It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Washington...Anyone Hear The Trumpets Last Night??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I lived up in that area as a kid and you didn't have to be all that close to hear the horns from the ships. We didn't live right near the water and on a clear night we would hear them clearly and fairly loud from our house.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Another fact that led me to rule out an airplane source is the problem explaining why the sound seems to emanate from all directions...

Yeah, that's what I hear. Plus, the grumbling sound is of such a low pitch that a plane would have to be one of those huge military carriers, and there's no reason for them to fly in my area.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have personally heard this sound I think 4 times now. Or it could be 5x. Getting a blaise about it now.
WIth my teenagers and my sister a couple of times.

Made threads about 2 accounts.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

London seems to be hit more than most.

Also you say you are in WDC?
Got bad news for you mate....
nesaranews.blogspot.co.uk...

Do you have any where else to go?
Apparently POTUS and the misses have gone elsewhere, I think they heard about these meteors coming...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
AriesJedi, I am in Washington state, not DC. Complete opposite side of the country.

As for the Washingtonians here - I have heard ship horns when in Seattle, but I am around Edgewood/Puyallup/Federal Way area - the closest thing would be Port of Tacoma but I never hear any ships from there. It is hard to explain what was heard through typing. It's something that would have to be heard to really get the full effect.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by madmanj

there was an constant low droning rumble in the sky...

Ya know, for the last year or so I've been reading threads about people hearing unconventional noises and I always chalked up their noise to heavy machinery running somewhere.

It's okay to laugh at this next statement because I can't believe I didn't connect with the strange noises going on for the last year over my own dam head! It finally registered last night. Maybe I was dismissing these sounds as very huge, low-flying planes, but this only happens when the sky is completely clouded over and I never see the plane. Also, when the sky ISN'T overcast I never EVER hear this low rumbling sound?

Logic compels me to stick with BIG plane, but I can't even prove it to myself. Just weird.

P.S. Welcome to ATS!
edit on 2/17/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

ya know, i used to wonder what the humming noise is that i ALWAYS hear around my town, that happens to have an airforce base right down the street from my apartment, but i hear it so dadgum much that i've stopped paying attention to it!

Seriously though, its a humming noise, like a huge plane is just hovering over the area (it is a stationary sound) and i've walked all corners of the apartments looking for a plane that could cause it, and never found one that could be responsible for said noise. It just comes from the airforce base.

And we wonder why people call conspiracy theorists nutjobs! lol. "the noise came from the airforce base, but it wasnt a plane! i swear it! its aliens!" I think i may need a vacation.......

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by madmanj

Ya know, for the last year or so I've been reading threads about people hearing unconventional noises and I always chalked up their noise to heavy machinery running somewhere.

It's okay to laugh at this next statement because I can't believe I didn't connect with the strange noises going on for the last year over my own dam head! It finally registered last night. Maybe I was dismissing these sounds as very huge, low-flying planes, but this only happens when the sky is completely clouded over and I never see the plane. Also, when the sky ISN'T overcast I never EVER hear this low rumbling sound?

Logic compels me to stick with BIG plane, but I can't even prove it to myself. Just weird.

P.S. Welcome to ATS!

When it is overcast the sound travels further and will also be heard louder, but deep sounds are the vibrations that best carry through the dense air. I can hear fire sirens and train horns from miles and miles around only on foggy days and nights, and I to have heard jets flying over, and it almost sounds as if they are coming down to crash but it is just the density of the air.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by madmanj

Hi and welcome to ATS!

I looked on You Tube, for trumpet sounds in the sky in Washington state.

I found this persons video, he has the same thing going on in Washington state...
two weeks ago, and he recorded it.

www.youtube.com...

That sounds like an edge banding machine in a cabinetry shop. Doing long countertops. Or maybe a moulding machine doing crown moulding. That sound could reverberate against an inversion barrier and carry for miles.

Not to say that I'm a nonbeliever... When I lived in Hillsboro, Oregon, I heard a sound like a large turboprop engine being tested on a stand (it had that same sound of reverse-pitch deceleration while you're landing in one of the planes), but there are no testing facilities within miles of there. But that was on an overcast day too, so maybe an inversion played a part in that one. I don't know... Something weird is going on.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

reply to post by madmanj

P.S. Welcome to ATS!

as a matter of fact a couple of months ago i heard the low rumbling noise, and the first thing i did was poke my head out the window and the skies were clear and blue with a few thin splotches here and there of clouds, and it happened during the daytime.

the rumbling sounds like a jet airliner is "stuck" in mid air, you know that noise that planes make as they pass by? usually fading within 30 seconds to a minute? well imagine the same thing but sometimes stuck there for 30 minutes to an hour!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by madmanj

hey ive also heard the "trumpet" noise, although to me it had a bit of a tune to it...its so hard to describe it sounded almost like a mix between godzilla and a cruise ship horn, i know it sounds crazy but it also happened during the night, i got out of my bed and my first thought was "why the hell are the people next door playing video games?"

then i looked at the time and it was 1:23am i put my ear to the wall and didnt hear anything coming from their side of the apartment..so i stepped outside and then right on que was that damn rumbling noise, or as i like to call it jet stuck in mid air noise...almost as if air is leaking into the vacume of space

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's real, and you will catch heat for talking about it because it''s extraordinary, it needs to be experienced to grasp the magnatude of the situation

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I live about 4 miles from East Gate for FT Lewis and about 5 miles from where the AFB takes off and lands at the end of Spanaway Loop. Me and wife have heard these "trumpet" and "humming" sounds for the last couple of months. It lasts quite a while then is followed by 5 or 6 planes flying over the Spanaway area in a formation. Its not the big carriers that fly over they are propeller type planes. It happens whether it is cloudy or not.

