It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Used Fake Marines at Inauguration?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Marines are not issued bolt action rifles anymore right?

When in Navy boot we used old bolt action rifles that had the bolt removed. I would guess the Marines had some with, and some without bolts, but I doubt any of them worked. Just old rifles used for parades.

I see nothing of anyone not shaved??

As far as their marching, not all people are good at marching. Was that a drill team? A unit that had marched together a lot? Or just a group of marines from different units that probably hadn't drilled since boot camp? Do Marines drill after boot camp? The Navy doesn't.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

If they were actual Marines at all, they probably were from scattered squads. They probably had to dig and scrounge for anyone who was not offended having to be around the faux president!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by ANOK

If they were actual Marines at all, they probably were from scattered squads. They probably had to dig and scrounge for anyone who was not offended having to be around the faux president!

Why do want to believe that everyone hates the president so much?

In order to justify your own hate?

Don't get me wrong I'm no supporter of government, no matter who is running it, but some of these anti-Obama thread are just stupid, and a waste of time imo. Are you just pissed off republicans who are desperate to find anything negative to bitch about because everyone was so down on Bush?

Back at ya

edit on 2/25/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Marines are not issued bolt action rifles anymore right?

They are M14 rifles.

They are not manually operated “bolt action” rifles.

All semi auto/auto rifles have a “bolt” that that feeds the ammo and locks in place to fire. The bolts on these were gone.

Just old rifles used for parades.

(Facepalm)

My uncle would hit the ceiling, and keep going to the moon if he heard that.

This is the inauguration of the president of the united states. You do not just gather up a mixed batch of old rifles and start walking.

If the commander found a rust spot, or a piece of dirt on your rifle, he would rip you a new A$$.... And then rip you in half for good mesure.

You are there as a representative of your branch of the military to the newly elected leader of the country. Your look, fit and finish reflect on the entire service. There is no expense spared in projecting your best form.

Your actions maintain the integrity of the honor of every person you represent.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
They are M14 rifles.

They are not manually operated “bolt action” rifles.

All semi auto/auto rifles have a “bolt” that that feeds the ammo and locks in place to fire. The bolts on these were gone.

I thought m14's were black plastic? In the pic the gun is obviously wood.

This is the inauguration of the president of the united states. You do not just gather up a mixed batch of old rifles and start walking.

Hmmm not what I said though was it? The rifles we used for drill were well kept, and would not look out of place in a presidential parade. In fact I carried the Navy flag every other Friday, as part of the base drill team for graduating aircrew officers, at Pensacola, and the marines used the same OLD non-firing rifles the Navy did during the parade. They did not use their own issued rifles.

Sorry if you don't agree, but I am just going by my own experience.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You just jumped the shark. I can no longer take anything you say with any seriousness.

My uncle was issued an M14. I can assure you that it was not black plastic.

My uncle still remembers the serial number of his rifle he was issued 45 years ago. He had to recall it from memory on demand, when ever any one ask, at any time. And he still can to this day.

When he was sleeping in between guard shifts in the forest of Germany during the cold war, standing in the face of the Russian army, he would sleep with his boots on and his rifle by his side.

The only way you were going to come into possession of his rifle was if he was already dead.

To say that they would just grab any old beat up rifle and go marching with in the presidential inaugural parade, to represent his branch of service, would be highly insulting to him to say the least.

“Seven steps to hell”

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

You just jumped the shark. I can no longer take anything you say with any seriousness.

My uncle was issued an M14. I can assure you that it was not black plastic.

OK I stand corrected, no need to be like that. So what is the black plastic gun they use?

To say that they would just grab any old beat up rifle and go marching with in the presidential inaugural parade, to represent his branch of service, would be highly insulting to him to say the least.

Again I never said any old beat up rifle did I? When was he in the service, maybe things have changed eh?

I do know for a fact in the 90's on the Pensacola Navy base Marines did not march with their own rifles. I was there practicing with them every Friday, and saw the guns they used, which were kept in the same room as the flags. They also had to clean them.

