It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's 100% Proof That FOX News Are Straight Up Lying, Corporate Shills.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im not reading the OP's thread cuz its obvious where his political agendas shine

But I have 100% proof that abc and cnn doesnt know what they are talking about either

ABC: ID'd the wrong shooter during the Sandy Hook incident

CNN: claims the asteroid on friday is going to hit earth because of global warming

they are all wrong... so stop pointing fingers at just fox news

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Im not reading the OP's thread cuz its obvious where his political agendas shine

But I have 100% proof that abc and cnn doesnt know what they are talking about either

ABC: ID'd the wrong shooter during the Sandy Hook incident

CNN: claims the asteroid on friday is going to hit earth because of global warming

they are all wrong... so stop pointing fingers at just fox news

maybe people are pointing fingers because F news comes right out and says "fair and balanced" over and over and over.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Did you note the topic of this thread? I don't see MSNBC mentioned there. You did?

Could you be honest for 5 minutes?
Can't you see the " hypocrisy " of pointing out a mistake made by Fox News
and then "lying by omission" by pretending the other news networks are NOT
biased and make mistakes also?

Be honest. Is NBC a corporate shill for General Electric?
Has MSNBC done any " Straight Up Lying" on that 911 Tape?

It is intellectually dishonest to declare ALL OTHER NETWORKS off limits
because they are not mentioned in the " Topic of this thread."
edit on 11-2-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I'm POSITIVE there are many threads about that. Those would be the area to address that topic. As it is it sounds like, "I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I?......" Damn it's tedious.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm POSITIVE there are many threads about that. Those would be the area to address that topic. As it is it sounds like, "I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I?......" Damn it's tedious.

Let me repeat myself.
It is intellectually dishonest to declare all other networks OFF LIMITS just
because you desire a Trash Fox News Only thread.

It would be different if i made an OFF TOPIC post on this thread about
crop circles. This thread is about major news networks.
Fox News, NBC, ABC, CNN etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Let me repeat myself.

It would be different if i made an OFF TOPIC post on this thread like

that's what this thread is, .....what?.... now nobody here can bash F news without having some type of equivalency???? read the title, it's in english, and does not use big words.
i can be as biased as i want to, i try not to, but your tone somehow reflects this great liberal bias in political threads on ATS, which i find to be the exact opposite....maybe what is needed is a "thread" that shows how many "bash the liberals" starter OP's are on this site.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Let me repeat myself.

The title of this thread is:

Here's 100% Proof That FOX News Are Straight Up Lying, Corporate Shills

So yes. Trying to turn it into a "But little Timmy down the road does it" thread is off topic.

Although I must thank you for proving that only the Right Wing flood to a propaganda channel. Making Fox the highest viewed, so called, News channel.

Thankfully the rest of us are more discerning .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Listening to NPR radio for a few minutes, I listened to them gloss over almost every current US issue....I spit my coffe out when they said, "200 more layoffs in "bumfck" USA, but it turns out to be good news because some of them were able to start their own businesses." WTF

Propoganda is LEGAL and RAMPANT. Hold your ears.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
.maybe what is needed is a "thread" that shows how many "bash the liberals" starter OP's are on this site.

You know, that would be a very interesting thread.

Especially if it could include the ratio of Liberal to Conservative posters who got banned at the back end of last year.

Sorry for being off topic OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Let me repeat myself.

So yes. Trying to turn it into a "But little Timmy down the road does it" thread is off topic.

Although I must thank you for proving that only the Right Wing flood to a propaganda channel. Making Fox the highest viewed, so called, News channel.

Whining about a balanced MSNBC Straight Up Lying fact is adolescent.
BTW, is ABC a " Corporate Shill " for Disney?

Did MSNBC "Straight Up Lie" about editing the 911 tape?

These phases are used in the Thread Topic.
I decided to pass on the crop circle opinions.

Based on the top post on this page you are failing to teach people how to think.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, that I'm not surprised.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well anyone with an IQ over 6 kinda knew that, but more evidence doesn't hurt. Sadly, most "news entertainment" is just corporate shill BS, Faux just happens to be the worst.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Then you shouldn't comment..your only stating how you prefer ignorance over reading.
Political agenda? So you suggest then that by exposing a media outlet's intentional deception, it = a attack on a political party.
Which means you fully admit that Fox News is nothing more than a tool for said political party...

Gotcha.
So..what brings you to ATS? Surely isn't the motto.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
all mainstream news is mere infotainment. i don't trust any of them.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Then you shouldn't comment..your only stating how you prefer ignorance over reading.
Political agenda? So you suggest then that by exposing a media outlet's intentional deception, it = a attack on a political party.
Which means you fully admit that Fox News is nothing more than a tool for said political party...

Gotcha.
So..what brings you to ATS? Surely isn't the motto.

He shouldn't comment?

You remind me of a college professor i once had.
He believed in the diversity of everything except thought.

