It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding The Pope`s Resignation, Can This One Be "Petrus Romanus", The Next And Last Pope ???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
PETER Kodwo Appiah Turkson, Archbishop of CAPE COAST and now cardinal of Ghana - en.wikipedia.org...

His Coat of arms shows some kind of fisherman ropes -

....Oh, he is on TOP of the list of preferences to be the next pope, btw.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Interesting that his coat of arms has Alpha-Omega on it. Anyone seen the old planet of the apes movies?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Very interesting, especially as if appointed he would become "Peter of Rome."

And there was me thinking, they would be hard pushed to find a Peter to fulfill the prophecy.

I wonder if there are any other Peter contenders?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well i think its very interesting to see the alpha and omega.

Also st peter was the first pope so it would be fitting for this peter to be the last
... In terms of the prophecy.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It looks like the Coat of arms is his own design.

Also interesting is view on the international financial sistem and criticism to IMF:

Reform of the international financial system In response to the global economic crisis started in 2008, Cardinal Turkson together with bishop Mario Toso elaborated a proposal to reform the international financial system by creating a Global Public Authority and a Global Bank that consider the interest of all developing countries. The document of 40 pages was officially presented in October 2011 and criticizes the actual structure of International Monetary Fund and other institutions.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Let`s look at his coat of arms a bit closer...

So we have Alpha and Omega (the beggining and THE END), we have the fisherman ropes, we have a sword, a castle on top of the water representing ??? and a couple more icons I`m not sure what it represents ....Any thoughts ?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I read years ago before conspiracy was only in james bond movies and I was a regular catholic church goer that the last pope would be a black man. I can't remember where i read it but i did remember about the prophesies of St malachy who is the patron saint of my (then) local catholic cathedral.
Peter Kodwo appiah Turkson is black, Interesting name too apart from the "peter romanus" link is that the name Turkson implies that his family are islamic converts somewhere down the line.
www.google.es...://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Peter_Turkson.jpg&i mgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File
eter_Turkson.jpg&h=210&w=196&sz=1&tbnid=sVnfd_sPajv-GM:&tbnh=186&tbnw=173&zoom=1&usg=__bKAisCiR5vbwqRzUbKO KYcaxu9g=&docid=yL6rm-BfQNLCqM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=6lQaUfPVOIiDhQeDuYDADg&ved=0CJUBEPwdMAo

Here is the prophesised list of popes from st malachy's time to the present pope.
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for starting this thread mate it should be very interesting.
edit on 12-2-2013 by discolo because: just cause

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Yeah, that`s also very interesting

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Well the first pope was called peter and this is the last pope according to st malachy.
Alpha and omega in greek i think means beginning and end, i think it's greek i'm sure i'll be corrected here if i'm wrong. Perhaps benedict is just speeding prophesy along.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Who will be the next pope? The contenders for Vatican's top job

