It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic Finger Object Found on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I expected to find a thread on this already, but couldn't, I used to search function and browsed the Space Exploration Forum so appologies if I am double posting. Anyway a picture paints a thousand words so here it is.

There is a daily fail article here, I am not going to quote them because it is all pure conjecture, but if you want to look then here is the link.

www.dailymail.co.uk... t-sticking-rock.html#axzz2KOQ4OFfl

I personally am at loss at to say what I think it is, it certainly looks metallic and it certainly has been erroding at a slower rate than that of the materials around it. But do I think this is synthetically made? of that I have no idea and was hoping to see some opinions on this from the experts, but alas I could not find a thread. I am actually leaning towards it being something natural as it is pertruding out of a rock, but there is the possibility it has been put there by a living entity. What do you guys think?
edit on 9-2-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
There is a thread on this I believe but someone said it was a lizard or whatever ill see if I can find a link

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Arken already covered it. It was some sort of 'crature'

Thread

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
SilentE beat me too it .. Damn you!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Thanks, I suspected there would be a thread on this. Obviously though my search criteria mode was obviously not set to outlandish.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by SilentE

Thanks, I suspected there would be a thread on this. Obviously though my search criteria mode was obviously not set to outlandish.

That made me burst out laughing!
My missus and boy just looked at me like I was mad!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

reply to post by SilentE

How/why did you get six stars for that post!? lol
Incredible... smh

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

If you can make the world laugh you are a superstar! I gave him another star because it made me laugh. We all need a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Looks like an itty bitty ball peen hammer to me or maybe a car mounted on a pedestal with the headlights pointed down and the trunk in the air but at 0.5 cm tall it is tiny.

Cigaretteman also posted about it here. I lay no fault on you for missing it in search, I also have posted articles that have already been posted after a search. The search engine here is not all that great and seriously needs a revamp ... just my opinion.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

...I personally am at loss at to say what I think it is, it certainly looks metallic and it certainly has been erroding at a slower rate than that of the materials around it. But do I think this is synthetically made? of that I have no idea...

As others have said, there are a couple of threads regarding this object.

Some people think it is a living creature, but it shows up in the exact same location in several pictures taken over several days time, at over a period of at least nine days. That leads me to believe it is part of the landscape (plus it even looks to be part of the rock, not just on the rock).

Just as you suggested, some people on those other threads have suggested it is a piece of some harder rock or metallic ore that is eroding more slowly than the surrounding stone. One person suggested it could be a fulgurite, which is a portion of rock melted by a lightning bolt. That fulgurite could be denser than the surrounding rock, and thus erode more slowly.

I suggested that it could also possibly be an ancient metallic meteor that became part of the sedimentary rock.

edit on 2/9/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks for the reply, that seems to just about sum it up for me, if it was anything more than that NASA certainly wouldn't have released it in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

Thread

Just came across this post and had to smile when reading about that "crature" again. I think Arken deserves a merit or prize for having chosen such a 'dramatic' title for that thread!!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

Thread

Just came across this post and had to smile when reading about that "crature" again. I think Arken deserves a merit or prize for having chosen such a 'dramatic' title for that thread!!

top topics

join