It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Used Fake Marines at Inauguration?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In the opinion of this Marine. Those Marines looked like crap all around. Irreguardless of how tired they were or how they felt about what they were doing. They were still representing the Corps first and foremost and they dropped the ball making the Marines look like crap. Their military bearing and discipline should have stayed intact. I've seen grunts in the fleet march better than those Marines.

Being tired, cold, and pissed off is not an excuse to disgrace the Corps in the manner that those Marines did. If I were their unit leader I would have them drilling eighteen hours a day seven days a week as a punishment for their lack of cohesive movement. And if they were new to the unit then their drill standards should already be higher as they were most likely fairly fresh out of boot camp.

The only part that I liked was that most of them were giving the President a fairly mean staredown as they passed by. I just would expect more out of 8&I Marines no matter what conditions they were performing under.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted -

The Marines in the Inaugural Parade were disarmed, a coulple of news outlets did pick up on it...

| Military and Conservative websites exploded in rage today when the news surfaced that the United States Marines marching in last months Inaugural Parade had their weapons disabled prior to the start of the event. Critics of the President believe that Mr. Obama dishonored the Corps and proved that he openly distrusts his own military. Gun rights activitists view the attitude of the President and his supporters as an attack on the Second Amendment. They wonder if guns and their owners are now the enemy in America

This is not the first incident involving a high ranking Obama official and the disarming of US troops. When Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta visited Afghanistan on March 14, 2012, US soldiers were ordered to leave all their weapons outside the tent where Panetta would be speaking. It is important to remember our troops were disarmed in an active war zone at the request of the Obama Administration. The NY Times reported on the incident

Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

Marine’s Guns Disabled Before Obama Inaugural Parade:Guns Are Now The Enemy

edit on 26-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Being tired, cold, and pissed off is not an excuse to disgrace the Corps in the manner that those Marines did. If I were their unit leader I would have them drilling eighteen hours a day seven days a week as a punishment for their lack of cohesive movement.

And that old school way of thinking is what I can't help but note makes the United States Marine Corps a cut above and apart from most, if not all other organizations in the world. My hats off to them....except this pathetic bunch. I'd love to help you drill them until they just collapse into coma from over-work. It was a sad sad showing all around, wasn't it? Politics aside...each MAN in formation had a personal choice to make about whether to do his absolute best ..or just half ass it for a President they don't respect.

Well.... I never knew half ass to be defined in the Marine Corps Manual, eh? I think they do need to be worked on their.....approach and attitude.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It is normal during parade ceremonies for the first column to have their faces straight forward while everyone else turns there head to face the "distinguish guests". The command is "eyes right" or "eyes left" depending on where the guests are located.

Bolts are sometimes taken out for safety reasons.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Marines are not issued bolt action rifles anymore right?

When in Navy boot we used old bolt action rifles that had the bolt removed. I would guess the Marines had some with, and some without bolts, but I doubt any of them worked. Just old rifles used for parades.

I see nothing of anyone not shaved??

As far as their marching, not all people are good at marching. Was that a drill team? A unit that had marched together a lot? Or just a group of marines from different units that probably hadn't drilled since boot camp? Do Marines drill after boot camp? The Navy doesn't.

They should have used the drill team or Honor Guard for a ceremony like that. Army, Air Force, and Marines (not sure on Navy) should have some sort of Honor Guard to perform ceremonies. I was Air Force Honor Guard for my state and we did all the ceremonies for our state but at the same time it was comprised of all the Honor Guard units from all the bases, which could account for the "not uniform" look during marches.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the insight. If I may couldn't there be a dissenting view in the ranks that makes for the sloppy attention to detail? After all what have these guys got to look forward to? More combat where there number eventually will come up?

I would be hungover most of the time too.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't care what the rest of you make of it, to me, the message was clear! I know the Marines are proud and that they have more honor in the tip of their little finger to a man, than all the politicians in Washington DC have collectively throughout their entire bodies! They gave respect where respect is due.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
On the bolts removed thing. Those are M1 Garands chambered for 30 '06. Armor piercing rounds for that caliber will easily pierce 1" of steel armor plate and still kill whomever is behind it. I don't know how cast acrylic would stand under that kind of penetration, but those who protect the president were thinking about it too.

30 '06 M2 AP ammunition
edit on 26-2-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Thanks for the insight. If I may couldn't there be a dissenting view in the ranks that makes for the sloppy attention to detail? After all what have these guys got to look forward to? More combat where there number eventually will come up?

I would be hungover most of the time too.

There is deffinitely dissent in the ranks right now. Marines are very unhappy about the forced retirement of General Mattis especially. And as I said before irreguardless of their personal feelings or opinions they were there to represent the entire Marine Corps and not themselves as individuals. Most of those Marines will never see combat. They are ceremonial Marines who will do nothing but drill during their careers for the most part. They just simply dropped the ball that day for whatever reason and it impacted the Corps in a negative manner.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'll be damned... You're 100% right. I hadn't zoomed in tight enough to establish whether that really was an M-14 and from a distance, the two look close enough without inspection to assume.

On VERY close look though, now that you mention it, you're right and a cigar for your eyes there. Those ARE M-1 Garand rifles and not M-14's. The Metal bands on the stock, clearly visible in two places forward of the receiver are the most obvious traits upon close examination for telling them apart on this but there is more. The Stock and Barrel config is all different as well as the receiver group itself. Again, nothing to really SEE on a casual look across rows of shouldered rifles (Especially when the right side isn't visible for the VERY obvious difference in configuration with the stock).

