It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you create a false reality? Reality Within Reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I was wondering if you ever attempted to create a new reality sort of like a new life, in your mind that you thought was ideal for you and were you successful?

Do you think we can really focus our minds to create a false reality consciously that would make us feel better and deliver us the peace or whatever we are seeking so hard in life but still cannot have?

Almost like daydreaming but when you are daydreaming the visions you have are generally obscure and completely focused on the desires. And daydreaming has a base of emotions and subconscious needs so generally we imagine only the core part of the moments we want to imagine, e.g. you want to have lots of money then you imagine yourself already having the money and spending it somewhere, but not the way you got the money, how you felt after getting the money, when did you get the money and what happened to others when you were getting the money...

What I want to be able to achieve is to consciously create a reality in our minds in a wide awake state, that is consistent (unlike dreams) but also as "real" as dreaming in REM sleep...

Do you think or scientifically know for a fact that it is possible or not?

If so, what if we are already our imagination of ourselves in our consciousness but we still couldnt manage to be happy in the false reality we created?

It may sound complex but I just wanted to talk to you guys about it.

Have a great week!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by trjack35

Okay this is abit of a " naive" question. We do this constantly. Where do you think a guy is in his mind when he watches say Britney Spears singing " Hit me baby one more time". He is somewhere else probably.. fantasy its called. This is the alternative reality.

Yours is a silly idea. The whole point of us conspiracy folk saying " Wake up" is to alert people that they are constantly in this alternative reality state, a universe within the own mind. And that we have to unravel this in order to deal with reality as it is.

Your idea leads to slavery . As already happens...
edit on 24-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What I want to be able to achieve is to consciously create a reality in our minds in a wide awake state, that is consistent (unlike dreams) but also as "real" as dreaming in REM sleep...

I think it's called hypnosis, psychosis or delusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

You have control over none of those...

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Okay this is abit of a " naive" question. We do this constantly. Where do you think a guy is in his mind when he watches say Britney Spears singing " Hit me baby one more time". He is somewhere else probably.. fantasy its called. This is the alternative reality.

Yours is a silly idea. The whole point of us conspiracy folk saying " Wake up" is to alert people that they are constantly in this alternative reality state, a universe within the own mind. And that we have to unravel this in order to deal with reality as it is.

edit on 24-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

You are far away from my point... You clearly did not understand what I am telling up there.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

People do this all of the time, and you probably know at least a few of them. Do you know someone that has told a particular lie so many times that it has become his/her truth? Meaning that they convinced him/herself that the lie is the actual truth and the former truth never existed. Some people's pasts are so mundane or in other cases so horrible that they make up past events to take the place of their real life events. The events that they make up are so much more preferable to them than reality that they convince themselves (as well as others) that what they have created with their imaginations is real, and no longer remember what the truth was before.

I personally know several people like that. They are so convinced of what they have created in their minds is true that it is useless to argue with them- even when they try to tell you a story that you KNOW isn't the truth because you were around for it. In their minds they have completely recreated the truth and believe it completely. Call it delusion, self hypnosis, whatever- it exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just wait until we link our minds with computers! The video games will be awesome!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
one that morphs true reality into a better one.!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't think it's possible, nor has it been done. Perhaps there is a narcotic agent capable of this somewhere out there, but none that I know of.

It is interesting that one can be convinced that the dream they are in is reality when they are merely dreaming. It's probably because none of the senses are awake to connect them to reality, and thought has full reign.

I don't think your theory is possible while the senses are at all times reminding us of reality. But very interesting idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by trjack35
Hi ATS,

I was wondering if you ever attempted to create a new reality sort of like a new life, in your mind that you thought was ideal for you and were you successful?

Very interesting thought. 1nc 1 thought of what would happen
IF some () managed to copy the current entire layout of a area of what is called reality... all INCLUDED AS WELL

And then with some DIVINE assistance all those who vibrated on say the ORIGINAL GOLDEN RULE GOOD planned frequency of the original version REMAINED WITHIN THE REAL OBJECTIVE REALITY but also within the copied version / SUBJECTIVE reality as just COPIES
to keep the programs consistent like... for the originals placed in the copy

Now within the Subjective /copy reality some were originals as shared PLACED in the COPY. Those who liked to distribute ignorance abroad rule ect. SO THE PROGRAM GIVES THEM THE COPY TO DESTROY or WILL-TRAP them... and as they feel they are ruling over many no matter UNIVERSAL LOCATION* those vibrating in the COPY frequency don't pick up on the fact they are ruling copies in a copied reality they may be about to do something too

unless warned somehow in the MATRIX? Thru some program that cares a care program..

