It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ok i have this really weird kid in my history class who is in love with reptiles. She told me this really weird story on dragons. She believes in dragons.

She said dragons evolved from a fish with 6 arms or something like arms. They were the first fish that could breather oxygen and keep it in their systems. She said when they evolved they were so light that they just floated, because of all of the oxygen in their bodies. I didnt exactly get how 6 arms turned into 2 wings, 2 feet, and the rest of the body.

She says that dragons are very adept at blending into their surrondings. Kind of like the secret invisible plains the us government has. She says they are so adept that you could be standing next to one and you wouldnt know it was there.

She also said there was more than just fire breathing dragons, there were also acid dragons, and ice dragons, and many more.

She said the reason dragon remains are never found is that all of the oxygen in their bodies causes their bones to decompose in less then a week.

Can someone please help me put some sense in to this girl. I have an open mind, but not that open.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
smack her???

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Have you seen the parents?, I-love-p.?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Alternatively, tell her she's a very, very bad girl: order her to lear all the Presidents and vice-presidents and their dates by heart over the weekend and threaten to give her home e-mail address to Tyler and FreeMason.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Okay...here we go:

2mg of Lorazapam - will calm her down

2mg of Haliprindol - will knock her out.

Send her to me in a nice rubber box and i will put her in the local State Hospital for psyciatric evaluation.

This ain't a joke....i can do this!

Either that...smother her in ketchup and leave her outside a dragons lair and keep notes of what happens!

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
...about a guy who is a dragon and eat the dreams of the peoples he meet.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
aspects of Dragonheart (i.e. the blending into surroundings), with Dungeons and Dragons (varying breath weapons based on varying types of dragons). To show my geekness here, White Dragons breathe Ice, and Black Dragons breath Acid...
Confront her with this, and then see what she says...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Agree there Gazrok

She also sounds like she is combining stuff from the film Reign of Fire!

Is this lassie a nutter?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Same as UFO's, God, Etc. There is no proof to deny or to accept the existance of dragons.. keep an open mind.

One word

Kimodo

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ArcAngel.....

I believe in dragons!!!!!

It's just that the first part about the oxygen in the dragons bones made them diappear quicker....that made me skeptical!

I have a very open mind....if you look under my username you see that i have DragonWeyr....

Thats what the Dragon soulmates are called in Anne McCaffreys books!

Oh....Komodo....is that the Japanese large lizard?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
DID exist in one form or another up till medieval times, but were vanishing even then, and during that time, were made extinct.

However, this girl's ideas about dragons seem wacked...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Pizza,
Give me her address and I will come to Scottsdale and set her straight. I am an expert and have helped out many a band member and countless drama students.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
KOmodo- Indonesian, Gryffen.
I think this girl may be combining elements of various stories/ movies with childhood (we don't know her age of course) imagination: kids are good -if that is the mot juste- at this: many of us will be familiar with the "invisible friend" syndrome in childhood.
On the other hand, this may simple be congenital insanity.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The Estragonettes were raised with an unhealthy amount of Barney and a cassette that included "Puff the Magic Dragon". What damage Estragon may have caused -albeit unwittingly - will forever haunt Estragon after this thread.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
actually gazrok your not geeky cause you got them wrong,
Green dragon breaths acid
Black dragon breaths choking smog
white dragon breaths ice freezing its enimies
red dragons breaths fire
blue dragons breath lightning
also ther is 3 types of dragon
dragon
great dragon
emporer dragon
lol see im a nerd tooooo

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm right, you're wrong

Going from Dungeons and Dragons,

Greens breathe poison gas,
Blacks breathe acid
Whites breathe ice
Reds breathe fire
Blues breathe electricity

And that's just the chromatics....then there's the metallics....(Gold, Bronze, Silver, Copper, etc.) which have combo breath weapons (one of the chromatics' and then one other breath weapon usually)

Not sure where you got the three types, as in D&D they're ranked by age category...Hatchling, Young, Young Adult, Adult, Old, Venerable, Ancient, Great Wyrm, etc.

Trust me....(or not, and look it up
)

Bow to my D&D geekiness...

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think that the mods and admin on this site should be glad they have someone who works in mental health on this board?

YOU GUYS ARE ALL NUTTERS!!!!!

Glad to finally fit in somewhere!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
she right may be the dragon didnt involve anymore,or the situation of the time like the ancient volcano eruption the ash may be doing something to this kind of creature.and this creature also can spit some fire right
who know more, i m just guessing

VzH

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There are many theories that attempt to explain the firebreathing ability that dragons posess :

---
One theory : dragons are filled with hydrogen, so they don't actually fly, they float...............
It ties into firebreathing because dragons can just expel he hydrogen and ignite it somehow, sometimes creating a chemical reaction, by grinding their teeth together......................

---
Another theory suggests that dragons are able to rearrange their insides at will, to produce the chemical reactions they want, like the ability to breathe fire............ One dragon can rearranged his insides so that he is able to breathe fire backward........ Then he is able to propel himself so fast this way, and can produce shockwaves.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I just got an image of a dragon flying about with flames coming out of his arse.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join