It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Predicted, James Holmes Was Taking Violence-Linked Antidepressant Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by akushla99

I believe that was the point of my post, not to take a stand in support of or stand against

Understood

A99

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Yes it must be psychotropic drugs that are causing these people to kill. Andrew Kehoe must have been taking larges doses of Prozac when he committed the worst mass shooting in US history despite the fact that it was decades before SSRIs were used let alone decades before medication was a common treatment for psychological disorders. You can keep blaming drugs, or video games, or metal music, or any other scapegoat all you want but it doesn't change the fact that these people were emotionally distressed to begin with. If these drugs were never invented there would still be people out there shooting up their schools and workplaces. If anything these drugs have helped prevent others from performing such acts.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not really surprised to hear he was on psychotropic meds
I wish they would focus on the dangers of these drugs instead of carrying on and on about the guns.

Its high time these drugs were exposed for what they really are. What they do. The deaths caused.

All should watch this video

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Can you please watch the video I posted above and tell me you still think they were like that to begin with?
Thanks
edit on 6-4-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This man's mind was warped way before he got close to psychiatric medication. When he was in California as a teenager he wasn't some innocent -- he was a narcissistic psychotic genius skipping grades, doing drugs, hanging out with bad influence friends, cyberstalking and calling in bomb threats on his victims for entertainment. He wasn't a nice guy and them took a pill and it made him mail-order bullets and wire up his apartment and put on body armor at a movie theater. Those explosives took some skills to make; he was a terrorist in training. The delusions of violence without consequence were there before the pills.

If he wasn't taking the drugs before he got arrested and incarcerated, he's full of them now.

Maybe you don't understand that sometimes when a psycho starts to unravel with violence, he runs to the psych doctor first and grabs a diagnosis, that way if he gets caught in his crime he could get the insanity defense.

That blanket argument that all psych meds create psychos won't work with this one. Any other crazyman, maybe I'd believe it, but not this one.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

They DO cause some who have depression to loose it, it happened to me. These are too dangerous FOR ANYONE if there is a chance the might be IN ANY WAY violent then they shouldn't touch SSRIs.They sure as HELL shouldn't give them to vets.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

And what is your natural cure?

You can't guess? He's not allowed to talk about it, and it does work.

Other natural things that are helpful, are to have adequate amounts in your body, of omega 3 oils, vitamins B, C, and especially D.
I've also heard tryptophan but that might depend on the person.
And plenty of exersize.

Years ago, no one had time to be depressed. Now doctors want to give out pills for everything. Someone dies - take a pill to get over it

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've been studying these antidepressants for a while and mostly understand how they work in the body. I can't quite figure out how they make people commit suicide or go on violent rampages. The drugs I took for my epilepsy made me want to go take a walk in the woods with a gun, but I didn't because I had a reason not to, my family. If I didn't have a need for being here, I would be gone.

I know many people who died from different pharmacutical drugs even though it was not listed as the official cause of death by the same industry that gave them the meds. Side effects that cause people to do this kind of stuff is not even a liability to the company since no testing submitted showed this was a problem, testing that was never done.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Noticed this several times throughout this thread.

There's no doubt Mr. Holmes suffered from serious mental health issues

This is how disinfo is planted!

Unless we had access to Holmes before the event we can only know what we are told, and those who tell us are?
The msm!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have little doubt lanza was taking one of those.

tragic

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
All right, my assessment is that his actions and confusion are probably linked to taking Zoloft without proper care from a psychiatrist. Having been on anti-depressants for a long time, and watching his courtroom video, I could easily tell this is what was going on. It happens to me if my dose is too high, or if I accidentally take too much / switch to a higher dose too fast.

Anyway, check out this article from Wikipedia on Seratonin Syndrome.

The syndrome has a characteristic picture but can be mistaken for other illnesses in some people, particularly those with neuroleptic malignant syndrome.

