It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As an American, I'm curious, why do I not have a right to seek asylum?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
I would like to go to Antarctica and live with the Eskimos.

Is there an Eskimonian embassy?

Wrong pole.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Wrong pole.

Made my day.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Im sure the Romans thought about this too.

Then they realized, the entire civilized world is Rome.
So they had to stand their ground and undermine the system where they were at.

OP makes good points and to me, its another indirect evidence revealing this farce for what it really is.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You don't even know who lives where, and you expect to seek asylum....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure that if you rocked up to any country on the planet and said "Boo hoo my country is persecuting me, let me live with you guys." they'd look at where you live, and slap you silly for being a git.

Then send you to some place where persecution really exists and tell you to see how it really is.

Whiny spoilt people...

lol

And who said the Eskimos would want you? You do know it's pretty cold there. More persecution. Or, things you just don't much like particularly.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

And who said the Eskimos would want you? You do know it's pretty cold there. More persecution. Or, things you just don't much like particularly.

I thought it would kinda be like this...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well you could always immigrate from here to another country, but keep in mind it's not like moving from Iowa to California, get home sick and just move back......

Or can it?

Here's an idea: move to say, Mexico. Immigrate to there and become a Mexican national.

Then sneak back here to American as a illegal. Make sure you move to some place like Chicago, because very soon you'll be able to get a drivers license, no problem.

Oh, and you'll qualify for all sorts of social programs that were denied to you before, including paid education.

You can work and not pay taxes.....how about that?

Wait.....forget I said anything.

Now where did I put that Mexico travel book and that spanish language book?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I hear Mars is taking political refugees, and then of course there is always the Bermuda Triangle.

Yeah we all agree this country sucks, but there are plenty of other places a hell of a lot worse.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

As a United States citizen, I should be entitled to seek asylum away from the tyrant rule of the American Government.

You do have that right, what makes you claim you dont?

As an American, I'm curious, why do I not have a right to seek asylum?

Again, what makes you think you dont? Exactly which countries have you applied for asylum in? Or do you just prefer to sit home and have a whine?

No he doesn't - if he turned up at Heathrow like the millions of others do, and said ' asylum' they would laugh at him. He would get refused.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Oh poor you. Poor poor poor you. Your country has wrecked this world. You and every one of you should be forced to remain inside it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Once upon a time, back in the dark ages of the 1960's and early 1970's, U.S. males of draft age could and did seek asylum in Canada and were by and large welcomed. Assange was offered political asylum by Ecuador in this decade. It seems a bit odd to seek asylum when emigration to another country is relatively easy if you have a passport, a transportation ticket, and of course, money.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Not that anyone would read this, as so many individual say they want the truth but fact is they do not. However I will try to explain this in the simplest terms, not that you’re going to believe me but have threads here on ATS that will help those truly interested in the facts and not the hype.

US Citizens, question of asylum using the ops definition, we see words but have little understanding of the definitions of such words in law. First we see juridical notion so we understand that it is referring to law, second in his or her own country, by law the USA or any form there of is NOT and never was a Country so if it’s the USA that is persecuting a citizen they have no right to asylum as the persecuting entity is NOT a country.

Now what many people don’t understand and many will say that is just nuts what you mean the USA is not a country, simply look it up in any law dictionary to find that what I am saying is fact. There is a way however out of the system, a means to claim asylum if you will to a sovereign authority, a foreign country or church its known in law as expatriation this law was set down by congress prior the passing of the 14th A as the 13th Amendment does not allow involuntary servitude, it however says nothing about not placing oneself into servitude voluntarily and that is exactly what all USA citizens have done. Your rightful country by law is the STATE in which you were born such as New Jersey, California, Florida and so on…the Union is made up of 50 individual Countries by law.

Many may have heard of expatriation, the mistake they make is they expat outside of the Union for they do not understand that each State is a Country that you can expatriate to, there is a lawful process to accomplish this my threads will help educate you on this remedy proved in law and recognized at all levels, its is the ONLY lawful path to remove one from the body politic of the USA democracy de facto and place one back into the rightful lawful republic de jure the Union was founded on.

For more information please look me up here on ATS, blogtalk radio on FreedomReigns network radio show title Community and the Constitution here is my show page link with the first four shows and study links to get you started thank you.
www.freedomreigns.us...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

There are no eskimos in Antarctica.. Only scientists and researchers.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitingRogue
Oh poor you. Poor poor poor you. Your country has wrecked this world. You and every one of you should be forced to remain inside it.

You are on this planet too.

Notice you seem to be stuck here too.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

Eskimoans dont have embassies , just hop on the 1st boat to antarctica - my mate Quinn [ the eskimo ] will be waiting for you - he will be the one riding a polar bear - Quinn will sort you out

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's called emigration.

Stop moaning and put your balls with your mouths (not meant it the way it sounds) and get on and do it or be silent.

I get sick of people moaning about their own country, any country and their still residing in it. Shut up or leave is the best advice I can give.

I bet everyone who says what you do do not spend any time helping others in your community, give free time, use your own money if need be, and focus on doing good. You probably sit on your ass at home, all day, on ATS, waiting for some money instead of getting out there and creating it, and moaning whoa is me. Am I right?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No disrespect but you don’t have a no clue about persecution and repression. I suggest you travel outside of the US and the liberal west and take a fact finding holiday in a nation which is less(ahem) free. People like you demean and denigrate real oppressed people who live in fear and subjectation.

Like I said, travel. Start with China, and on the way pop into Iran (if they will let you in), and take a gander at Pakistan, all Middle Eastern nations and Africa and on, and on.

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

No disrespect but you don’t have a no clue about persecution and repression. I suggest you travel outside of the US and the liberal west and take a fact finding holiday in a nation which is less(ahem) free. People like you demean and denigrate real oppressed people who live in fear and subjectation.

Like I said, travel. Start with China, and on the way pop into Iran (if they will let you in), and take a gander at Pakistan, all Middle Eastern nations and Africa and on, and on.

Regards

So I should start with China where American business is given perks to ships our jobs to because they're too cheap to pay minimum wage and then go to Iran and all the middle eastern nations that are the way they are because my Government wants to play world police?

Just so we're clear here. There are no jobs in America because we ship them to China and we have 16 trillion dollars in debt because of endless war in the middle east caused mostly by CIA created terrorist organizations... and yet somehow, even through all that, I should sit here and wave an American flag and be thankful that I'm free?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
why can't I arrive in Canada or America and say 'asylum' and get residence etc.[

How do you know you cannot? Have you tried to do it? Then how do you know that you cannot....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
I get sick of people moaning about their own country, any country and their still residing in it. Shut up or leave is the best advice I can give.

Do you really think that they would shut up in their new country? They would moan about their new country as well, complaining how things are different to where they come from....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join