It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous dump US State Dept database on the web

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The idea is that anyone and everyone could Anonymous. One part of anon saying they didn't do it, another part saying they did it. Makes sense.

Names and email addresses are not going to do much to expose corruption, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by RadicalRebel

But they didnt go after that info, they posted lists of personal info of people who most likely had nothing to do with any crime...disgusting...

We are talking about the arms and hands of the machine here.. Of course they are fair targets...

If they are so tallented with comptuers, why don't they try to get jobs inside the government, and effect change from within?

Maybe instead of hiding in the shadows, and allowing the government to use their monkier as a sort of false flag they could do legitimate, legal forms of protest?

Look, I understand that it only takes one mosquito to keep someone from sleeping. Unfortunatley, in the end, the person trying to sleep might just mosquito bomb the place and toxify the entire internet for all.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: It is a WAR ok!

This is just collateral damage!

As long as the military nessessity is achieved in proportion to the civilian casualties it is all legal and above board ok.

The US Sate Dept is a completely valid military target ok.

Those who work there must be mindfull of that fact and they made the choice to become a target and it IS illegal for military targets to hide behind human shields and so the State Dept is breaking the laws of war to begin with.

Personal Disclosure: And since it is a war ... I don't expect anyone form Anon will be cuaght and prosecuted as Droning them will be so much more effective.

If it is a choice between the lesser of two evils i will choose neither.
There may well have been an anon doing things right somewhere at somepoint but this isnt it. You talk about war, then read this...
Then tell me whos side your on.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

But they didnt go after that info, they posted lists of personal info of people who most likely had nothing to do with any crime...disgusting...

We are talking about the arms and hands of the machine here.. Of course they are fair targets...

If they are so tallented with comptuers, why don't they try to get jobs inside the government, and effect change from within?

Maybe instead of hiding in the shadows, and allowing the government to use their monkier as a sort of false flag they could do legitimate, legal forms of protest?

Look, I understand that it only takes one mosquito to keep someone from sleeping. Unfortunatley, in the end, the person trying to sleep might just mosquito bomb the place and toxify the entire internet for all.

why would the government want to hire smart, talented people who want to bring positive change?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

why would the government want to hire smart, talented people who want to bring positive change?

Or,if you think like me, they cant hire someone that already works for them

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Excellent so you are one of the "It's Anonymous so it has to be right!" people?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i HOPE THEY GET SOME REALLY USEFUL DATA, PUBLISH IT, AND BRING DOWN THE NAZIS.......
i KINDA THINK THE PRIVACY OF THESE GOVT STOOGES SHOULD BE AS AVAILABLE AS OUR OWN IS TO NSA ETC....
HOPE THEY NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE WITH THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT.....
i KNOW THEY ARE JUST THE WORKERS PROBABLY NOT THE MASTERS, BUT MAYBE IT WILL HUMBLE THEM A BIT, AND SHOW THEM WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE VIOLATED IN SUCH MANNER.....
WHAT RECOURSE DOES THE PUBLIC HAVE AGAINST SUCH HUGE IMPLACABLE FORCES THE PTB BRING TO BEAR ON US?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
if they were serious about serving our needs...
they would hack in and find actual evidence of wrong doing.
posting credit card numbers and personal details IS NOT an act of a warrior.

anon if you read this, go after some real info and prove yourselves as our allies.

otherwise all you do is ensure the end of freedom on the internet.

of course that may just be the plan anyway

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I keep hearing that they hack databases but never see the information posted anywhere.

The information that they gather is usually posted on pastebin..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

if they were serious about serving our needs... they would hack in and find actual evidence of wrong doing.

What you mean like Wikileaks or optyler.. Plenty of evidence of wrong doing should you choose to look..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One time I actually supported this group but the more I read about their shenanigans I soon realized these jerks are going to cost us what little remaining freedoms on the webs we still enjoy.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Lifespan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

of course that may just be the plan anyway

Head of nail, meet hammer...
Nuff said

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

if they were serious about serving our needs... they would hack in and find actual evidence of wrong doing.

