It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soon, it'll be a hate crime NOT to advocate gay marriage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have nothing against gays. First and foremost.

BUT! I have no fondness of the lifestyle. I suppose I'm just oldschool. I don't believe its natural. There's something about it that I don't like.

But, I am not for hate crimes, gay bashing, etc. I am entirely neutral.

I don't "agree" with the lifestyle, but I also don't go out of my way to oppose it.

I don't treat gay people any differently than others.

Obama just said--on the news, he said this, just a moment ago--that he believes that anything against gays and their right to marriage is against our constitution, which states that we are all equal.

What?

Our Bible-thumping ancestors were establishing our country in the hopes that gay marriage would be legalized?

Nah.

I don't buy that.

Yes, we are all equal. That's not to say that our ancestors, who believed us all to be equal, advocated gay marriage. There's no connection between those two beliefs! What the---

Geez, I've had people ask me for my opinions on gay marriage. This is EXACTLY what I say to them;

"Well... I don't agree with it. I don't see what the attraction is between same sex stuff. But, I really don't care what they do. Its their life."

I've had some people nod, take my opinion, and that's all.

Then, I have OTHER people who flip out on me.

"Why do you have a problem with gay marriage?! Do you have any idea how ignorant that is?! Who's to say its not natural! People are just born that way, they can't help it!"

JESUS!

Don't ask for my opinion if it offends you so much!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No one asked you on here for your opinion but you decided just to post it anyway...
If it doesn't bother you so much why even make a thread? you keep saying you do not care but I think you do.
People who start with "I have nothing against (insert people here) " usually have a lot against them really.

Love is love and If two people want to be married let it be.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

If you are concerned about what other people are doing in there sexual lives perhaps you should get off the computer and discover one of your own. Who gives a crap if gays want to get married. Freedom for all.
edit on 24-3-2013 by GetLogic because: I apologize for the profanity

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
I have nothing against gays. First and foremost.

Feeling guilty there?

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Bible-thumping ancestors were establishing our country

The people who established our country were not Bible-thumpers. Not sure where you got that idea. Anyways, not sure where you're going with this. To me, you appear as an insecure person worried that two people of the same gender marrying is going to affect your way of life. Don't you have better priorities, and things to worry about?
edit on 24-3-2013 by Philosophile because: grammar

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The "bible thumping ancestors" also kept blacks as slaves, does that make that ok too just because they did it?

Either we're all equal or we aren't, you can't have it both ways. Also, if we stuck to our "bible thumping ancestors" they'd definitely be against you with your spiked collar and emo makeup. You would be married and producing children for your master/husband by now and would do as you were told (or be an old maid or burned for witch craft). Be careful what you advocate for, it may bite you much more than it does others.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Change is the law of the universe, if you aren't willing to do that you just stagnate and die while the rest of the world goes on without you. Equality for gays is an idea whose time has come. Every year gay marriage picks up more supporters so I don't think there will be any stopping it even if the SCOTUS doesn't allow it.

If gay marriage bothers you then I have a solution for you-Don't get gay married.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Having normal heterosexual desire will soon be classified as a hate crime. I can remember my Grandfather, and his friends having a conversation about homosexuality being decriminalised, and he made them all laugh when he said he thought it was okay as long as its not made compulsory.

edit on 24-3-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here is my opinion. Let politicians and religious zealots hash it out.

Live in peace with everyone as much as they respect your boundaries. If they stalk and harass you, then it's a legal issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Having normal heterosexual desire will soon be classified as a hate crime.

The way some women act sometimes you'd think it's already here...

goes for men as well I suppose from a female perspective.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Standby op for someone to trot out the boilerplate that you secretly harbour homosexual desires, that is how any challenges our usually silenced.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think a lot of (spiritual people) may be very surprised...(if they do make it to heaven) and find that many people who were gay in their former lives on earth...are there in heaven...as well as many others from other spiritual beliefs. Many may be shocked to find this out.

It is the condition of your spirit and soul...and how you have lived your life...that heaven looks at.

I am just saying.

As for 2 grown responsible loving adults getting married...I am all for it!

edit on 24-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
it's often a surprise to "bible thumpers", but they did not invent marriage, and really have no right to define what it is to other people.

and while it's an entirely different debate, homosexuality is hardly unnatural, it's as old as willies and bums

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You know, the problem I have with speaking your mind around the so-called progressive, tolerant, advocates of "human rights" immediately take to bullying naysayers when they attempt to express themselves. People do not need to throw a parade for someone's way of life. People do not need to get along all the time. People can be different. People can be wrong. Bullying someone who disagrees with you until they submit to your agenda is insanity. Right on, Angelus.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Having normal heterosexual desire will soon be classified as a hate crime.

