It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying in your dreams...what happened to you afterwards??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hiya,

I had an interesting dream about 2 weeks ago now that I was in one of the twin towers when it was just about to collapse entirely. I can't remember anything about working in the office and then the explosions happening - I can only remember that at the start of my dream there were fires all over the area and people panicking. Then I could hear the floors come crashing down several levels above me and I knew that my time was up.

I remember being at peace and thinking "oh well, here we go" and then *SLAM* the floor above me must've hit my floor as there was instant blackness for a second and I was cactus. I then knew I was dead but I was walking around some city with other bewildered people. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything at all other than that.

The strange thing is (as far as I remember) this is the only dream i've had where I have died and then went to some afterlife or other experience whilst still dreaming. Usually, if I die, I wake up.

So, what have others here experienced when they've died in a dream?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

I was shot in a dream and died. It was strange, as I have always woken up when "dying" -- but this time, it was if all went black...as if I ceased to exist (no thoughts, no consciousness)....and then after a period of time, I was
conscious again, and was a "ghost" for lack of a better term. Other "ghosts" could see and talk with me, but those "alive" could not. I continued on for a bit before waking up. I died another time, and continued to exist, but those are the only dreams I had where this happened.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't know...I have never remembered a dream....

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I dreamed once that I was a furry creature, bipedal, and the last of my kind.
I was being euthanized with a huge needle, started to die in my dream, and woke up trying to knock the needle out of my arm.
It still hurt when I woke up.
Freaky dream.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I die all the time in dreams.
Sometimes I'm conscious that I'm dead, but otherwise, it's just a label and everything goes on like it was before in the dream, except, for some reason I then carry the label of being dead, like changing shirts or something.

Other times I'm brought to semi-consciousness; that state you usually experience when you normally wake up on a day off from work but are free to lay there lingering between sleep and waking.

Sometimes I've been woken entirely.

When I was a child I had a private joke with myself about the concept of death in relation to dying in my dreams where dying just equated to "waking up" since at the time i was waking up when I died in dreams.

edit on 10-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

That is interesting. I had the same "blackness" happen briefly and then I was walking around with other people. I really wish I could remember more than that but that was it sadly.

It's also interesting that you could interact with other ghosts but not people that were alive. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Wow! That is very bizarre!! Do you remember what sort of feet/hooves/etc you had? The first thing I thought of when reading this was a Satyr.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

That's a good point you make about death being a label. Hadn't kinda thought of it in that way. Funny that you liken it to changing a shirt

Your last comment there sort of reminds me of Avatar - when they fell asleep as one of the N'avi (sp?) they woke up in their human form.

Furthermore, it reminds me of a quote from someone saying that we may have many lives going on all at once in different planets/dimensions etc and that while we are awake we are experiencing this reality but when we are asleep, the slide projector of life is showing a different reality if that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Damn, that's sad. I know of a few people who barely remember their dreams but you're the first that has told me that they never remember them.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I saw this thread and immediately got excited! It's a very interesting thought as to what happens after you die in a dream... I've never really thought about that. I wonder if the experience you have after you die in your dream is a similar experience or maybe an insight into what actually may happen when you die in real life? Crazy thought maybe but who really knows..

Anyways I've died plenty of times in my dreams, I remember feeling everything including the pain of the actual death. I was shot once point blank in the side of the head and I remember every feeling I had even the fear of knowing I was gonna die but not being able to stop it but I woke up afterwards.. And another time I was mauled by a grizzly bear I remember that feeling as well as the claws sunk into my skin and I woke up after that as well.. There have also been times when I should have died in my dreams but was able to prevent it from happening and thus the dream goes on.

I've never actually thought about what would happen after I died in my dreams, maybe I subconsciously thought that I had to wake up because I was dead? I will try to hold on afterwards next time and I will post back. Great thread! I'm really interested to read about others' experiences!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

Ouch...I think i'd prefer to be shot than to be mauled by a grizzly!

