It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm some unique snowflake, I promise. (heh)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I thought I would open up my time here on ATS by just showing you guys the song I was listening to while creating my account. Sure look into it all you want but really I just don't know how else to do an introductory thread without giving some information about me that you will likely toss aside
. I suppose this song does show a bit of my personality, but probably nothing statistically relevant. I like this kind of music and puts my mind into a good place, and that's it.

--Isn't that what ATS is about? I think that's what knowledge questing is, just finding a good spot to place your mind for a little bit. Some people of course go overboard, putting their mind so far out into something that eventually they cannot keep track of it... and subsequently lose their mind.

(Well go ahead, give it a listen!!)

Anyway, I am here for a variety of reasons involving my mind. Sure I wish to challenge it, but at the same time I occasionally want to just relax my mind, put it at ease, and tell people what I think, observe, and feel. No, I am not going to be one of those people who use this site as a personal journal or anything to vent out why they think they are special

That being said, I just want to keep my Composure and try to contribute what I can.

Thanks, hope to find some familiar faces here. I'd hate to end up just treating everyone here as some unnamed OP. I'd like to be on a username-username bases with some of the other intellectuals here I keep hearing of.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Twix404 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Welcome to ATS! In regards to your "unique snowflake"....ahem....

Welcome to the madhouse!

edit on 3-3-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Hahahahaha!

Wow what a great way to start on ATS, assimilation through humor. Thanks for that. Equivalently, all snowflakes can be vaporized just as easily as the next eh? Diving into a bit of existential thought now...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Your words offer hopes of intelligence while your music carries me to lighter climes.
Welcome.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Welcome fellow snowflake, and welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Thanks, are you into ambient electronic? I mean, I would be completely open to artist suggestions if you have any. Of course I can share what I know as well.

I am a bit of a music explorer.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh oh oh you are a unique snowflake too? We have SOO much in common!!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Welcome to ATS, Twix. Ran out of Welcome Cookies, you're stuck with the gooey pecan caramel covered brownies as your Welcome Treat....

Enjoy...

Des

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Des always makes me hungry.

Hello and welcome!!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Of all the things that I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
That will also tick off the grammar police really badly, oops another one
Made my day
. Welcome to the family strange person........you will fit right in.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I am super allergic to pecans.

Na, and thank goodness because they are delicious. Thank you kindly ma'am.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Wow that's impressive. I am not sure I know the text code to make that shape!

Are you able to just insert gifs or something on a thread?? Curious...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Ha i do not consider myself strange. Just far a few standard deviations away from normal in many different categories used to quantize personality.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

A beautiful unique snowflake!

Ironic because I am dressed in my Tyler Durden costume in my avatar ^_^
edit on 4-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twix404
reply to post by Night Star

Wow that's impressive. I am not sure I know the text code to make that shape!

Are you able to just insert gifs or something on a thread?? Curious...

Yes you can upload gifs.

Here's another cool one.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS family, look forward to seeing you in the threads.

[Ps, I see you like Twix....lol why not O'henry or Mars?]

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

I'd say on the whole ATS is about putting your mind in a good spot- not a bad way of looking at it.

But watch out, the trolls hunt often so beware of frightful encounters with that lot of annoyances. They show up in places that don't even make sense sometimes

Not all of us are like that so it pays off in the end. Welcome!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Twix404

A beautiful unique snowflake!

Ironic because I am dressed in my Tyler Durden costume in my avatar ^_^
edit on 4-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Don't let him fool you OP... thats not a costume.

Welcome!!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Haha regarding my name, it was a bit of an impulsive thing... I was looking through my pictures and just the other day discovered a picture of a twix candy in the "404" slot in a vending machine. It has been a bit of an inside joke between me and a friend, but the joke comes from an online puzzle game called notpr0n in which one of the levels featured the twix candy. To see a twix bar in a vending machine with the 404 label was ironic and pretty funny... It was a good memory and ties into online puzzle solving so I thought it would be a good ATS username/ avatar.

(nothing against the other candies, I am not prejudice towards any certain type of candy
)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join