It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous dump US State Dept database on the web

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
If the info was different i might think otherwise but publishing the personal info of the employees...givin our society today thay should have title it as a hit list.

Implying it would matter if something bad happened to these people.

It doesn't matter if they are "just employees". They are knowingly working for a corrupt organization. That's like catching somebody running coc aine deliveries for a big drug kingpin and saying "Nah, just let him go. He's just an innocent employee."

You have to start pruning from the bottom and work your way up. Anonymous wouldn't have let this information fly if they were innocent.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by RadicalRebel

But they didnt go after that info, they posted lists of personal info of people who most likely had nothing to do with any crime...disgusting...

We are talking about the arms and hands of the machine here.. Of course they are fair targets...

If they are so tallented with comptuers, why don't they try to get jobs inside the government, and effect change from within?

Maybe instead of hiding in the shadows, and allowing the government to use their monkier as a sort of false flag they could do legitimate, legal forms of protest?

Look, I understand that it only takes one mosquito to keep someone from sleeping. Unfortunatley, in the end, the person trying to sleep might just mosquito bomb the place and toxify the entire internet for all.

why would the government want to hire smart, talented people who want to bring positive change?

Look, if the Scientologists can infiltrate the feds at many, many levels (Operation Snow White) -- you don't think some of these guys could do the same? I'm willing to be some of them have pretty good educational backgrounds in computer science.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

It doesn't matter if they are "just employees". They are knowingly working for a corrupt organization. That's like catching somebody running coc aine deliveries for a big drug kingpin and saying "Nah, just let him go. He's just an innocent employee."

You have to start pruning from the bottom and work your way up. Anonymous wouldn't have let this information fly if they were innocent.

Ahh their you go, another Anonymous script kiddie save the matrix ¿ ... Judge , jury and executioner allowed because I said Expect Us.

Please..take off the fanboy glasses and do what those groups are trying to accomplish which is get people to wake up and think for themselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Ahh their you go, another Anonymous script kiddie save the matrix ¿ ... Judge , jury and executioner allowed because I said Expect Us.

Please..take off the fanboy glasses and do what those groups are trying to accomplish which is get people to wake up and think for themselves.

Accept that they will do what they want or try and stop them

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Accepting anything makes it sound just like people cry about from the govt.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

They are the ones who are doing what they want. You are the one thats crying.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Interesting because I can't find a single thing I said which could be construed as crying but whatever makes you feel good..

It's ok though im sure you blindly think its cool that someone can run a script and launch a DDoS \ DoS against a site because you know, thats l33t!"

Before the other wannabe fanboys chime in..I am all for the concept of what the various groups out their are doing. I just don't think they are going about doing it the right way because in the end they are becoming what they claim to be against. Specifically neither the Govt nor Anonymous no anyone else should be allowed to be judge, jury and executioner.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why release just the small amount of info without the list of crimes thay have commited beside their names as well. It seems like without this it is only a list of names, and some are innocent. The term Do No Harm does come into play here. Only the guilty should be punished, not the innocent. So take this into account all who read, we are still a nation of laws and dupe process of law, without evidence how can the guility be procecuted without evidence. Anything else is just considered heresay evidence. Now I am not on any side here just a realist who believes in justice for all.
edit on 20-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Interesting because I can't find a single thing I said which could be construed as crying but whatever makes you feel good..

You are right, I should have never attempted to interpret what this sentence meant.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You are right, I should have never attempted to interpret what this sentence meant.

Let me clarify it for you.

Accepting anything makes it sound just like people cry about from the govt.. Oh wait thats just verbatim so let me try it a different way.

Accepting anything that one specific group claims as absolute truth makes it no better then what people cry about the govt does to everyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think the people who hate on anon are secretly in love with big daddy government. I fully support anonymous and I wish that they would do something a little more drastic to get the worlds attention....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lamos

"Big Daddy Government" is using Anon as a way to pass legislation like SOPA/PIPPA down our throats. They justify their bills and laws as needed to protect national security. Hell, half of the "hacks" are probably just themselves doing it to themselves.

Do you see how this works yet?

It's like when a kid pulls a prank at school and doesn't admit to it -- the whole class gets punished.

Annon is going to get you your "Big Daddy Government" faster than anything.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamos
I think the people who hate on anon are secretly in love with big daddy government. I fully support anonymous and I wish that they would do something a little more drastic to get the worlds attention....

If you fully supported what they stood for you wouldn't just automatically assume they are always right...
Keep believing what the MSM is feeding you about all of this though..im sure you have a much more noble picture of the scenario then reality would actually present. .

