It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As an American, I'm curious, why do I not have a right to seek asylum?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As a United States citizen, I should be entitled to seek asylum away from the tyrant rule of the American Government.

Rights of asylum (sometimes called political asylum, from the Greek: ἄσυλον[1]) is an ancient juridical notion, under which a person persecuted for political opinions or religious beliefs in his or her own country may be protected by another sovereign authority, a foreign country, or church sanctuaries (as in medieval times).

en.wikipedia.org...

As a Libertarian, I have been persecuted for my political opinions by Liberals. As a Christian, I have been persecuted for my religious beliefs by the politically correct. As a man, I have been persecuted based on my sex by feminists. As a Caucasian, I have been persecuted based on my race in favor of minorities.

I am the citizen of a war-torn nation that has been locked in conflict for over 10 years. A Government that tortures and kills it's own citizens. A country that holds the world's largest prison population. A people that murder their unborn children in the millions.

We are forced to drink fluoride, consume GMO and other poisons like Aspartame while injecting ourselves with Mercury through vaccines to even hold employment. Autism and Cancer are on the steepest rise in the history of our species. Poverty and homelessness an epidemic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
where would you want to go? send their embassy a letter asking for asylum from the US for political prosecution as well as religious.. See what they say.

Oh yah also you aren't forced to eat or drink any of those things but most people cant afford not to that is the problem.
edit on 31-1-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You have every right to seek asylum in any nation you want. You simply have to find a nation willing to look at an American citizen as a persecuted victim of anything they'll officially classify.

Good luck on that one....but nothing would stop you to my knowledge, if you did.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would like to go to Antarctica and live with the Eskimos.

Is there an Eskimonian embassy?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Iran will grant you asylum

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

I quite agree - as a british citizen I can't either - why not ?? It seems to me that the only way to gain residence these days is via the 'asylum ' system.

I am being serious - why can't I arrive in Canada or America and say 'asylum' and get residence etc.
edit on 31-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wish i could move to dubai! but it is like extra super freaking hott there but I like what they are doing out there.. plus gas and sports cars are cheap.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

Well, you do.

Really, anyone can seek asylum anywhere, but that does not mean you will be granted asylum.

For that to happen the country (or embassy thereof) in which you seek asylum must agree that the country from which you are seeking protection really are persecuting you. So go visit Iran or North Korea, and I am sure you will get such a request granted.

But it kind of sounds like you ask why you as an American cannot get asylum in America. That doesn't make sense though, as asylum does not equal immunity but is merely a way around normal immigration procedures of a given country.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Is there an Eskimonian embassy? [/quote
edit on 31-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

shhh

details, details.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I felt bad and took it down.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I don't know, have you tried to seek asylum in my country?
Also, aren't you exaggerating a little?

Part of my family was politically persecuted during NS rule under a real tyrant, and barely survived.
The circumstances in the U.S. (as bad as they are today) still seem paradisiacal to me in comparison.
edit on 31-1-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Antarctica is under international treaties that strictly prohibit human habitation on a permanent basis...if you're at all serious. This might be of interest either way though...

Each year the United States deploys to Antarctica about 600 people to perform scientific research and about 1,800 people to operate and maintain year-round research stations and provide logistics in support of this re- search. These persons include research teams from academia, industry, and government, military personnel, and contractor employees.

The National Science Foundation is the federal agency responsible for funding and managing U.S. activities in Antarctica, but the Foundation does not directly hire individuals. They are selected by participating organizations and institutions as described below. Successful applicants will have been prepared through specialized study, training, or experience in polar- related topics. Opportunities fall into these categories:
Source

Just don't plan to bring anything like deodorant or much of anything not approved. The approved list is a whole lot shorter and easier to read than what is banned from 'The Ice' as it's referred to.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

As a United States citizen, I should be entitled to seek asylum away from the tyrant rule of the American Government.

You do have that right, what makes you claim you dont?

Again, what makes you think you dont? Exactly which countries have you applied for asylum in? Or do you just prefer to sit home and have a whine?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I prefer to sit at home and have a whine.

Honestly, none. I was simply curious. I haven't heard of anyone actually doing this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Maybe this can point you in the right direction.

OOP'S
edit on 31-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I was simply curious. I haven't heard of anyone actually doing this.

Well, why would anyone want to? Just what country do you think would be better?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

did you know that the rothschilds own some of antarctica?
the silly bastards probably tax the penguins there.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

To answer you in a serious way, since you are asking seriously...my understanding of why this isn't done is fairly simple. First, don't assume it isn't, but you wouldn't want to go to the nation's who would likely take you under those conditions.

The problem is that any nation taking you as a U.S. citizen is telling the State Department and White House that America is so crappy, they're willing to take our refugees. Now most nations don't get too offended or just don't care when it's done. Some probably want to thank nations like ours for taking the ones who don't even want to be there.

In our case though? The U.S. cares everything for it's image...so it would have serious payback to a nation that did such a thing and saw it become public to make fools of the Government. (Okay..to make BIGGER fools..) So who may? Cuba (maybe..they're getting concessions and improved relations ..may not want to risk it right now), Venezuela, Iran, North Korea...MAYBE China or Russia depending on who you are and why. You'd just have to remember, it would be a one way trip forever. Family? Friends? Goodbye to all of them unless they came to see you, I'd say.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I wouldn't say that you have been persecuted. I too am a Christian and Libertarian, and I have yet to face the threat of jail or death because of it, although I believe we aren't too far from that day. You can always renounce your US citizenship and move to another country where you believe you will have more liberty. That may work for a while, but the problem with globalism is that it is a cancer upon the entire planet and there really is no way to escape it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join