Still.... The difference is somewhat academic here given that the M-14 Rifle fires the .308 and the M-1 Garand fires the 30-06. As a reloader, I can tell you it's the same .30 Caliber bullet loaded into both. They reload with the same bullet on different cases and powder charges, literally.

In the end though, the main question is still the one without an answer so far. Has this been done (stripping functional bolts) from Marine rifles in past Presidential Inauguration events? If it HAS...then we're all making a mountain out of a mole hill and this is silly to discuss at all. If NOT..and this set new precedent? Then I'd say it matters A LOT to know why this one and his S.S. agents fear the Marine Corps when others haven't?

edit on 26-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

LOL! I wasn't referencing you (unless it was your blog?)

I think blogs have their place, but people need to realize that anyone can put one together and make it look credible.

The whole thing is interesting. If true, combine that with Beyonce not actually singing...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm wondering why those who take an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign & domestic, serve under someone that works against this nation.
The military is a joke and belongs to the U.N.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The faking of a Marine Corps marching unit was an intentional humiliation. BHO has a very nasty manner and he very much enjoys spitting in the face of the military. Michelle falsely "backs it up" by pretending to be pro-military - especially with the families of American Veterans - all staged BS just like the STAGED photo-op at the Academy Award Ceremonies with the FAKED MILITARY PERSONNEL AS A BACKDROP - they are the most disgusting occupants the WH has ever known - BAR NONE!.

edit on 26-2-2013 by AveMaria because: add

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You know something is really wrong when the holder of the highest office in the land cannot trust those he commands! Don't get me wrong, he has crapped on them as well as the whole nation at every turn.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AveMaria

I've heard and read the same thing and from a personal side. I've been fascinated to read what I can find about Presidents, First Families and how they REALLY are in life, as seen by the SS, Military Guard and White House Staff. The Obama's are still there, of course, so news from their White House has been limited. However, what has come out in stories and inside peaks shows what you say here. He detests the Military and everything related to it to an extreme that made even Carter look Hawkish.

Carter and his Wife actually tried having the Marine Guard moved to the outer perimeter along with SS Agents. They really disliked having them INSIDE the White House or at exterior doors, apparently. I can only assume someone had a 'Come to Jesus' meeting with Mr Peanut and explained how quickly he could be gotten to and killed if the SS and Marines are having to run from the outer fence and bust into the White House just to respond to a threat.

Seems Obama is actually worse for attitude though. Still...... The Marines should have had pride in themselves, their unit and their Service. Above the President as a MAN is the Presidency as an OFFICE. That deserves respect, IMO. Even if the man serving in it is a scumbag, it doesn't change the Office.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone remember Mr. Robert Powell? If you do, consider the source and untwist the report. Everything in this situation can be explained very easily from the removal of the bolts(which has been done for years) to the way they face(having Air Force experience even I know the marching rules of facing and it was done correctly). It is a shame that their lines were not straight and they looked beat down but consider that they had been there all night, it was very cold and they just wanted to get it over with. Yes, maybe it wasn't perfectly professional but as humans they make mistakes especially if they are individuals taken from multiple groups that are not used to marching with each other, with that marching configuration, on that route, under those conditions. Its easy to judge when you expect perfection and maybe with the Marines it is understood as we all hold them to the highest standard but they are still humans that make mistakes.IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Even if the man serving in it is a scumbag, it doesn't change the Office.

I respectfully disagree. It is my belief that respect fled the office when the faux president entered it!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by AveMaria

Seems Obama is actually worse for attitude though. Still...... The Marines should have had pride in themselves, their unit and their Service. Above the President as a MAN is the Presidency as an OFFICE. That deserves respect, IMO. Even if the man serving in it is a scumbag, it doesn't change the Office.

Very good post - but I am of the mind that they weren't really Marines for all of the reasons you mentioned. I am former military and know several Marines - old guys, but they to this very day are Marines through and through - never having abandoned their core principles, and for that reason I suspect very strongly that the 'Honor Guard' troops that served at the presidential inauguration were replacements. Just my take btw while surely respecting your good and very clear position on the matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if real Marines refused to march and SS agents were recruited to don the uniforms. This is Barry's legacy!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

To believe that would mean that there is no point or purpose to having additional Presidents. May as well scrap it all...if one man's presence has so destroyed the institution and Office behind it.

The nation survived men like Taft, Garfield and Wilson. We even survived Lincoln. Aside from winning a war, he was the closest our nation ever came to a full blown dictator, without doubt in my historic sense of things.

All that stupidity and incompetence, we've survived. We'll survive this too. I don't know what SHAPE we may be in to rebuild from it. I dare say it'll be quite a bit worse than Reagan found in 1980. Such is life though and anyone who thought it would be easy should have skipped the ride entirely, eh?

@Avemaria

All this talk of them not being real marines has me real curious now. I have a couple family members who wore the Marine uniform and I've not asked them about this at all. Perhaps I ought to. A Marine may see additional details of proof, either way, that someone like me would never key on because to my eyes, some details have no meaning at all. Hmmm.....

edit on 26-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join