And the original OBJECTIVE REALITY has the COPIES of the Ignorant in it for you have to still run them in the MATRIX program in order to keep both PROGRAMS CONSISTANT...like And then something happens in the COPIED UNIted VerSions program what ever that is ALL while the original continues on and those in the copy got what they wanted... why at the same time erasing themselves from the Objective reality collective UNIted VerSions

@was ideal for you and were you successful

For many not 1 if that was the scenario

NAMASTE*******

edit on 2/24/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It called being a fiction writer

or schizophrenic

or a baby

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
the tibetans practice this read about it somewhere

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
its called an over active imagination, and yes it is possible

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think some people can. But they will always know that their false reality is in fact a false reality and that their real reality will always be their real reality.

When dealing with certain adults who were mentally and physically traumatized and abused as children, you will find that some of them escaped that trauma with their minds by literally creating an alternate life within their minds. Not by creating split personalities where they do not know when they are changing from one personality to the other, but by creating a split false reality to cope with the pain and escape the abuse by not being there. It's sort of like "going to your happy place" and staying there and being here at the same time. They know it's not reality, but they still get satisfaction from the false reality that they have created. They become adults and the same fantasy that they created when they were a child, is still there. They have even grown up in their false reality. They have literally lived their childhood and adolescence in this false world while knowing that it's false. They have married, had children and watched them grow in the ongoing false reality that they created in their mind. They are able to function in the real world even though they have given up all hope for happiness and fulfillment in the real world. Under observation, it would be noticed that these people tend to smile to themselves for seemingly no reason at all , or even mumble something seemingly to themselves, but it is because they are living that fantasy life that's going on in their minds that has been there with them for decades that they are really responding to.

So, yes. It is possible for one to create an false reality and keep it separate from the real reality while simultaneously living in both.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
To the original poster, the inner universe (imagination) is already living, showing its images in the mind. It does not have to be "created" it only has to be watched as it's already there.

reply to post by FreedomEntered

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

So instead of being a slave to their OWN dream/inner vision, people should be a slave to their surroundings.. (stuck in the box not thinking creatively beyond the boundaries) ?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think that there are many different states of "reality" the mind can go through.

When I was going through the deepest, darkest depths of my depression, the VA put me on seroquel. Let me tell you what, after that drug built up in my system, I went off the deep end. Psychosis is very scary, and reality, even alternate states of consciousness I was familiar with, took a flight and went bye-bye.

Never a fun place to be. My family still states that that was not me, and believe I was walking around possessed!

Now I do a lot of spiritual work and put myself into different states of consciousness all the time. However, the knowledge and remembrance of our accepted state of reality never escaped me. I knew where it was and my way back to that mundane state at all times. However, in my depression, when I had a psychotic episode, reality wasn't around and I couldn't find the candle that led me back to the same reality my friends and family lived in. I was in a constant state of confusion and reality was completely turned upside down.

The doctors finally came to the conclusion that I can't be medicated. Now, today, no pills no psychotic episodes, and depression is lessening. My days are getting brighter, and I'm actually overcoming my agoraphobia. I go outside and check my mail now, and don't have to force myself to leave the house for my therapy appointments.

The point of my story is: Be careful in searching out these "alternative" realities. Going too far down the wrong rabbit hole does have consequences. Alternative states of mind are temporary, they are not for you to go living in permanently. Lucid dreaming is still just that, a dream. If it could just come into being, you'd be infringing upon a lot of other peoples right to be, just as they are.

This isn't to say that lucid dreaming doesn't have it's benefits. It does. It's just for you, not everyone else. The change takes place within you, not without. If it did manifested into being outside of yourself, what consequences do others have to accept so that your perfect dream of reality manifests? Does lucid dreaming and other alternate realities benefit people? Yes. But it's like water. It only changes what it can in the mundane world, and only so if it can without impeding or interrupting others peoples journey through life. This is why so much magickal incantation and workings goes unanswered. If your asking for something that is going to change others lives, even unknowingly, you don't have the right, and it will go nowhere. It gets stopped in the ether. I don't know why, I'm guessing it is so our construct stay's glued and just doesn't fall apart trying to pander to everyone's wishful thinking and desired wants over everyone else. It can't all manifest like we want in our dreams, because the cause and effect fallout would be unforeseeable. We share our reality construct, and in sharing - we are limited. IMO.

Peace,
Cirque

new topics

top topics

join