The formation is like this when looking up or out at them coming. Imagine it at a 45 degree angle with a mile or so in between each one.

\
\
\
\
\

From the south to north then east to west. I have only noticed the formations like this after these sounds. And I am always watching them fly because I have seen them do some weird things. Sorry for the long post just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
My head has been ringing too loud since I had a concussion 3 1/2 years ago.
If there are ever 'trumpets' blowing ... I'll probably never hear them over this
daggum constant ringing ...

Welcome to ATS.

I got that ringing too. It comes from stray signals that intermingle in the part of the brain where sound is interpreted in my case. My problem doesn't have anything to do with the ears. When you get a cuncussion there can be scarring and the brain rewires itself. In my case the wiring through the brain connecting the temporal lobes got messed up so it shuffles thoughts through the frontal lobes and back lobes alot. Had a lot of testing done after the accident at the hospitals. You get used to it after a while and it actually helps deep thinking a lot. It does slow down super quick thinking along with slowing reaction times down a bit but that is easy to acclimate to after only five years or so. mine is considered Temporal lobe epilepsy.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by madmanj

hey ive also heard the "trumpet" noise, although to me it had a bit of a tune to it...its so hard to describe it sounded almost like a mix between godzilla and a cruise ship horn, i know it sounds crazy but it also happened during the night, i got out of my bed and my first thought was "why the hell are the people next door playing video games?"

then i looked at the time and it was 1:23am i put my ear to the wall and didnt hear anything coming from their side of the apartment..so i stepped outside and then right on que was that damn rumbling noise, or as i like to call it jet stuck in mid air noise...almost as if air is leaking into the vacume of space

Exactly...kind of like in the movie War of the Worlds, that blasting horn sound before they burst out of the ground. Or the movie inception, that constant blast of BRRRRR in the music.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I've been thinking about all possibilities, especially the ones that could support why the sound seems to be full encompassing.

The one that seems plausible to me may be one of the more fantastic and unconventional ideas - which means it would be hard to prove without a large effort... at least I can think of no ways to confirn or dismiss it easily...

I wondered about all of the oil being extracted from Earth. It seems like there would be large cavities, or very pourus subterranian pockets where the oil used to be. If these pockets or cavities are empty and currently filled with air, they could be the answer.

If any of the cavities were to collapse, it would move an awful lot of air. The weight of the collapse would push the displaced air to where ever the path of least resistance leads.

As the air is pushed through fissures, caves, and small openings in the Earth's surface, the pressure and speed could cause a 'howling' sound - similar to a low pass frequency (bass).

Maybe the cavities are big enough to cover a pretty large area. The 'howling' air is pushed through any opening it can find, which could be hundreds of small outlets over the large area.

This could also account for the rattling walls without registering on the rictor* scale, or only showing a small reading.

Once, when I heard the sound, there was an earthquake at the same time in this region, but during the other strange sound episodes there have been no indicators of seismic activity.

It may be worth the effort to check each of the regions where these sounds are heard, to identify the subterranian composition. If this idea is on the right track, then the other regions should have a somewhat similar subterranian make-up.

I am very inexperienced in things like this, other than knowing what it sounds like, so it would be a challenge for me to know where to look and what to look for.

It seems plausible, I am just not sure how probable (or improbable) the theory is.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Welcome.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by madmanj

Logic compels me to stick with BIG plane, but I can't even prove it to myself. Just weird. :wow

Does that low rumbling sound you only here when its completely overcast sound anything like this?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanj

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by madmanj

Exactly...kind of like in the movie War of the Worlds, that blasting horn sound before they burst out of the ground. Or the movie inception, that constant blast of BRRRRR in the music.

yes war of the worlds is as close as it comes, i dont know if you played mass effect but the noise that the reapers makes it sounds like that too. its a loud trombone basey trumpet sound with a bit of tune towards the end of the sound, almost like some giant organic thing is making it. i wonder if others who hear this noise just blow it off as an airplane or train. or as i almost did thinking it was the neighbors watching a movie or playing video games

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

what if the earth itself is making these noises, implying that the planet is an actual living organism. could you imagine?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Thanks for the sarcasm, Bone! Really. lol It gave me the idea to search for sounds that might be similar. This clip is the closest I've come. In this clip the sound seems to break every few seconds whereas what I hear is continuous and just a bitter deeper in tone.

Wouldn't a'thought to check without you.

P.S. Keep your eyes off the lassie. The girl is mine!

edit on 2/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hello

I lurked for a while myself.

Welcome.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join