It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural cures for morning sickness anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Despite google searches and having 2 previous go-arounds with pregnancy,I am in my 8th week and I am DYING this time around. I'm big into natural remedies and healing the body naturally. BUT I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO HELP! And I really don't want to go on prescription medication. However, I have lost a few pounds. Suggestions would be appreciated!
I've already tried...
B vitamins
Ginger
Magnesium
Increased my protein

The only thing that has seemed to help has been the magnesium. But it only helps for a few hours. I have morning sickness all day and night. It has been awful. And I'm insanely drained. With my previous pregnancies, I was able to work AND be supermom. I can barely get meals made for my kids without needing to lay down. I can't work right now either.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Lemons. I always had real lemon lemonade (has to be real lemons, not just a lemon drink) on hand. Worked great for me.

good luck and congrats!
edit on 12-3-2013 by AlomaRa because: more info

edit on 12-3-2013 by AlomaRa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Suck on some fresh Ginger Root! If that doesn't work use some Arrowroot if that doesn't work ........... Hang in there honey it will pass off .......

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I feel for you!! With my last pregnancy the morning sickness was god awful and I tried all the natural remedies to no avail as well. After a while the only thing that worked was making sure I ate something with a lot of protein right before bed.. peanut butter crackers worked well. Then I would sip on gatorade all day, the sodium seemed to help. I got so sick of all the natural cures not working and wanted to beat up the next person who told me to suck on ginger! LMAO

Mine usually passed by around week 10-11.

Editing to add.. bananas helped too. I used to put peanut butter on a banana and call it a meal. LOL Oh and one more thing, when are you taking your prenatals? I had to take them 'right' before I went to sleep or my morning sickness was even worse!

edit on 12-3-2013 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2013 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Salty fried potato chips!

I don't know why it works but it does. Google "potato chips morning sickness" and you will see articles about how chips might help. I realized that about 10 BBQ chips really helped relieve my nausea many moons ago.
edit on 12-3-2013 by WillowWisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I found that salads with oil and vinegar helped mine......also saltine crackers.....Good Luck........thank God it passes soon........

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Only thing that worked well for my lady was orange oil or fresh orange zest.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

One Guinness Stout a Day. No More, No Less.
Blessings to a Healthy Child.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Take a visit to your friend Mary Jane...she has all the answers

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Check out www.sea-band.com. They sell these type of bracelets that have a high success rate in easing motion sickness and morning sickness symptoms. At least it's a way to attempt easing it without having to eat or drink something to ease the symptoms... I'd bet eating or drinking something is the last thing you want to attempt as you're feeling ill.

I hope it eases for you though!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
DONT GET PREGNANT...the best cure

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
DONT GET PREGNANT...the best cure

Looool

Ain't that the truth

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I know my mother used to drink ginger tea when she was pregnant. She said there was nothing better. I've found a recipe for the one she used to make: boil 30g dried ginger root (which you can get from health-food stores) in 1 cup of water for 15-20 mins. Then strain and sip slowly.

By the way, ginger root is the same herb used to counter motion sickness. It naturally prevents nausea.

I'd also like to say congratulations. You must be so full of joy at carrying a new life inside you. x

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Morning Sickness:

• Morning sickness affects pregnant women in the 6th and 12th week of pregnancy
• Contrary to what the name suggests, the symptoms of this condition can occur anytime during the day

Symptoms to look for:

• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Dehydration

Causes:

• Rise of estrogen levels in the body
• Imbalance of electrolytes and glucose

Natural home remedy using curry leaves, lemon juice and sugar:

1. Crush a handful of curry leaves
2. Press them on a sieve and extract their juice
3. Take 2 tsp curry leave juice
4. Add 1 tsp lemon juice
5. You may add sugar for taste
6. Mix well
7. Drink 2 times every day

Natural home remedy using mint leaves, ginger, lemons and honey:

1. Take 1 tsp mint leaves' juice
2. Add ½ tsp ginger paste
3. Add 1 tsp lemon juice
4. Add 1 tsp honey
5. Mix well
6. Drink 2 times every day

Natural home remedy using mint leaves:

1. Take a handful of mint leaves
2. Boil them in 200 ml water
3. Inhale the fumes for relief from morning sickness

Tips:

• Do not get up from the bed immediately after sleep - wake up slowly
• Keep biscuits or crackers handy for early morning snacks
• Eat multiple small meals through the day
• Avoid fried, oily and spicy foods
• Avoid alcohol and caffeine intake

These remedies are based on the principles of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian science of healing, and are completely natural, non-invasive, and can be prepared at home. Consult your doctor if the symptoms persist. Refer to the terms of use.

Ayurveda is the way to go. Best of luck and congrats.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

i know this controversial to say this, but there are certain herbs that will help you with morning sickness, and just as anything it must be used in moderation, ive know a few women that have gone this route and the baby that explodes from the womb are bright and bouncy. as bad as the goverment tries to paint healing herbs as a bad thing, it is not true, like i said, moderation, plus once ur belly starts getting big the morning sickness will go away and you will have no reason to deal with throwing up, you will just have to deal with the rest of the negative effects pregnancy has on the body. I commend you, and all mothers for having to go through the act of pregnancy.
edit on 12-3-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

oh yeah u think morning sickness is bad, wait till the heartburn kicks in.
edit on 12-3-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Already suggested...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I had morning sickness all day through both pregnancies, I puked until I delivered.
Ginger never worked for me either, but I had better luck with mint, I kept the little starlight candies close.
I also had some luck with preggie-pops, they have ginger, mint and some other herbs in them. They would work at least long enough for me to eat and or keep my vitamins down. Luckily both boys were as healthy as could be even though I felt like they never got enough, they take it from you instead.
I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My adopted grandmother had all of her three children with the help of some "herbs" and all three are successful, healthy adults. She said when it is cooked into food it is best for the anti-nausea effect

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies! And well wishes

I'm doing more protein and that seems to be helping. Lemon water is also helping a bit. I read something interesting on keeping your body in a more alkaline state (lemons (acidic) going in does something magical and makes your body alkaline. Excuse the lack of technical terms here) and it seems to make a difference for me. I still feel like dying though.
edit on 14-3-2013 by PassedKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If talking about me then i used to regularly take olive leaf extract as a natural diet!! And believe me by using it i always feel healthy!!

olive leaf extract

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join