this psychopath mentality come from? the rest of the world should immediately order all airports and seaports to deny entry to American travelers incase this disease spreads.

You have no right dictating to other nations anything about peace and democracy when you cant even get your own house in order.

The problem is guns. Guns are a poison which make the wielder feel invincible. This man would not have done what he had done without a gun. he wouldn't be dead right now had he not brandished a gun. Guns make the wielder feel invincible. It's good to see cases end like this one where the pathetic gun nut met his grisly end without killing anyone else.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
DaTroof, you're right. Instead, he'd go on a stabbing spree at his local college campus.
edit on 10-4-2013 by danneu89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Sorry dude or dudette, guns are not the poison as you coldly wished someone dead for who knows what issues they had, but of late its getting apparent big pharma has a role in these episodes as well as big government ignorance of what effect it has on people.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The problem is guns. Guns are a poison which make the wielder feel invincible.

Oh, I don't know. I could make quite a statement with a few pints of petrol and a bit of electric fuzing.

ex:

911 caller: OMG send a lot of cops my wife has been murdered by drugged up teens!
cops: knock knock let us in
me across street: *press*
pint of gas above cops: BANG
cops: AIEEEE AIIEEEE kill me kill me now AIIEEEE (die)

It's easy to make IEDs. Really easy. It's easy to set traps. It's easy to maim people at a distance using things I can buy off the net, but which I won't go into here. It's easy to use common household goods to poison loads of kiddies at a school with only a bit of prep work. So far, nutcakes use sidearms because they're low hanging fruit. But the biggest school killing in US history wasn't with a firearm.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
DaTroof, you're right. Instead, he'd go on a stabbing spree at his local college campus.
edit on 10-4-2013 by danneu89 because: (no reason given)

So what you're saying then, is you agree that it appears Americans are overly violent people, who seem to prefer guns to engage their mindless killing with, but will resort to a knife if a gun is not available?

Do you ever wonder why you see funny pictures of an old lady pointing a whopping big gun at someone, humorously, with some hilarious caption under it, instead of a knife? Or knitting needle?

Do you ever wonder why you have cartoon characters from all eras who portray a typical stylised American as a gun toting maniac, Yosemite Sam, or the guy from the Simpsons?

"Women will like when I tell them they like." after shooting marge in the face with a makeup gun.

Ever wonder why so much is tied up with the image of guns and the US?

And not knives?

Ever wonder why in the movies you'll see the good guy pull a gun on the bad guys and 15 bad guys will pull a gun on the good guys? And not knives?

Ever wonder why ATS has a policy that disallows a gun in an avatar if it is pointing at the viewer? And not a knife?

I think, you know, from the vehement anger it seems to elicit whenever it's mentioned, that.. you know, you guys.. are a little obsessed.

I'll leave the reason why with you guys, no doubt there will be some side splitting entertainment as you rally behind each other to take shots - pun intended - at anyone who can see that there is a bleedingly obviously gun problem in the US...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
OMGERD now obama is after the firefighters
edit on 10-4-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

what the hell is wrong with you Americans.. I mean Jesus age Mary and Christ, is it something in the water? something on TV? where does this psychopath mentality come from? the rest of the world should immediately order all airports and seaports to deny entry to American travelers incase this disease spreads.

The problem is guns. Guns are a poison which make the wielder feel invincible. This man would not have done what he had done without a gun. he wouldn't be dead right now had he not brandished a gun. Guns make the wielder feel invincible. It's good to see cases end like this one where the pathetic gun nut met his grisly end without killing anyone else.

By that same anti-gun token, he might not be dead...wait for it...had the cops not had guns either. Guns make cops feel superior, too. They are poison and make cops feel invincible and courageous to use their authority and guns as they see fit. See the logic there?

Point Fail.

That said, I wasn't aware that this "nut" had killed anyone to begin with, so how can he kill anyone *else*?

Post fail.

BTW, people have been shot by police for brandishing far less than a gun (cell phone, pack of cigarettes, etc).

Fail.

Guns are not the problem.

People are the problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I hate to break to anyone who says its the guns, it's the crazies, or whatever. I was a firefighter for years, the most dangerous calls I had ever run into..were MEDICAL calls, where it was DIABETIC EMERGENCIES (ie patient with low blood sugar with altered mental status), overdose, etc. that posed the most risk to my, and my fellow firemen and women on scene. I can tell you this, there are many different things that cause humans to flip and act in a violent, combative, psychotic, etc manner. It's not just in the U.S. either. People can become loopy all over the world. Humans have problems, we always will, blame it on whatever you want, take the guns-they'll use other things-blame it on society, but where there are people, there will always be violence, and mental illness. Welcome to Earth. Anyway, I am so happy to hear the Firefighters involved were relatively unharmed. People just don't understand the danger first responders face each day, and the risk involved. Many of them do it for free with little to no thanks most of the time. It's a dangerous world out there, and you never know what's really going on behind that 911 call till you roll up on scene and are stuck in the middle. Glad to hear this one turned out ok....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join