It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This ammo shortage is getting ridiculous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So I go to an Academy sports store to buy me some Hornady Zombie Max Ammo and of course theyre out, so I asked what they had for a .40, they had two boxes of junk (monarch) brand ammo left.
I said okay, ill take both, no can do. I can only buy one box of each caliber a day

So, I come home and get online, to look for locations where I can buy just one box of this novelty zombie ammo and of course, everyone that carries it is out.
So, I just look around at sites where I can buy some bulk ammo and find a place that sells 1000 rounds for 300 bucks, not a bad deal at all but you guessed it, theyre out.
Expected date to restock, 12/15/13

Know whats funny though? The shelves at academy are FULL of shotgun ammo, probably bird shot mostly (I didnt check) I dont know if the same problem exists for buckshot and slugs.

Oh and one place here in my town that I called said that he ordered a shipment of Hornady ammo back in January that was supposed to have taken 2 weeks to deliver.
He called them the other day and was told that it would be 7 to 9 months before his order could be shipped.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why not make your own?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I use both .40 and 12 gauge, and I can tell you that shotgun ammo is plentiful.

I'm having a hell of a time finding good bulk .40 quality ammo, 9x18 makarov, and .22lr. The only place I can find .22lr is private sales, and it's like $60 for a brick of 500.

Prices are ridiculous, but they do seem to be slowly coming down. If you're just looking for practice ammo for your .40 check laxammo.com, they are once fired factory reloads but are a great price for range/target ammo.

Also check out www.ammoseek.com. I check daily and buy good deals even when I don't need it. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Im not really set up for re-loading, in fact, I have never done any reloading. I would probably end up accidentally blowing myself up

reply to post by TinkerHaus

Thanks for the links, I'll check em out

edit on 23-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
covered here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, well thank you Mr Mod but this is my own personal complaint. I guess I couldve put it in the "rant" section, maybe a real mod can do that for me

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The only thing I can find on shelves is shotgun ammo. There is still plenty of buckshot and slugs as well as bird shot. The only place I can find pistol or rifle ammo is online and the prices are absurd. A 500 round brick of .22LR that went for 29.99 six months ago is now over 100 dollars. Cheaperthandirt.com is very low in supply and even their prices are absurd. They need to seriously consider a name change if they keep their prices up.

This run on guns and ammo has successfully taken away the ability for the majority of us to recreationally shoot. I cannot afford to spend $1-$5 dollars per round just plinking on the range. And there is no way in hell I am going to shoot the ammo I have when I cannot replace it. Even those who load their own ammo are facing shortages and skyrocketing prices. Unless they have already stocked up then the shortage will hit them just as hard.

All around this just sucks if you are someone who enjoys to shoot recreationally.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Im considering buying a mossberg 500 tactical shotty and buying turkey shot loads and maybe a few 000 buck rounds for it

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Why not make your own?

Simple. Because reloading supplies, especially primers are just as scarce.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

hmmm...didn't know that so I guess it wasn't that simple.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the so called ammo shortage is from the president buying 1.6 billion rounds no shortage just a presidential mandate buying ammo here is hard to do as well no ammo is in stock i have to special order it online 22lr 308. 30-06 you name it we dont have it the only thing you have mass quantitys of are the shotgun loads like dove and turkey shot and some buck shot we dont have mass quantities of bird shot either

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimtopic
the so called ammo shortage is from the president buying 1.6 billion rounds no shortage just a presidential mandate buying ammo here is hard to do as well no ammo is in stock i have to special order it online 22lr 308. 30-06 you name it we dont have it the only thing you have mass quantitys of are the shotgun loads like dove and turkey shot and some buck shot we dont have mass quantities of bird shot either

So, what does the presidential "mandate" have to do with .22LR? Is there something I missed? Please link to where there is a "mandate" on .22LR....

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Fact is you should have stocked up four years ago. There was a similar run, but not quite as bad. 9mm was going for $350/1000 back then and .22lr was dirt cheap for 5,000 round boxes. Once the dems were in control the future was obvious, and Obama's re-election pretty well guaranteed a gun grab even w/o the tragic shootings to give him an excuse. The shortage is from us, not the gov. People are just scared and trying to stock up. The ammo makers are running at capacity, but their problem is that if they add MORE capacity, what will happen when the price goes back down and ammo is plentiful? They might wind up holding the bag. It's kind of a reverse vicious circle.

And SO WHAT if there's another thread on the topic? Stop ragging on the OP. We just went through dozens of Pope threads. Good Lord!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join