Cardinal Peter Turkson A TV star, "people's person" and a "wonderful" priest, the Ghanaian cardinal emerging as a strong favourite for the papacy is described by colleagues in glowing terms. Peter Turkson, who is president of the Vatican's pontifical council for justice and peace, was made a cardinal by Pope John Paul II in 2003 after serving for almost 30 years as an ordained priest. Turkson was born on 11 October 1948 in Nsuta-Wassaw, a mining hub in Ghana's western region, to a Methodist mother and a Catholic father. He studied and taught in New York and Rome before being ordained to the priesthood in 1975. In 1992 he was appointed archbishop of Cape Coast, the former colonial capital of Ghana and a key diocese. As archbishop, Turkson was known for his human touch, colleagues said. "We love him," said Gabriel Charles Palmer-Buckle, the metropolitan archbishop of Accra, who was made archbishop in Ghana at the same time as Turkson and has known him since school. "For Ghanaians he was our first cardinal, and to be made cardinal in his 50s was a big feather in our cap. Since then he has shown himself to be a church leader and a young cardinal breaking new ground." The Rev Stephen Domelevo, from the Ghana Catholic communication office, said: "Cardinal Turkson is a wonderful person, very down to earth and humble. He lived in a simple way, and he was someone people felt very comfortable with. He is excellent at communicating scripture in a way that people really understand. He speaks many local languages – as well as European languages – and uses jokes and humour to really portray messages to people. He has that human touch." Turkson speaks his native Ghanaian language, Fante, as well as other Ghanaian languages and English, French, Italian, German and Hebrew, as well as understanding Latin and Greek. "Cardinal Turkson likes to be able to joke with people in their own languages," said Domelevo. "It would not surprise us in Ghana if he were to be the next pope. He has what it takes. It would really be a gift to the church." Turkson's popularity in west Africa has been boosted by his regular television appearances, particularly a weekly broadcast every Saturday morning on the state channel Ghana TV. He has maintained strong ties with his native country while carrying out his duties in the Vatican. "Cardinal Turkson has kept up his links with Ghana," said Palmer-Buckle. "He comes home as and when his duties allow. He has served as chairman of the national peace council, he has been on the board of our university – he is a very Ghanaian cardinal." However, Turkson has not been immune to controversy. He sparked outcry last year when he screened a YouTube film at an international meeting of bishops featuring alarmist predictions at the rise of Islam in Europe. The clip, titled Muslim Demographics, included claims such as: "In just 39 years France will be an Islamic republic." Benedict XVI also attracted the ire of Muslims after a 2006 lecture in Regensburg, his former university, in which he used a quotation to suggest that contributions made by the prophet Muhammad were "only evil and inhuman". Ghana, whose population is roughly 63% Christian – including around 11% Catholic – and 16% Muslim, is known for its relative tolerance and peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Christians. Colleagues in Ghana voiced approval for Turkson's stance on social matters, but said he would be unlikely to take the church in a radical direction on contentious issues such as abortion and contraception. In the past Turkson has not ruled out the use of condoms but advocated abstinence and fidelity, and treatment for HIV-infected people above spending and promoting the use of contraception. "In matters of scripture and morality, no leader of the church comes to change anything," said Palmer-Buckle. "But in pastoral matters, that is where the church has been much improved. When dealing with homosexual activity, it is morally wrong. The truth must be spoken but it must be spoken with compassion."

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting, Im not sure about predictions they always seem to lose steam and fizzle.

However I would love to play along, so lets see.

Regarding the three swords

en.wikipedia.org...
www.keen.com...

Usualy means loss and pain.... the plot thickens!!

What else could be hiding right in front of us?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here's an interesting webpage about the 10 Pope Prophecies.
www.bibleprobe.com...

Synchronicity is a wonderful thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I thought he was supposed to actually be from Rome, though. Also, anybody can take up the title "Peter" upon getting the Pope hat, right?

I mean, spooky Catholic prophecy aside, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy as the pope. He's got some very ethical views compared to the other popes. He doesn't rule out condoms, thinks that Africa should work more on equal rights for gay folks, and (brace yourselves) he believes in a world bank that also looks after the interests of third-world nations.

He sounds like my kind of guy and also fits most of the paranoid jabber about an NWO and one-world bank and all that jazz. Again, my kind of guy.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Yes, it's greek alphabet.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
Let`s look at his coat of arms a bit closer...

So we have Alpha and Omega (the beggining and THE END), we have the fisherman ropes, we have a sword, a castle on top of the water representing ??? and a couple more icons I`m not sure what it represents ....Any thoughts ?

Looks like a UFO at the top with family tree "ropes" hanging off both sides depicting his family is all aliens that come from space, UFO....

The castle depicts that aliens run the largest buildings (or businesses) in the world all stemmed from Aliens!!!

In my opinion.....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
People are overlooking the obvious here. The Pope takes a new name upon being elected. So if there is any truth to the prophecy, this guy won't be elected, as he would choose a name other than the name he currently goes by. It would be sorta spooky if the next Pope took the name of Peter, but I doubt anyone does.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thought I would look up the words on the arms..Vivere Christus est.

Here's what I got...

“Vivere Christus est” (“To live is Christ”) is a Latin phrase from St. Paul’s Letter to the Philippians. Written originally in Greek, the passage from which this quote is taken expresses Paul’s union with and dedication to Christ “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Paul is aware that all he has is a gift from God, and he places his life at the service of the Gospel.

Source

The second part which directly follows is et mori lucrum...which is "To die is gain"

Probably of no relavance whatsoever, but interesting to note the reference.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The cardenal hat does look like an UFO

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be his "chosen" name to fulfill the prophesy. There just needs to be a connection of some sort.

But since clearly the current pope is number 111, then the next one is 112. "Peter" will be in there somewhere. "Of Rome" could just that he's Pope, since the Papacy is in Rome.

It will be very interesting how this plays out.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
It doesn't have to be his "chosen" name to fulfill the prophesy. There just needs to be a connection of some sort....

EXACTLY

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join