It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Left in Poverty: No Pension, Healthcare or Protection!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Welcome to the land of dreams! The American dream....But it is a nightmare for those who served and gave their today for your tomorrow! Read on....

The US Navy SEAL who personally shot to death former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden says he has been neglected by the US government. The poverty-stricken ex-commando is now struggling to feed his family and pay for healthcare.

Despite killing America's most wanted man, the US Navy SEAL referred to only as “the Shooter” has transitioned back to a civilian life plagued by poverty. The Shooter, who remains anonymous, retired from the SEALs in September 2012, thirty-six months before the 20-year requirement for retirement benefits.

And the government makes no exceptions when it comes to retirement benefits – not even for one of the Americans responsible for striking the most crushing blow against al-Qaeda.

“What is [hard] to understand is that a man with hundreds of successful war missions, one of the most decorated combat veterans of our age, who capped his career by terminating bin Laden, has no landing pad in civilian life,” writes Phil Bronstein, Executive Chair of the Center for Investigative Reporting, for Esquire.

Aside from remaining anonymous and therefore lacking recognition from the American public, the US government appears to have forgotten the Shooter’s significance in the raid that killed the most wanted terrorist. Without a pension, healthcare, or any sort of government protection, the Shooter has been left in the dark by the agency he dedicated his life to.

Unsympathetically, he was told to look for a job driving a truck to make enough money to scrape by.

“[SEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee,” the Shooter said. Such a job would be a substantial downgrade from both his status and estimated $54,000 salary as a Navy SEAL.

Left without retirement benefits, the Shooter is now purchasing a private health insurance plan for $486 per month, which provides minimal coverage and fails to cover his chiropractic care.

“My health care for me and my family stopped,” he said. “I asked if there was some transition from my Tricare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said no. You’re out of service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your sixteen years. Go f*ck yourself.”

“No one who fights for this country overseas should ever have to fight for a job,” Obama said. “Or a roof over their head, or the care that they have earned when they come home.”

But the Shooter is fighting – financially, physically and emotionally. With a body full of scars, arthritis, tendonitis, eye damage and blown disks, the SEAL is in desperate need of medical care.

Is this how America treats its heroes?

More...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
S & F from me... I detest this kind of neglect.

so many are left by the wayside and after they come back heros become zeros and are soon forgotten.

sad but true.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Surely people don't believe that Seal Team 6 actually killed Bin Laden?

We still do not have a shred of evidence and now we have an 'anonymous' person claiming that he was the one that shot Bin Laden.

More propaganda... zzzzzzzzz....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

We still do not have a shred of evidence and now we have an 'anonymous' person claiming that he was the one that shot Bin Laden.

Really? Then who killed Bin Laden? The Martians? Wake up and smell the coffee so you start thinking straight.

Your logic is so convoluted it isn't even funny. I know this is a conspiracy forum but that doesn't mean you post trash!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelSF

Really? Then who killed Bin Laden? The Martians? Wake up and smell the coffee so you start thinking straight.

Your logic is so convoluted it isn't even funny. I know this is a conspiracy forum but that doesn't mean you post trash!

What evidence have they provided that they killed Bin Laden?

link   

Someone smells the coffee, and it isn't who is believing the official story.

Please..... do you people really think it all played out the way "proven" liars have said it did?
I believe Bin Laden died in late 2001, it makes the most sense. Chase the invisible boogeyman forever, spend endlessly chasing him, pocket most of that money, then when it gets old, pretend to kill him off by replacing him with 1 of 1000s of look-a-likes in that area.

To believe the mainstream OS is to say, "I want to die before 65 so the gov't can keep my social security that they already spent." Well good news.... you will! All you have to do is keep believing everything they say, do what they recommend, and of course, "just get your damned vaccines."

edit on 12-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Look, I'm not going to talk about what I may or may not have done, but when I got out my Command got me a job at an Insurance Company. It paid better then advertised. This guy should have taken the job. If Command sets you up with a job, then they're also setting you up with some lines of protection too. This guy didn't take the job because of pride, then too bad for him.

“[SEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee,” the Shooter said. Such a job would be a substantial downgrade from both his status and estimated $54,000 salary as a Navy SEAL.

I guess he thought his status was more important then real life. The truth is if he was worried about his status he should have stayed in the Navy, but I can understand why he wanted out. It's a shame that he didn't take the time to figure out that leaving active duty ment leaving behind his silent glory he earned as a SEAL.

54K though thats not bad cash, if he wanted more he could have signed on to one of those security outfits that pay for military backgrounds.

link   

Things are even worse: Not only are heroes not acknowledged but contemporary paranoid mindset (CPM) would tell you that Bin Laden was the hero or a "false flag" or not taken out by NAVY SEALS. CPM creates an alternate reality in which nothing is real and nothing matters....not only on "conspiracy websites" but in much of modern "academia" and "youth culture" as well. Neglecting heroes is just a small symptom of the overall decline in education and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Things are even worse: Not only are heroes not acknowledged but contemporary paranoid mindset (CPM) would tell you that Bin Laden was the hero or a "false flag" or not taken out by NAVY SEALS. CPM creates an alternate reality in which nothing is real and nothing matters....not only on "conspiracy websites" but in much of modern "academia" and "youth culture" as well. Neglecting heroes is just a small symptom of the overall decline in education and knowledge.

