It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

i think maybe the op just wanted to show off his gun collection.

Well to be fair, he probably lives in some third world country where everyone else has lots of guns, so therefore doesn't feel safe without locking his doors with multiple bolts at night and keeping a small arsenal by his bed.

Sadly, such places do exist.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Good point

Does the POTUS feel absolutely safe wherever he goes? Is he happy to leave his windows and doors open at night?

Is he surrounded by people with guns?

Why does the British Prime Minister surround himself with guns if the population there is almost completely disarmed??

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I put myself in harms way for this study!!! I had a loaded gun in my hands and was willing to shoot any one of those guns if they began shooting at innocent people.

Really this should be in the rant section.. Back on topic. Your axiom lacks lacks in the simpliest of understanding.... You might as well be saying I looked at a glass of water for an hour without the water quenching my thirst.

ATS moto is deny ignorance

Your OP reeks of it

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
What the hell is wrong with the US if you only feel safe from each other armed to the teeth with guns.. You mindset does not help matters... The laws of attraction are at play here.

I'd hardly call owning a 3030 and 30.6 rifle being Armed to the teeth, or like a gal I used to know who took responsibility and one day decides on her own to undertake a training course on firearm safety and then considers owning a 9mm as being "Armed to the teeth" either.

Nice over the top assessment though, those are exactly the types of exaggerated responses and reasoning why this topic get's blown way out of proportion.

Good to see you doing your part.

edit on 16-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Because he thinks he's bigger than he is

Ironically, when there actually was a serious threat to our PM (and many others) from criminal gangs financed by the USA, they used bombs not guns. Guns have never really made any sense in terms of protection of the PM etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The gun control "debate" wreaks of ignorance and that is what the op and many others are doing.,

Denying the ignorance from those who get all their talking points from the current administration, and the recycled 80 year old rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thank you for the Anti Gun aka VICTIMS viewpoint.

You are 4.5 times more likely to be shot if you are carrying a gun.... Choose fact..Not opinion..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'd hardly call owning a 3030 and a 30.6 rifles as being Armed to the teeth

In America no.

In Britain you'd be considered a dangerous wierdo and people would avoid you on the street.

We're so similar in most ways, but so very different in others.
edit on 16-2-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
In Britain you'd be considered a dangerous wierdo and people would avoid you on the street.

Well it's a good thing I'm 'Merikan then eh?

pffft....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Please dismount your high horse, Ma’am. Violent crime with guns happens in every country on this planet.
[/quote

Evidently I think you are arguing the same point as me. Violent crimes with guns happen in every country. But violent crimes with guns are lower in countries without guns...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well it's a good thing I'm 'Merikan then eh?

Damned ‘Merikans!

I’m shocked that our second amendment rights would be frowned upon in UK; the place where people allowed their government to neuter them long ago.

You can’t miss what you’ve never had, people. Move along…nothing to see here.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

There is a town in Georgia that required firearms ownership. The crime rate dropped drastically. But then again, if someone who had a criminal record lived there and could not legally own a firearm, I guess technically they would have to move.

I need to look into that one a bit.

I guess they didn’t remove the guns, but rather removed the criminals.

edit on 16-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: Time...for...a...beer!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by seabag

Evidently I think you are arguing the same point as me. Violent crimes with guns happen in every country. But violent crimes with guns are lower in countries without guns...

As previously stated, this is not true in America.

States with the strictest gun laws have the highest rates of violent crime in US.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Seriously, it's difficult for most Britons to understand why Americans want guns and difficult for many Americans to undertand why Britons don't want guns. Our cultures are very similar, yet in some ways still quite different.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong here but isn't the anti gun crowd the same people who say our prisons are over crowded, and now they are seeking to make them even more crowded.

www.nytimes.com...

Still they seek to make more people criminal the prison industrial complex with law makers leading the charge.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I’m shocked that our second amendment rights would be frowned upon in UK; the place where people allowed their government to neuter them long ago.

We've never been neutered - we were just never sex mad to start with

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First, I'm not against guns, we have a couple.

I'm only against the people who go around shooting other people, or the people that use them irresponsibly, or as toys.

Even though we have a couple, they just mostly sit in the safe, except if they come out for cleaning occasionally.

I could be wrong here, but isn't a safety mechanism on a gun partly to prevent it from going off if it falls or something?
Like if a cat was to jump up suddenly from a loud noise and knock the gun flying off the chair?

Although I guess if such a thing had happened, this thread wouldn't exist...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Oh, I don't know...I dated a lass from Ippswitch for some time, quite sex starved she was.
She said she wanted to marry me, but I would have to live in the UK which my career did not allow. Oh well. She was a good girl.

And she also had a P226, which was bought on the blackmarket.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Not true, actually. Your people were neutered after the Firearms Act of 1988 which made registration mandatory and banned all semi-automatic weapons. Within a year or two, the private ownership of all handguns was banned in Britain. This is exactly the road we’re on now in the US. You probably never owned a gun in your life, so, like I said, you can’t miss what you’ve never had.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

My .45 has four safeties on it.

The actual safety lever itself, the palm plate, my finger and my brain.

The brain is the most important safety of all in my opinion.

There is a saying in the the military. "Complacency kills." And believe me, it actually does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join