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I love these guys! I hope they bring down tyranny.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's the white pages of the State Department; name, email, phone number. You could probably get half their names from a resume database, with job history as "state department". What is the big deal?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
It's the white pages of the State Department; name, email, phone number. You could probably get half their names from a resume database, with job history as "state department". What is the big deal?

Addresses, birth dates, etc....that's why it is a big deal. PII information was stolen and now each of these people who had that data stolen is open to identity theft or worse given the mob mentality of some.

It is one thing if it is just basic contact information; I would be right there with you. But exposing private information is another thing. Also, what goal does this accomplish other than looking silly in your "hacking" campaign. Anon did nothing here to expose any deep conspiracy and this is flat out malicious.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

This was not an Anon op. This was the work of fringe h4x0rz who call themselves Anon. Just as you would not persecute an entire organization for the work of a few fringe radicals, don't persecute Anon for the work of a few fringe idiots.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I hope each and every one of them are caught and prosecuted.

Are thou art mad bro?

I hope NONE of them go to jail. I hope these black hats get a medal. Why should you feel protective of your rulers?

See stockholm syndrome en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
So career Department of State workers have no expectation of their privacy? Sounds like they got their hands on PII data. Anon can do some good but dumping names, phone numbers, address, birth dates, etc is beyond doing anything productive and places innocent people in danger of identify theft and/or possible "mob" action.

This is not about doing good, this is about revenge more less. Hence #OplastResort

Nothing happens over night, Anonymous has indeed CHANGED THE WORLD

All is fair in love and war and vengeance is a dish best served cold

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
It's stupid crap like this that Anon does that is going to ruin the internet for the rest of us.

What good has Anon done for me personally in relation to my life, rights, or my day-to-day activies online? Nothing. Not. One. Thing.

I'm willing to bet most of these "hacks" are actually planned releases of information, under the ausipices of an alphabet agency to smear Anon.

That's the problem, anyone can be Anon -- even the NSA/CIA/FBI/DEA/ATF... and to take down the legitimate Anon, all they have to do is intentionally release some mundane information and claim it was done by Anon.

There is no real or fake Anonymous, that is what is so funny about it. Anonymous does not oficially exist. It is not a group or organization with members / memberships. It is cause and effect. It is an idea, you can not take down Anonymous. No matter what alphabet agency of choice. Anything can and will happen in Anonymous as long as it is non violent .. it is Anonymous. If the web is "taken down" it wont be because of Anonymous but corporate lobbyists with an agenda to control the flow of information / end piracy and use the typical terrorist excuse to galvenize the passing of bills like SOPA, PIPA and ACTA. The web wont be taken down, it will be reformed to serve these special interests. Anonymous is a violent reaction to an infection, the antibodies flowing in the blood stream fighting the infection.

This is a WAR make no mistake, revealing personal information is just the tip of the sword. This operation was brought to you by #Antisec

Originally posted by othwald
reply to post by RadicalRebel

The problem is that Anon didn't post that information. There have been reports of someone claiming to be Anon, but the core members have no clue about it.
You can read more about it here...
www.reddit.com...

Oh my you really don't get it? For there to be a "real anon" there would have to be an identity and leadership hence the opposite of what Anonymous means. Too many chiefs not enough indians . Last resort was introduced by Antisec, Antisec is the bastard child of Anonymous and Lulzsec. Antisec does it for Lulz over morals. Antisec are l33ts mostly and thats why they are so effective. Where we have a ton of fail anons these days making countless youtube videos calling for ops on every topic imaginable deluting the waters and preventing any legs getting behind anything worthy. They are counter productive anons but anons none the less. There are Anonymous that fail to get the gist of Anonymous and identify thyself as an authority , they are newf@9z and have no l33t skills. I can go on, in a nut shell epic fail guy always delivers.

edit on 21-2-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I keep hearing that they hack databases but never see the information posted anywhere. Even the government says they are hacked but the evidence never seems to come out. Is the government really behind Anonymous, a false organization formed to make us fear? It would be nice to know if Anonymous was actually really what they say they are.

facepalms

Please use Google it is your friend. Please people do your research and step away from the arm chair of paranoia. We started it out as an inside joke, it grew in to a Godzilla. The government entities and alphabets are not as witty as one would think. Power is people.

I will just leave this here

edit on 21-2-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryyptyk
reply to post by ownbestenemy

This was not an Anon op. This was the work of fringe h4x0rz who call themselves Anon. Just as you would not persecute an entire organization for the work of a few fringe radicals, don't persecute Anon for the work of a few fringe idiots.

You do not have teh right to say the above statement. Anybody and nobody is Anon. There are no legitimate operations or unlegitimate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join