It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and tv license official fail to execute warrent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The police man comes to the door with the tv licencing authorities warrent. "hello, we are here with colleagues from tv licensing with a warrent"..... watch how he is put back in his place as peace keeper. He is not there to execute a warrent, he is there to prevent a breach of the peace.

power to the people!

Wifi.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think this has been posted before. To anyone outside of the UK the first reaction is "wtf is a TV license?!"

And to the rest of us who saw the original thread, "this is old news."

Unless this is a different video. In which I say, "wtf is with TV licenses."

Slap your government please, UK.
edit on 10-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would love it if all the people in the UK just moved some where else and let the govt. rot. I'm sure they will try a computer tax soon when they find out people are watching TV online. I can not for the life of me understand how the people could let a TV tax happen and continue to happen, whats to stop them from taxing everything three times over?

I would have liked to see those people say they are moving to Canada in a week (I'm Canadian). Then the UK govt.would get no tax money from them at all!

Knife tax lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I've posted this vid in a reply to a thread before, but just came across it again and thought it was worthy of its own thread, I did to a search with the ats search function but nothing came up.

I think our government need more than just a slap!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

We have a saying that was coined...rip off Britain, and the government likes to live up to that name.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Good to see someone standing up for themselves. People have been bullied into paying TV license for too long but they are scared of the official visits and the nasty letters. Our household has not had a tv for the last 10 years as it broke and we saw no reason to replace it. We have threatening letters nearly every week saying we should have a TV license and inspectors will be sent round. I would not be letting them in so they could look at computers / personal possessions ect and try and make out we need a license.

Since it is totally legal to watch catch up TV online, people should do that instead. Apparently the BBC are quite concerned about people doing this.

BBC silence over licence loophole: Corporation refuses to say how many households do not need one because they catch-up online

More than a million households do not pay the £145.50 annual fee
Corporation fears it could lose out if the figure was known to the public
Many people legally watch TV through catch-up services such as iPlayer

The BBC yesterday refused to reveal how many households are dodging the licence fee by watching television programmes on the internet.

It is thought many of the one million homes which do not pay the charge watch programmes legally on internet catch-up services, such as the BBC iPlayer, which do not need a licence to use.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can understand maybe paying a license back in the 50s / 60s when the BBC was the only choice but many people don't want to fund BBC propaganda these days let alone watch it. The world has changed and the BBC should change the way it's funded too.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What more needs to be said?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Another reason not to pay, funding kiddy fiddling and subsequent coverups!

I wasn't going to bring it up here becase I seem to end up talking about Savile on every thread I go on

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Your post just scared the bejeezees out of me as that monster popped up on my screen.

Reminded me of....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
wtf, you have to have a license to watch TV in the uk.
and i thought the U.S. was ____up!

please don't let our guberment find out about this.

is the license all you have to have. here if you want you can watch just broadcast TV, and we have to pay for cable or satellite. is it the same over there.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Even maggie the milk snatcher was his best pal and had 11 christmass dinners with him.
The child rapist was a big star thanks to the BBC british buggering corperation. He could not have comitted these crimes over 50 yrs without the BBC covering up for him. Not only the BBC but also the POLICE covered up for him.
Dont even let these creeps into your home. They have no right to enter. That was a good vidio as it showed that even accompanied by the police. Its not LAWFUL. Legal and Lawful are 2 different things.
edit on 10-4-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Yes, We also have to pay for cable and satalite if we want extra tv.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Checquers was ever so handy for Jimmy being a few miles away from his suite at Stoke mandeville hospital apparently . There isn't a bottle of 'mind bleach' strong enough to erase the thoughts of what those two might have got up to at Christmas

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It would be so much better, if they formulated half decent comments. half of what they say doesnt make any sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A TV license... that's outrageous. Do you also need a license for the air you breathe, as well?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The whole time I was sitting there waiting for them to shut the door in his face....

haha......and he finally did.

THIS- is why you have to know your rights people. To protect yourself from being violated by those who wish to have power over you due to your own ignorance.

Good for these two guys

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Lets clarify some things.

TV Licence is not uniquely a British thing.

Countries requiring a TV Licence:

Albania
Austria
Region)
Herzegovina
Croatia
Republic
Denmark
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Macedonia
Montenegro
Norway
Poland
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Serbia
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
Asia
Israel
Japan
Pakistan
Africa
Ghana
Mauritius
Namibia
Africa

Source: Wikipedia

Secondly, theres a lot of misunderstanding what a TV Licence in the UK is for, and why its required even to watch non-BBC channels.

The licence provides funding to the BBC for programming and infrastructure. Said infrastructure, aka, transmission masts, are used by all channels, not just the BBC. A lot of masts in the UK are owned and managed by Cable & Wireless (not all), but all are leased by the BBC, who pays for their maintainence, and grants other channels the use of them. Your TV licence, in part, goes to pay that maintainence.

Finally, you do not need a licence to own a TV. You could have 1001 TV's and the BBC still couldn't make you obtain a licence. You do, however, need a licence if you watch or record so much as 1 second of broadcast television in your property, as it is being broadcast.

You do not need a licence to watch catch-up-tv over the internet. Even if you stream said show to a TV.

XL5

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
BMorris, if all those places make you pay a license tax (it is a tax after all), then do they also not show commercials? If so, its greed or some one is being a money sink and of some how redundent. It would be like having a "body license" where health care is free (taxed already). We watch the commerials and that pays for the shows, we pay a cable bill and that pays for the service. TV license is like a tax double dip.

If commercials are uneffective and don't pay for all of it like they did a while back, they sould just get rid of them.

new topics

top topics

join