It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous dump US State Dept database on the web

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryyptyk
reply to post by ownbestenemy

This was not an Anon op. This was the work of fringe h4x0rz who call themselves Anon. Just as you would not persecute an entire organization for the work of a few fringe radicals, don't persecute Anon for the work of a few fringe idiots.

You must be new, and i take it you don't like mudkips either? What would you consider "fringe" is also considered as "terrorists" by your rulers. The irony. You do not speak for the collective no more then we can speak for you. Your idea of Anonymous sounds like a anonymous hinged on conforming & complacency ? There are no rules. You can choose whatever ops you wish however Anonymous does what it wants because it can. No worries opinions are non factor.

Originally posted by purplemer

reply to post by ownbestenemy

This was not an Anon op. This was the work of fringe h4x0rz who call themselves Anon. Just as you would not persecute an entire organization for the work of a few fringe radicals, don't persecute Anon for the work of a few fringe idiots.

You do not have teh right to say the above statement. Anybody and nobody is Anon. There are no legitimate operations or unlegitimate.

precisely

edit on 21-2-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
These guys are mere puppets in a bigger play that is on a global scale...

Its pretty convient that these guys are just the most leet hackers in the world so powerful the old USA cant knab em becasue there so tricky.....

Wronggg There being allowed to do these so called epic hacks..... You notice with how powerful these guys are they've never once dropped a bombshell, i mean just some undeniable hard hitting evidence of something of relevance or importance....

Sure maybe there first couple hacks were legit but now there just being watched and monitored.. Sad to say butt if these guys really think there truely hidden and there not known about then there a little more naive than first thought...

After the Gary Mckinnion incident im pretty damn sure there systems although hack able are observed very closely and have probably watched these guys in action more than once....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

Why hack and post this kind of info, why not some evidence of a crime or such, its a shame to see such abilities wasted.
All the more re-enforcement of my beleif that most of this "anon" activity" is in fact conducted by the government.

A brilliant observation!

If these people are as cunning as they're supposed to be (and they would have to be in order to repeatedly get away with this kind of thing) they wouldn't be running these kinds of risks just to publish crap like this. They would be going for the really juicy stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
If the info was different i might think otherwise but publishing the personal info of the employees...givin our society today thay should have title it as a hit list.

Implying it would matter if something bad happened to these people.

It doesn't matter if they are "just employees". They are knowingly working for a corrupt organization. That's like catching somebody running coc aine deliveries for a big drug kingpin and saying "Nah, just let him go. He's just an innocent employee."

You have to start pruning from the bottom and work your way up. Anonymous wouldn't have let this information fly if they were innocent.

Blah blah...that is such bull. Your gonna tell me that the interns and the janitors and the paper pushers are all in collusion with the people at the top who are the corrupt ones.

Dont be such a fool. They probably had never even heard of people
like Aaron Shwartz, or those involved in his death. To make this assumption is ignorant.

Most (i wont say all) of the names on that list are probably people like you and me who want to make a difference in the world, arent as suspicious of our government as we are, and have famies to feed and protect.

I am always reading posts here about how angry people are with collateral damages. And innocent people getting hurt/killed (for example the recent thread on drone strikes...)
How is conducting this type of op any better when it achieves nothing? In theory when our government conducts a strike it takes out an enemy who can no longer strike back.
In Anons case when they conduct an op, not only do they leave thier intended target standing to strike back but they give reason for others to stand against them as well.
What is to say that they did not have some supporters within the state dept., do you think they do now?

Until this "band of merry men" can come up with something more impacting and directed at thier intended target then i have no reason to think they have anyones best interest in mind...still just a bunch of kids playing useless pranks...
They had a good cause in egypt but what about libya, bahrain, n. korea? Why not make thier actions really count here and use thier talents to continue to make lasting changes and really make a difference that wont entail tighter restrictions.
Until i start to see thier action putting real criminals behind bars i have no reason to believe or trust in any of it...until i see them bringing to light the darkside of our government for more people to know and see and learn fromand correct...they are just "jerky boys" on steroids at best, government plants at worst.
edit on 22-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsok

And then on the next page of the newspaper we hear the State Department or DOD crying out about how "cybersecurity" is such a big deal, we hear about "cyberwar" and "cyberterrorism" and it all sounds like malarky to me. Because. Well. Anonymous kinda sucks when it comes to accomplishing anything. But they make it sound like such a big deal, like hackers could totally destroy all infrastructure and bring the flow of economy and electricity each to a screaming halt.

