It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict - 'The Time of Testing is Here'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
'The Time of Testing is Here'.

Was this just the usual kind of Lenten homily/sermon that is given by the pope? To be expected at this time of year? Or does it have deeper meaning? He is in his final public hours. He is making everything he says count. Does he know that the antichrist is walking among us and that the end time has arrived? (yes, yes, I'm sure someone will say that Benedict himself is the antichrist.
seriously though, the guy is retiring, he can't be)

From Pope Benedict this week -
Vatican Insider

The time of testing is here. We must not use God for our own ends.” Resignation is a testimony of faith. “Don’t be afraid” “to fight the evil spirit,” what is important is that we do it alongside Christ the Victor,” the Pope said during today’s Angelus before a crowd of 50 thousand faithful, ....

“When he began his public ministry – the Pope remarked – Jesus had to unmask and dismiss the Temptor’s false portrayal of the Messiah. But these temptations – he added – are also a false portrayal of man, which threaten our conscience, disguised as proposals that seem convenient, efficient and even good.”

Then came an even stronger statement: “The Temptor is devious: he does not push us towards evil directly, but towards a false good, making us believe that the real things that matter are power and whatever satisfies our primary needs,” the Pope said speaking about the temptations the Devil presented Jesus with.

In the Catholic church, most of the homilies and bible readings about the end times and second coming are around Christmas, during Advent. Having it at this time of the year doesn't really fit the church calendar.

Sort of Related .. LONG but interesting blog putting together the secular and the religious about the final time of testing being here ...

Blog - The Final Time of Testing is Here

Time appears to be running out, with dire changes having already begun. Who knows, maybe there is only a year or two remaining of relative freedom of movement before the controllers reveal their deep affinity with the dark side by setting up what seems to be their planned world dictatorship, world government, and world currency. They have learned how to manufacture crises and disasters, such as 9/11, as a means of seizing more power. The signs that they are springing the trap will be the increased bureaucratization of all aspects of life, wartime measures like rationing and transportation checkpoints, centralization of financial institutions, control of populations through un- and under-employment, elimination of freedom of speech on the internet, and continued growth of computerized systems containing personal identifying information. As has happened before, the majority of people will likely be so sick of the rising tide of chaos the controllers have helped engineer they will willingly trade their autonomy for the shackles of totalitarian order. ...

The testing has come, but it has been foreseen for a long time. The Master came two millennia ago and showed the way. Why do we think someone else is coming now to save us? We were given the tools and the time to learn how to use them. Now we have no more excuses.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Brilliant flyer,

Grim times ahead judging by that information, we all relate to it some way or another. Although I dont agree with the antichrist theories.

This year
Or the next,

Will be the year TPTB shows exactly what they have up their sleeves, the times are now.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i believe our planet to now be at a tipping point of sorts.
we are being given a short, last, chance to reclaim this planet from the controllers.

it is 'in the contract', a trust between the creator and 'lucifer', with earthlings being the beneficiary.

i'm sure nobody knows this better than a pope.

hmm... you know , in the ex-text quoted first in the OP, it sounds like he is telling us to check into the jesus (immanuel) of the essenes.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
im so glad all religions are fake..because so it must be with their end times prophecies

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We are living in INTERESTING times! Im not a catholic, but something just doesn't seem RIGHT here. A pope just doesn't RETIRE, I dont care how old he is. Something is happening and we are all going to witness. Whether its an arrest or a divine intervention, IM READY lol

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Some other 'the time of testing' blogs and information and bible studies ...

Christian Life Sources

Some [seed] fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. . . . Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. (Luke 8:6,13)

Protestant Prophecy - You are entering a new time of testing

LDS - A time of testing

But honestly .. it was REALLY interesting to me that Pope Benedict said what he said.
It sounded like a warning to me. Perhaps I'm making too much out of it ...
but that's what it sounded like. Like he knows what is coming and who the players are ...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As usual these Men of Cloth will use any natural disaster to work the crowd into a jesus frenzy.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentinoG
We are living in INTERESTING times! Im not a catholic, but something just doesn't seem RIGHT here. A pope just doesn't RETIRE, I dont care how old he is. Something is happening and we are all going to witness. Whether its an arrest or a divine intervention, IM READY lol

Pope retiring, then that same night the Vatican gets struck by lightning, the following days meteor sightings from all over the world, N. Korea testing a nuke while threatening the USA.......... I'm tellin' ya, the sh!t is starting to hit the fan.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Dont forget comet ISON later this year. According to NASA, Comet ISON will be the "closest" on Dec. 26 I mean how cray cray is that?! www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Maybe it's as simple as the time of testing is the test of religion itself...not good versus evil in the traditional sense but religion versus reason. Maybe the time of religion is passing out of history...for a time at least.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Pope:

...urging them to turn to “the Mother Mary.” “Let us trust in the intercession of the Virgin Mary  in this time of testing, “ he added. “Through her we will feel the powerful presence of his divine Son, so we may ward off temptation with the Word of Christ and place God at the centre of our lives.”

President of Iran in his last speech to the UN:

his Shi'ite Imam Mahdi will "come as a girl"

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Great thread Flyers!

It sounded like a warning to me. Perhaps I'm making too much out of it ... but that's what it sounded like. Like he knows what is coming and who the players are ..

It is a warning and a serious warning. The time of testing is a direct reference to the final tribulation period when the anti-Christ arises.

It appears he is trying to do what he can to warn people about it, knowing that something is brewing from within the Vatican

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Luke 21
8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe it's a cryptic message he's sending out to all the Paedophiles in the Vatican and elsewhere?
He was essential (Ratzinger) to the cover-up/delay in prosecution/defrocking etc at the Vatican and ordered silence

I mean maybe it's just that, people are waking up... speaking out, religion is on the decline?

Perhaps their little club for abusing children is about to cease to exist.... wouldn't that be nice.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

@Was this just the usual kind of Lenten homily/sermon that is given by the pope?

It did not seem like it FlyersFan, but who can know for sure? but the...

@To be expected at this time of year? Or does it have deeper meaning?

when viewing the many Vatican techs. techs related to EA*RTH general activities
as well as the Cosmic OBSERVATION TECHS. Along with Genetic data present there
as well as time location data? that would allow for timers and signs to be better read and understood in future perhaps times.

1 just hopes its for the best interest as far as what the means when speaking of

Sometimes it DOES feel like WE are IN class here right? So maybe the teachers are closer? Acknowledged hard to keep in control/manage any large mass think group(s) maybe the is sharing something... or maybe not? 1 feels time shall tell and appreciates the positive attempt(s) / accomplishments to guide MANY of the EA*RTH Herd. positive attempt(s) / accomplishments that have been shrouded in (ill influences) over time that have effected other large mass think groups as well

NAMASTE*******
edit on 2/18/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"a time of testing"
words like that have been so overly used that they have no impact on me anymore.
those words, or words very much like them, have been used in speeches ranging from war speeches to a speech by a politician trying to get a pork spending bill passed for his district.
This time there might actually be something behind those words or they might just be more of the same melodramatic hot air.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

But that's just one of the problems with the catholic church. Mary was a normal human being.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the only one's that can make intercession for us.
The great falling away is talked about in the New Testament. But the church is not really shrinking. It's growing in lands like China and some Islamic countries. God will separate the sheep from the goats.
edit on 18-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The times of testing our patience have arrived.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
As usual these Men of Cloth will use any natural disaster to work the crowd into a jesus frenzy.

And what natural disaster would that be?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join