It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post the video(s) of the songs that you feel personify your life-past and present.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Heyyy that's Alison Moyet,i think that was her name? Imposing lady,i liked her-and Annie Lennox is just remarkable-but one of The best female voices on the planet-has to be Siobhan Fahey of Shakespeare's Sister..you know,i honestly and truly think this specific song and this specific video saved my life,and certainly my health,on more than one occasion,when i was close to going overboard with the lifestyle i had-but enough said

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

And this.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is the song that was playing when my mother and i received the news of my father's passing on,earlier that day.I was with the rest of my school at an inter-high athletics meet that day,and although it was an ok day,and my friend tried to cheer me up-i just had this really horrible feeling all day-that something was terribly wrong.Well,something was,as it turned out.I'm just glad he was not alone when he passed on-he was on the farm he managed,the place he loved best in all the world,and he was with one of his dearest +best longtime friends,a farm labourer named Michael.Michael held him whole he passed from this world.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

This song was very much a part of my later childhood and teenage years.The 2 neighbour girls had a huge crush on the lead singer of a band that were playing for many years at a nightclub in the town i grew up-and they performed the cover version of this song every night.Later when i was older,i went to the same nightclub-and he was still doing his (very good) cover of this song

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Great song, classic. You gotta love their snazzy outfits. Haha

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This instantly takes me back to the days when i met my beloved hubby 17 years ago-it was all over-you could not turn on the radio without hearing it-our son loves it,more so since i told him it came out during the time i met his dad

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

But lets forgive my son for his love of Cottoneyed Joe-he really has good taste in music for a 6year old-here's some of his other faves

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

My son and i love jiving to this-a huge fave of us both!

Also this reminds me of my days living in Hillbrow,a part of Johannesburg city-i had some of the best days of my life there-unforgettable.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This is the song that always make me think of my oldest daughter,who's left the household by now,she lives with her fiance,luckily very close by.This movie freaked her OUT
and it also reminds me of all the fun times we spent watching late-night movies through the years.We have a personality clash,and our relationship has often been strained,so i appreciate the good memories we do have.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Here is my current feelings about everything.. It doesn't exactly give an answer, but it is Everything.. Makes me feel good that others know the feeling.

This might be my favorite song of all time.. It's about my whole life.. Forever.

"I'm here for you"
~Eydea

The lyrics to that song are in the youtube description..

edit on 4/1/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Ahhh Dustytoad,that was not just a reply to my thread-that was a gift.Thank you so very much! I may never have found this,if you did'nt post it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I've always loved this-when i was a kid,i used to imagine being older,and driving in an open sportscar along a road flanked by high palm trees,and a beautiful moonlit bay below the high road i was driving on-i had a vivid imagination

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

And this too.I find this song so beautiful,and pirate-ish+sexy+smooth,like honey dripping on rum

I first heard this when i was pregnant with my oldest daughter-it always make me think of being on the ocean on one of those old ships,feeling the wind+sun on my face,living a life of total freedom and independence-and lots of seafood

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Say,could any American member be so kind as to post another song from The Blessing called "DELTA RAIN" for me?It is SO special to me,i often get tears in my eyes when i hear it-but for some reason YT says the converter is not available for my country,to display the vid.I have felt,since i was a young child,a tremendous draw to New Orleans,and the bayous,since i first read of it in the adult library.(My mother was a sport+took out books for me on her cards) New Orleans and v/hoodoo-has fascinated me since i was a child-i often wonder if i did'nt have a previous life as a voodoo/hoodoo priestess in NO or the bayou's.(I'm a firm believer in reincarnation) Thats why i was completely heartbroken after Katrina,i felt a trememdous sense of sadness and loss-i wager more than many Americans even-it felt like a blow to my heart,personal pain-and the song Delta Rain grabs and tugs at my heart and soul-i can't describe it.Pleeeeeeeze???

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

For you:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a huge big hug from me to you,you're a star!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Oh noes,Still not available to watch from my country-i did find this version-but without Rebecca Price's beeee-autiful voice-i'm going to try and message William Topley and see if he can upload a version of the vid you posted-that South Africans can see too!
BUT your kindness i will remember littled16-again thank you very much indeed

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm sorry that you're still unable to watch it Raxoxane. I will never understand why in some countries we can't watch particular videos from other countries, especially ones that aren't political in nature. Maybe it has to do with copyright issues or something is all I can think of. At least you found another version!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by hhcore

The link says video does,nt exist? Or is that how you feel right now? i hope not,but if you do,i've certainly been there
also.

Whoops, heh. Some days I do feel blank, but no - This should work;

Gotta find a way to get home strong

Gotta find a way back home.

Gotta find the light to guide me along

Running for your life won't get you so far

Running for your life so far

Gotta find the road to bring me home slow

Gotta find a road that brings me back slow

Gotta find a way back home