Shout down and silence all opposition.
Sounds kinda adolescent. Doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I agree with the others. Fox News spins Right.... MSNBC and others spin Left.

You make it sound as though this is the only difference. And I have to say that if fox news was ever "fair and balanced" it was many, many years ago. Well before 9/11.

While I agree that all mainstream media lies to one degree or another, and supports and/or pushes political agendas, I have seen lots of reason to believe that Fox is the worst offender. To say that they are no worse than the others, I feel, is naive.

Fox News has fired reporters for being unwilling to lie on air, and they have won a court case-- basically giving them freedom to lie on the grounds that they are "infotainment" not "news." . At present, there are entire websites out there devoted to pointing out incidents where Fox was engaged in corporate shilling, outright lies, skewing of data for purposes of misrepresentation, and other unethical practices-- with innumerable examples.

If you can find for me incidents just as bad for other networks like CNN or MSNBC, and/or nearly as high a volume of incidents of deceit and unethical behavior as Fox, I'll change my tune. In the meantime I'll not hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Wow! That took 2 seconds to find NBC and their "editgate" technique.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have always wondered......for all the FOX haters, do you consider the liberal commentators idiots and liars as well? I mean in the progressive world, do people like Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Kirsten Powers, Alan Colmes, Sally Kohn, Geraldo, Dennis Kucinich, Susan Estrich, Marc Lamont Hill, just to name a few, carry zero credibility? Do you think they are double agents maybe? ...and when administration officials appear on various shows and give their opinions - even on shows like O'Reilly - where does that get filed? All lies? When snippets of the Fast and Furious debacle first came out no one else was covering it (I read it first here on ATS) and I suppose that was a lie too? ...until it wasn't and other news stations reluctantly started to give some airtime to the issue.

Don't get me wrong, I echo the sentiments that all TV news stinks - ALL. It's about money and then agenda. But we do seem to love picking on one over all others don't we?

To iwilliam's comment, I found this while quickly looking up what he was talking about. Thought it may be interesting so here is a snippet and the link:

Clearly, the story that FOX News got a court ruling in favor of its right to “lie” in its news broadcasts has become something of a talking point among the cable news channel’s detractors. There’s only one problem – the story as popularly told is completely false, and is based almost exclusively on hysteria, hyperbole, and half-truths.
Further details on Akre and Wilson case

This is not to imply Fox News has never lied, just relating to the specific story.
edit on 2/11/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Let me repeat myself.

Whining about a balanced MSNBC Straight Up Lying fact is adolescent.

The only whining so far has been from Foxophiles. Do you have a crush on Megan Kelly?

BTW, is ABC a " Corporate Shill " for Disney?

Don't know. I suppose "Poison Arrow" could have been released to promote the Robin Hood cartoon.

Did MSNBC "Straight Up Lie" about editing the 911 tape?

Yep, but still irrelevant

These phases are used in the Thread Topic.

No. They were not.

I decided to pass on the crop circle opinions.

Probably for the best.

Based on the top post on this page you are failing to teach people how to think.

Who is trying to teach whom how to think?

Slow Wednesday:
The Five : 1,946,000 Viewers
Chris Matthews : 730,000 Viewers???

The ratings are not dropping on The Five.
They are skyrocketing!
Now is not the time to spell the end of Fox News.
The true numbers say otherwise.

All of the Fox News " truths " has them far ahead in the ratings. Look at the chart.

Yes, i am a Fox News viewer.

would never have guessed.

edit on 11-2-2013 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Although the OP is correct, he is missing the bigger picture. ALL Major Mass Media News Networks are propaganda based. Why? Because 99% of it comes from the same two news sources.
The Associated Press
And Reuters

So yes, ALL of these "News" stations, corporations, companies, collectives etc. get 99% of their news from either the AP or Reuters.

When you have two dedicated news channels 24/7 (CNN and Fox News being the largest ones) and they pull all of their information from the AP / Reuters one wonders how it would NOT be susceptible to corruption and/or propaganda.

Look at the AP itself - I quote from Wikipedia:

In January 2008, the Associated Press sued competitor All Headline News (AHN) claiming that AHN allegedly infringed on its copyrights and a contentious 'quasi-property' right to facts.[19][20] The AP complaint asserted that AHN reporters had copied facts from AP news reports without permission and without paying a syndication fee.

"Quasi-property" right to facts. The sheer implication of this should stagger anyone. A nonprofit news reporting agency sued another one over their supposed "right to facts"? That's just one example - there are more.

The point being is that you must look at the SOURCE of the information (not sources from a traditional sense, but rather, the source of the report itself) and then ask yourself how easy it would be for any number of three letter agencies, the administration or even members of congress to "bend the story" or "make something up".

Furthermore, anyone that would trust one single source of information is setting themselves up failure. Always verify something from multiple sources. Don't be misled into thinking something is true because you saw it on the LA times, SD Union Tribue, CNN, and the Washington Post when in reality all of those outlets got the story from the AP or Reuters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join