What you mean like Wikileaks or optyler.. Plenty of evidence of wrong doing should you choose to look..

wikileaks is a commercial enterprise, making money, and only releasing what they feel they should.. where are the bank cables we were promised..?
nowhere... because they are afraid.

anon should hack wikileaks and release the bank cables for them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I hope each and every one of them are caught and prosecuted.

Sadly the US State dept are government and almost certainly protected with money, power or legislation.

We can only dream. The American government is rotten.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I like that approach, Good points.
Why not try to effect change from within?

Seems lie all they are really interested in are headlines.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocklobster1
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I like that approach, Good points.
Why not try to effect change from within?

Seems lie all they are really interested in are headlines.

Thats a good idea... just like ron paul.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You know, I have never been able to make up my mind whether I support Anon or reject it. I think tonight I figured out why. I hear a lot of great ideals from the voice of Anonymous. But all the actions which are credited to Anonymous are... well... weak sauce man.

And then on the next page of the newspaper we hear the State Department or DOD crying out about how "cybersecurity" is such a big deal, we hear about "cyberwar" and "cyberterrorism" and it all sounds like malarky to me. Because. Well. Anonymous kinda sucks when it comes to accomplishing anything. But they make it sound like such a big deal, like hackers could totally destroy all infrastructure and bring the flow of economy and electricity each to a screaming halt.

So. Can the U.S. government really have it both ways? I don't see how. This really stinks. And does Anonymous have any muscle at all? I mean, data dumps cannot actually do any damage to a government which is so OK with bald-faced lying to the public. They have to know that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Im beginning to think that this theory is correct,that Anonymous is indeed a government-sponsored outfit.I had such high hopes when they first emerged-we need heroes to fight on behalf of the downtrodden and disenfranchised,we need strong points to be driven home to TPTB-but i don't see how this latest action does that.We don't need to know the personal details of lowly employees-WE NEED PUBLIC PROOF OF SO MANY OF THE AGENDAS,THE CORRUPTION,THE DANGERS TO SOCIETY AND INDIVIDUALS,FROM THEIR OWN GOVERNMENTS,BANKERS,POLITICIANS.WE NEED !USEFUL! INFORMATION.This is not it.By the way,Radical Rebel,your avatar made me laugh,thanks:-)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I would like to make a couple points here. Not as Anon, but as myself.

1. Freedom is NOT free. Your forefathers did not sit back and beg others to liberate them from their British masters, is it really too much to ask that you do the same?

2. I have said this over and over, and I will say it again: Anon is not necessarily a group, Anon is an idea. YES, there is a core group of h4x0rs who created the initial stages of Anon, but they are not our leaders. Therefore an Anon, or even a group of Anons, can go through with Ops that don't hold true to the Anonymous ideals.

3. This may come as a shock to you, but Anon is not internetz-omniscient. Posting something here on ATS, Youtube comments, or random comments on other random sites is possibly the worst way to reach out to us. We do not typically make ourselves available on these sites because we cannot fully control the privacy of accounts, posts, etc. This is also why we have launched our own social networking site. If you really want to contact us, go to one of the following IRCs and ask your questions. We aren't shy.

VoxAnon IRC

AnonNet IRC

AnonNews IRC

There are of course other Anon IRCs you can use, but these are the ones we frequent most. All we ask is that you use common sense, don't give out your personal information, and take simple measures to protect your identity from Fed snoopz, such as VPNs and proxies.

We are here. We are listening.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by purplemer

Oooohhhhh Anonymous .. what a bunch of brave tough activists ... unless they antagonize someone with real teeth like the Mexican Drug cartels. In that case they are all like "please dont hurt us, we will do whatever you want".

www.reuters.com...

"[...] the Mexican Drug cartels" backed up and in large cooperation with US alphabet agencies
We live in complex world, our cognitive capabilities are very limited (and often intentionally obstructed) so it is pretty normal that we sometimes bite of more then we can chew. BTW we are learning by failure. Experience is basically negative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join