You are making way too much out of this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

No friend, you got me all wrong. I have affiliation to no party. I just do not care for a traitor being in the highest office of MY country.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
God forbid they marched with "assault" rifles.

4chandata.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You don't have to buy it. It's the way it was.

Look, the recruits at the depots march around every day, after 3 months they do it pretty well.

Drill in DC is way different than drill in boot camp, So these guys have to learn a whole new way to march and drill. Parade season in DC is between April and September. This was January, so you have new guys showing up who are just learning the new drill. They have not been doing it everyday because there is a million other things that need to get done. Add in the all the other crap. It should not be surprising that they were not spectacular.

Come to DC in April and see those same guys, You will be amazed.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
these are missing there bolt too you can only see the wall side of the chamber but no bolt knob these have no bolt in them

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I would say your probably thinking of the M4 carbine.

M14
M4 Carbine

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

As a former United States Marine ,I did hear skuttlebutt the bolts were confiscated and they look like newbee recruits Maybe try to share it on facebook -Uncle Sams Misguided Children (USMC)They can tell you all you want to know and then some lol but be prepared.for the answers Semper fi.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

No he's not, he's thinking of the m14 socom.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This isn't the first time he has disarmed troops. He did it in Afghanistan when he mafe the speech by the tank. All rifles and arms were removed, not just disabled.

People have short memories.

They also did it to Panetta.
security.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 26-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I agree marching is not to good. They even had a big blue line to follow and couldn't keep it straight.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
being this wasn't the silent marine drill squad...what exactly was to be expected here
could be alot of stress inflected before actual presentation march...the march becomes relieving
how far was march before podium arena of display
myself i darn near fell asleep during my graduation celebration of great lakes naval boot

as to the rifle's being in force readiness...i can see no need of readiness of rifles use...being surrounded by a security force from hell

so yea...this guys video is reading into things to me that just aren't there

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They are indeed FAKE Marines but what's the big deal? Fake presidents are duty bound to use fake Marines. Everything else if faked too by the way - and I mean everything. But you chose him - twice

Do you think he's concerned that he'll be taken out? Is VP Biden concerned too then I wonder? Imagine that - speaker Boehner as il presidente

This is a list of the current presidential line of succession ,[1] as specified by the United States Constitution and the Presidential Succession Act of 1947[2] as subsequently amended to include newly created cabinet offices.

1 Vice President of the United States
Joe Biden (D)

2. Speaker of the House
John Boehner (REPUBLICAN - REPEAT - REPUBLICAN )

3. President pro tempore of the Senate
Patrick Leahy (D)

ETC ETC

edit on 26-2-2013 by AveMaria because: fact

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Have to agree with Mr Tranny.

I believe that it is a silent protest from the troop.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Having served in the Marine Corps, I can tell you the same thing happened when President George Bush (Senior) arrived to greet us at the Mogadishu Airport in 1993. Marines in my unit were told to remove their bolts and place them in their cargo pockets before heading out to the runway to see the President. I also recall observing men (with rifles) on the rooftops looking in at us and out into the city. Also, saw multiple decoy Marine One choppers come in and leave before President Bush finally landed. Honestly, so what if they did put a few ringers in with normal Marines.... maybe something was going on and it was required for safety. I would rather have trained secret service, Delta, or Marine Recon dressed like a PFC with weapons under the coat than a PFC fresh from Parris Island or San Diego unarmed if it hit the fan.

I always chuckle when I hear something about Obama not allowing bolts, I assume it must be general rule if it was done over 20 years ago when I was in the Marine Corps. Also, I sure saw a lot of PFC's in that parade unit. Hell, we hated to march for our own homecoming, now couple that with a bunch of PFC's who probably have not been in the "Fleet" over 6 months and you got an awesome parade review. Also, unshaven? I saw a kid trying to grow a stash... since when did the Corps make that illegal?
edit on 26-2-2013 by viper1973 because: Wanted to add more information

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join