The way some women act sometimes you'd think it's already here...

goes for men as well I suppose from a female perspective.

Agreed, but will it soon be enshrined in law?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Having normal heterosexual desire will soon be classified as a hate crime. I can remember my Grandfather, and his friends having a conversation about homosexuality being decriminalised, and he made them all laugh when he said he thought it was okay as long as its not made compulsory.

I agree, I dont really have a dog in the fight.

I dont consider being gay normal, as gays are by far the minority, and normal is defined by the majority.

So being gay is not normal.

It is however perfectly acceptable imho, who am I or anyone else to decide whom one can or cant or should or shouldnt love.

I dont really care either way, let dont let em, let but call it gay marriage instead of marriage, I dont see any difference.

If your god tells you it is wrong, than let him sort it out, lasr I checked, all three big religions have a god that says" vengeance is mine, it is I who shall repay".

Meaning if your objecting because of religion, your own god told you to stfu and let him handle it. Either follow your religious nutjob cult, or stop claiming it matters......bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I agree, I dont really have a dog in the fight.

I dont consider being gay normal, as gays are by far the minority, and normal is defined by the majority.

So being gay is not normal.

It is however perfectly acceptable imho, who am I or anyone else to decide whom one can or cant or should or shouldnt love.

I dont really care either way, let dont let em, let but call it gay marriage instead of marriage, I dont see any difference.

If your god tells you it is wrong, than let him sort it out, lasr I checked, all three big religions have a god that says" vengeance is mine, it is I who shall repay".

Meaning if your objecting because of religion, your own god told you to stfu and let him handle it. Either follow your religious nutjob cult, or stop claiming it matters......bunch of hypocrites.

That is a first rate reply that does you a great deal of credit.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To everyone;

No one asked you on here for your opinion but you decided just to post it anyway...

Yeah. In a RANT forum. What else is a rant going to be based on but opinions?

If you are concerned about what other people are doing in there sexual lives perhaps you should get off the computer and discover one of your own. Who gives a crap if gays want to get married. Freedom for all.

I'm engaged.

Feeling guilty there?

For what?

I'm a little offended that people snap at me because I don't straight-up advocate gay marriage. I'm not offended by the marriage itself... I won't go out of my way to crash a gay wedding or anything.

The people who established our country were not Bible-thumpers. Not sure where you got that idea. Anyways, not sure where you're going with this. To me, you appear as an insecure person worried that two people of the same gender marrying is going to affect your way of life. Don't you have better priorities, and things to worry about?

The people who founded our country were, by majority, Christians. Where do you think we get conservatives? Conservatives believe in "conserving" the Bible-based values our country started out with.

The "bible thumping ancestors" also kept blacks as slaves, does that make that ok too just because they did it?

Never said it did.

I wasn't the one quoting our ancestors, Obama was.

I was simply pointing out that "We're all equal" and "Gays should be allowed to be married" were not the same views back then, nor are they now.

Also, if we stuck to our "bible thumping ancestors" they'd definitely be against you with your spiked collar and emo makeup

Once again... I am not advocating everything our ancestors said, did, or stood for. Obama said a very general, stupid statement about the constitution our ancestors wrote up. That's ALL I was pointing out.

If gay marriage bothers you then I have a solution for you-Don't get gay married.

Everyone is confusing my personal beliefs with the purpose of my rant.

I am not ranting against gay marriage in itself. I'm ranting against the ignorance surrounding it, and how my personal beliefs often offend the people around me who ASK me for my opinions. If I don't full-on promote it, then I am a gay basher. In fact, it seems as though there are some people here on ATS taking it too personally as well.

Here is my opinion. Let politicians and religious zealots hash it out. Live in peace with everyone as much as they respect your boundaries. If they stalk and harass you, then it's a legal issue.

Exactly my thoughts!

Standby op for someone to trot out the boilerplate that you secretly harbour homosexual desires, that is how any challenges our usually silenced.

As for 2 grown responsible loving adults getting married...I am all for it!

Fine with me, let them do what they will.

But, just because I won't go out of my way to travel to a pro-gay rally doesn't make me a gay basher. I wish some people wouldn't look at it that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join