This quote from the same article was so incredibly ironic that I almost couldn't believe they printed it

What worries Dmitri Alperovitch, co-founder of the computer security company CrowdStrike, is a coordinated attack against banks that modifies, rather than destroys, financial data, making it impossible to reconcile transactions. “You could wreak absolute havoc on the world’s financial system for years,” he said. “It would be impossible to roll that back.”

A coordinated attack against banks?? The damage he describes has already been done....by the FED, World Banks and other large banks. Anything that a coordinated attack against banks could do would pale by far in comparison to what the Corrupt Banking systems have done, and cost us.

I posted this on the thread regarding "Anonymous re-hacks US Sentencing site into video game Asteroids"

I mentioned similar issues, but also included a comparison between the punishment for certain crimes compared to others. along with a comparison between the differing crimes of the harm inflicted upon the average person and the absolute disparity between them all things considered.

You may or may not like the actions that Anonymous takes to get their message, ideas or outrage noticed but if you take the time to read what I posted, you'll notice some problems in the system.

Just a reminder my original detailed post can be found here
edit on 2/22/13 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
You all know who I'm talking about.

The "wanna be's" who "hacked".... I hope they all go to jail.

Do you really care that much? It concerns you how?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Originally posted by elevatedone
You all know who I'm talking about.

The "wanna be's" who "hacked".... I hope they all go to jail.

Do you really care that much? It concerns you how?

I cant speak for others, but realistically it concerns everyone and if someone doesnt care...if they think it doesnt concern them in some way, then those people are part of the problem... imo...
edit on 23-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

False. The story of a memberless Anon is a cover. Join an Anon IRC and find out yourself.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

I consider anything degrading and outside of the founding principles and ideals of Anon to be fringe, yes. Your argument is circular by the way. Anon is legion, therefore anyone is Anon, but the thoughts of one Anon are not the thoughts of the whole? Your concept is flawed. Do your own research instead of relying on your Wikipedia. If Anon had no structure, how could we go about organizing anything? News? Ops? Lulzing on the IRC?

The idea of a faceless Anon is a myth, and a weak one at that. Anon has many faces, all of them hidden from the prying eyes of your pitiful governments.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

False. The story of a memberless Anon is a cover. Join an Anon IRC and find out yourself.

if you want to get the information out there to the public, why would you have to "join" an Anon IRC? release the info.....old school....use a printer, print out hundreds of copies, and send to 100's of different newspapers. there still are good journalists and editors out there, enough anyway to get the information out to the public.
asking someone to join something to recieve important vital information is a big fat red flag to me. it strains the very credibility Anon is trying to establish.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by DarthFazer

I consider anything degrading and outside of the founding principles and ideals of Anon to be fringe, yes. Your argument is circular by the way. Anon is legion, therefore anyone is Anon, but the thoughts of one Anon are not the thoughts of the whole? Your concept is flawed. Do your own research instead of relying on your Wikipedia. If Anon had no structure, how could we go about organizing anything? News? Ops? Lulzing on the IRC?

The idea of a faceless Anon is a myth, and a weak one at that. Anon has many faces, all of them hidden from the prying eyes of your pitiful governments.

The important thing for most people , the fans, the script kiddie wannabes, the young kid just turning a computer on for the first time...

Just because someone says "Expect us" doesn't make them right..

Do research, spend the time, think for yourself and form an opinion then do something to act on those opinions.
Blindly assuming Anonymous, NGZ, 2600, going back to DoD (aging myself) , the threads on the various Vision/2 BBS!, The Federal Gov, The local Gov or The media is right because they say they are is setting yourself up to be fodder.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What makes you think I dont IRC

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Because if you were on an Anon IRC, you'd be approached by him.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryyptyk

Sorry bud I have been involved on IRC in the past and I dont get what you are on about.
edit on 1-3-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join