It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw a Ghost Today in Wal-Mart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I did.

I was shopping in the grocery section, not really paying attention to the people around me. Then someone said my name.

My name is by no means unusual, but something about the voice pulled at me. Still, it wasn't until I heard my name a second time that I finally glanced up.

There, in the aisle with me, was my Granny. She died two years ago, but that was her. Same smile, same tilt of the head, same posture....it was her.

She smiled at me. I would know that smile anywhere.

I took a step towards her, blinked, and she was gone.

Just like that. And the aisle was empty.

Perhaps it was a figment of my imagination. A bit of undercooked potato, as Scrooge once said. Or simply wishful thinking about past Easters spent with my Granny. I don't know.

But today, I saw a ghost in Wal-Mart. And it made me smile.

Happy Easter, my friends.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

What a Blessing for you Smylee. I believe you with everything in my being.

Short story. I took care of my Dear Sweet Aunt, more of a Mother to me, actually, the last 3 years of her life. After she passed, in her home where I lived with her, and Hospice taking care too, for the last 6 months of her life. I was all alone, and missing her so much, I couldn't stop crying, one night.

Then, coming from down the empty hallway, in the middle of the night, I heard her calling my name. I was all alone in her home. She called me several times. I got up from the sofa where I was wallowing in self pity for my loss...and walked towards the hallway. I saw her standing there, in the light coming from the hallway bathroom. Clear as day, solid as you or me today. She smiled at me, and said, stop that silly crying...I'm still here with you.

Then poof, she was gone...

You've been Blessed with a wonderful visit...that's the only way I can say it......

Des

edit on 30-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I envy those of you who have had those experiences. In my 38 years on this Earth, I've lost many very special people in my life, but unfortunately I've never seen a ghost. Just seems like of all people, I would have seen one by now. Same goes for UFO's.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It may have been one of the greeters. They tend to be old, and they come and go a lot (high turnover).

OK, sorry to be mean. I want to believe you. I have also possibly been visited by a ghost before, so I hate to be a hypocrite.

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
[redacted] Never doubt what you see with your eyes and feel with your heart.

edit on 30-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I had a similar visit from my brother after he passed. He was 29 & it's been 19 years. He was in the hospital in Albuquerque, NM, I was sitting in the airport in St Louis waiting to fly out, my mother had called in the middle of the night telling me to get out there asap as they knew he wouldn't make it through the night. While waiting at the ticket counter I was paged to pick up a house phone. It was my mother telling me that he had passed. Several months later he came to me in a dream. I was walking through the proverbial "white tunnel", someone was walking with me & all I could see was their "Jesus" sandals but at the end of the tunnel was my brother. I burst into tears, hugged him & said, "I love you bubbie", he said, "I love you baby sister" & I woke up, in tears. I swear it was as real as my youngest son, my brothers namesake, is right now in the next room. My brother always called me "baby sister" & I've only ever told one person about this. The weird thing is that, at the time, I was working in a battered womens shelter & about a month after the "dream" my mother brought me stack of magazines to take to the ladies in the shelter, in bold print on the cover of one of the magazines was the name of one of the articles inside, "When deceased relatives visit us in dreams". I want to say it was a copy of Women's Day or something along those lines.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

The Force runs strong in your family..or so I hear from your aunt
Never doubt what you see with your eyes and feel with your heart.

Did she tell you she was my aunt? She was supposed to keep it a secret....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
keep it a secret....

Well, she didn't tell me I was supposed to keep it a secret!
She's my best ATS pal. She tells me all the secrets
I will edit the post (just make sure you edit yours too to keep the secret safe!)
edit on 30-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by smyleegrl
keep it a secret....

Well, she didn't tell me I was supposed to keep it a secret!
I will edit the post.

LOL! I was just kidding.

I love my auntie, if she wants to claim me as a relative, then that's fine by me. No worries!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Good for you! Personally, ghosties don't talk to me. Not one of my things, or I'm not one of their things. My mom saw some solid ghosts which had information she should not have known, so that checked out. And a sister has had several accurate and approrpriate to the situation visits. Then lots of people I know/knew in the psychic and awareness community had these visions every once in awhile. (and to think I was coming to this thread to post a "Was the ghost Chinese?" wal-mart joke).

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm so happy for you, Smyleegrl!

Two wishes came true that day. One: to have a paranormal experience seeing a "ghost", and two: to see your Granny again.

What an awesome blessing you received! Carry that with you now, and know that she is with you always...

smiling at you, watching over you, sending you all her love.

edit on 4/1/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

new topics

top topics

join