I've had a few dreams where i've died but then woke up straight away. I remember being shot and then feeling this pain and waking up straight away because my brother stepped on my stomach! Fun times haha.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that have had some similar experiences. If I had the time, i'd love to compile a list of what people have experienced after dying in their dreams.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Most of my dreams that i can remeber from my entire life have been nightmares with some worse than other and i remember some where i have died.Sometimes i wake up just after i die...other times i stay dead in some kinda state where nothing happens after i die and i just am somewhere present but not doing anything and is weird .Once i remember that my soul was exiting the body but just above it and i remember it feeling so real and it never happened again.Once a big wave came and i was trying to hold my breath in the dream which i think i did because the dream persisted with me being somwhere on the bottom of that wave and at some point i just could hold my breath any longer and i took a big chunk of air and it felt so strange because i could do that.It was like in one of the harry potter movies where they have some tournamenent and they take some potion for breath and they struggle to hold it but they give in eventually and when they start breathing they are so surprised that they can do that.Yeah i have had and still have a pretty bad sleep part of life.
edit on 10-3-2013 by youhup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruff

Wow! That is very bizarre!! Do you remember what sort of feet/hooves/etc you had? The first thing I thought of when reading this was a Satyr.

Lol. I don't remember looking at my feet, but my arms and hands were black fur. I felt normal, so I think I had person type feet. I still don't know if I looked like Chewbacca, or a Sasquatch, or a monkey, or just a furry naked person.

It was such a weird dream, unforgettable. First time I remember being a different creature.
I do wish there was a reflective surface somewhere. I still wonder what I was.

I remember hiding in a cave, and then realizing I couldn't hide from the human hunters, so I offered myself up to be euthanized. I couldn't speak human, but I offered my arm and the knew to use the needle instead of the gun.
Then everything started to go black, then I woke up.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I have died and have waken up in another dream fully aware of what happened before that too.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Yeah the grizzly bear dream was not a fun one to say the least. Haha I think that was actually the first time I had died in a dream. I was with someone in these woods and we were lost and then we saw this grizzly and he saw us so we ran for it my friend and i ran opposite directions and of course he followed me and it was the scariest thing for two reasons. I was about to get mauled by a grizzly and because I had never died in my dream before and still held onto that superstition " you die in your dreams you die in real life". Haha at least I know now.

I actually dream a lot almost every night I have these off the wall intense dreams most of the time I can remember every little detail. I'm so intrigued by what they may mean if they mean anything at all? I'd very interested to read others experiences. Thanks for that.

Haha that's weird how sometimes while we're sleeping what goes on around us can influence pain or feeling in the actual dream.. I wonder if there is anything to that

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i have died over 20+ times in dreams and everytime it feels as i would call a real death. i lost awareness and it just goes black for however long it takes to wake up

alot of my dreams i die in world wide floods while im on a cruise ship and the sea fills with jelly fish and all types of creatures.

sometimes guns etc...
edit on 16/8/1991 by tdrowe2008 because: (no reason given)

i fly all the time in my dream, but the other night for the first time i reached really high speeds maybe like 80mph was crazy
edit on 16/8/1991 by tdrowe2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by youhup

Damn, that's not good that the majority of your dreams have been nightmarish. Not fun at all.

Sounds like you kinda went to some sort of limbo where you were waiting for somewhere to go. Bizarre stuff.

Ahh gillyweed is the stuff that Harry Potter ate to make him breathe underwater. Would be very handy to have some of that stuff

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've died about 5 time in my dreams. One I was buried alive in a coffin underneath the football posts while a multi-armed octopus monster went on a rampage above.

I jumped off a sewer ledge another time. It was the only way down haha.

I shot myself in the head to get away from a couple xenomorphs from aliens movie franchise. I wasn't going to be eaten.

Another time I stabbed myself through my throat and up into my brain because I was about to be mauled by a pride of lions.

Another time I was chomped on by a great white.

Everything goes black once I do that. Normally I just wake up. One time I dreamt I was floating out of my body looking down. Then I remembered I was dreaming still in bed. And woke up.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

Yeah, thankfully that old theory about dying in real life when you die in a dream is certainly not true!

You reminded me that I had a dream with a grizzly in it too - can't remember much detail but I do remember seeing a grizzly way off in the distance and then in 10 seconds he was right near me! Damn nature...you scary!! haha.

There is definitely something to our body creating dreams to reflect what has happened in our real life though. I've had a few experiences like that now.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

hahah chewbacca!

That's such a sad dream though. To realize that you had no chance of getting out of there alive and offering yourself up.

Way harsh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join