The hero requires a villain I guess and what better way than to concoct the Seal Team 6 story of killing Bin Laden to make the American public 'feel protected' by their great and glorious government.

Again, where is the evidence that they actually killed Bin Laden?

They allegedly had the body and dumped it in the ocean?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
this has been posted about 10 times lol

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For some laughs:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree that REAL heroes are shunned and never acknowledged.

To throw everyone who doesn't believe the Seal Team 6 story has "CPM" or whatever that is, is just not accurate. I don't believe the OS for over 90% of what we are told, not because I have some alphabet "disease", but because I've lived life.

I've been dragged through the real world, not the world that's portrayed on TV... 2 completely different realities. One is unspoken publicly but is worse than you can imagine, the other is light, fluffy, & always makes the good guys win in the end.

Ask the persecuted/prosecuted whistle blowers of the world if they have a paranoia disorder.
A few might, but the majority do suffer from a disease... it's called "the official story" disease.

edit on 12-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

here ya go, admitted by a world leader in 2007
they may have killed someone, possibly his CIA double, but the origional was already dead

edit on 12-2-2013 by munkey66 because: added content

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Why did he got out 36 months before retirement? That's what I'd like to know, if he didn't do the full 20 to retire, thn he doesn't deserve a retirement package.
I'm a veteran myself and I support fellow vets 100%, but why did he get out early?
If he got hurt and it's service connected, then he's entitled to file for VA disability

ETA:

But the Shooter is fighting – financially, physically and emotionally. With a body full of scars, arthritis, tendonitis, eye damage and blown disks, the SEAL is in desperate need of medical care.

Yup, he should file for VA disability
edit on 2/12/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Why did he got out 36 months before retirement? That's what I'd like to know, if he didn't do the full 20 to retire, thn he doesn't deserve a retirement package.
I'm a veteran myself and I support fellow vets 100%, but why did he get out early?
If he got hurt and it's service connected, then he's entitled to file for VA disability
I couldn't agree more. Like I said I can understand why he may have wanted out, but he should have weighed the facts of leaving before doing it. I'm sure he could have gotten a "lightduty" job if he had such little time left. Like a quiet job at the US Naval Academy, or some other out of the way place, but instead he chose to leave and not take a job. Now after complaining about all this, I bet he's under watch for being a possible treat to national security. (no I don't think he's going to do anything, but the fact that he has little to nothing right now means that he is "could" be bought off by a foreign nationals for intel on the Special Forces tactics)

Yeah, he should file for VA Medical Comp. I bet he could make a case for 70%
edit on 12-2-2013 by Guyfriday because: Saw an updated edit on a quoted post.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The Bin Laden story is just that, a story. A fairytale. Absolute nonsense. And who even knows whether this story is true? There’s no evidence whatsoever to support either. Why is he remaining anonymous? The sniper with the most confirmed kills in the military history was widely known, why not this guy?

Very convient to have dropped Bin Laden’s body in the ocean. When pressured to release an actual photo of his corpse when on the ship due to a “lack of respect and it would incite extremist violence” and a threat to national security. Also it was too graphic. What nonsense!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
The Bin Laden story is just that, a story. A fairytale. Absolute nonsense. And who even knows whether this story is true? There’s no evidence whatsoever to support either. Why is he remaining anonymous? The sniper with the most confirmed kills in the military history was widely known, why not this guy?

Very convient to have dropped Bin Laden’s body in the ocean. When pressured to release an actual photo of his corpse when on the ship due to a “lack of respect and it would incite extremist violence” and a threat to national security. Also it was too graphic. What nonsense!

I could not agree with you more brother.

It's like the Obama administration have somehow mesmerised the American public and they believe their BS. Maybe its because they want to believe it? Or need to believe it?

To truth would shatter their world view. A different paradigm of thinking is obviously too much for them, at least for now.

Their paradigm of thinking might not change until the government has them eating from a straw in a 'special' camp.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Enough already about Bin Laden and who, or if he was shot. The OP is bringing up an issue that has more to do with how Vets are treated after they leave active service. I truely believe that more can be done for people that have provided special service for our country, but in the case of this guy I think he should just get counciling for his issues first.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The guy should be able to find a job as security contractor. I bet he will plenty of offers after this report get around. But I agree he should have stayed in till retirement and taken an easier job. He should write a book is what I am thinking hell I would buy it. The guy who took down Bin Laden should have more than a few stories to tell. He could even get a job as a consultant for Hollywood or as high paid security guard. His resume is bad arse.

As a veteran myself he has my full respect.

Sorry deniers we don’t really give a damn what you think your minds are too screwed up for us to care.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
Enough already about Bin Laden and who, or if he was shot. The OP is bringing up an issue that has more to do with how Vets are treated after they leave active service. I truely believe that more can be done for people that have provided special service for our country, but in the case of this guy I think he should just get counciling for his issues first.

The veteran is 'anonymous' and it is obvious that they did not kill Bin Laden, so I call BS on the whole story.

The story serves two purposes:

1) It tries to reinforce the meme that the Obama administration got their 'boogey man'.
2) It is deliberately designed to try and agitate the veterans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join