Wikipedia: Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome

NMS typically consists of muscle rigidity, fever, autonomic instability,[1] and cognitive changes such as delirium

Symptoms overview:
Increased body temperature >38°C (>100.4°F),
or Confused or altered consciousness
Diaphoresis "sweat shock"
Rigid muscles
Autonomic imbalance

Also, check out the Wikipedia entry on Delirium.

Delirium, or acute confusional state, is a syndrome that presents as severe confusion and disorientation, developing with relatively rapid onset and fluctuating in intensity. It is a syndrome which occurs more frequently in people in their later years. Delirium represents an organically caused decline from a previously-attained baseline level of cognitive function. It is typified by fluctuating course, attentional deficits and generalized severe disorganization of behavior. It typically involves other cognitive deficits, changes in arousal (hyperactive, hypoactive, or mixed), perceptual deficits, altered sleep-wake cycle, and psychotic features such as hallucinations and delusions.

In addition, Clonazepam (a benzodiazepine), the second medicine found, is the one that is used in the event of serotonin syndrome to calm the nerves.

Treatment consists of discontinuing medications which may contribute and in moderate to severe cases administering a serotonin antagonist. An important adjunct treatment includes controlling agitation with benzodiazepine sedation.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's like this you are depressed because of events that have happened or are happening.These drugs "Spock" you out and that is comfortable.However if the dosage is not maintained or your brain chemistry changes you get it all back,it feels like a lot harder since you have been aritificially suppressing it.Toss in other factors such as a loss of a career or disconnection from others by digitally escape and these are evidently what happened with two shooters.
The bottom line is you have to deal with the factors that are causing the depression in the first place and face the pain in order to survive it.If you can't most suicide.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A decent diet, food supplements, vitamins, exercise and sleep has a more positive effect on chronic depression than any damned pill the VA has sent me home with for it in the last 33 years... I still have to take an occasional Ativan to deal with intrusive thoughts and stressful situations and morphine with an anti-inflamation pill for chronic pain but not as often as I would if I I would If taking all of the stuff I was once taking..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shhhhhh
I got a silly question? Has anyone EVER seen this "James Holmes" character? Do you know, for certain, that he's in custody, locked up? How do you know, for sure, that this isn't some kind of "stage show"? It's hard to believe anything these days. #jus sayin

no, no one has. except one lady who claimed she was in a cell next to him which turned out to be some actress getting paid to say it.

suspicion levels at an all time high on this

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

We know because a healthy mind does not go out and kill people. The truth is I haven't been following this case so I don't know what the MSM is saying about him. What I do know is that we have a person who shot up a movie theater. I also know that prior to doing this Holmes thought he had great enough psychological issues to see a doctor about treating them. The fact that Holmes thought he needed to receive psychiatric help is clearly indicative that he was not mentally stable.

I've asked it a few times in this thread but I'll ask it again. These types of mass killings have occurred long before the development of SSRIs. What was the cause for them if drugs are the cause of all modern mass killings?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Not all antidepressants are for everyone. I've tried zoloft and prozac which turned me into a zombie, yes. Wellbutrin gave me a clear, motivated outlook on life. It was great. A year of steady motivation, way less irritability and newfound joy of living. Too bad the high blood pressure side effect was a bit too much. As a martial artist, having my cardio affected in such a way was a deal breaker.

Evidently, antidepressants DO work. No need to demonize them as the meds can be a life saver for people on their last rope. On the other hand, the wrong compounds can make you lose grasp of that rope altogether instead of helping you climb it. You see, the hard part in all this is enduring the mental rollercoaster ride while trying different medications. This is where people that go off the deep end are abandoned to their sad fates.

Antidepressants should be administered with VERY CLOSE SUPERVISION by doctors and family members; not dispensed like candy for PROFITable kickback$ from big pharma. Any changes for the worse should be noted and the medicine switched to a different one. Some people react better to serotonin reuptake inhibitors, some to dopamine reuptake inhibitors. Some may need lithium, etc. We are all wired differently.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join