It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello peeps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Eyup was introduced to the site by a friend whom has read to me some of the topics he has been following.

I am a shy 29 year old guy from somewhere in the north west of the UK and have an interest into how science fiction can become science fact, I also find interesting how much we think we know in the now compares to what we new in the past and how much we have forgotten just to find its all come about before.

Look forward to following other peoples topics and posting a few of my own

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
dont you call me peeps in that tone of voice

its rude

go away

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldoman

Hi and welcome. I haven't been here that long myself but since joining have found it a nice way to pass some spare time.

Enjoy yourself there are a lot of different threads so almost anything you can think about talking about is being done. Lots of varying views make it a fun place to sit back and learn a thing or two. Most everyone is friendly so just jump right in and have fun.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Hmm I could do with a bit more color for sure, a different hue wouldn't go a miss or perhaps a different shade, Should have my avatar up shortly that will brighten me up a bit lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Cheers brandiwine14 for the warm welcome :-), from what my friend who introduced me to the site has been reading and commenting on i am sure that i will have a great time commenting on topics of and debating with many varied and interesting people.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hi Waldoman, no need to be shy, no-one can see you

There's all kinds of everything on here, a proper plethora in fact. And fiction.
Hope you enjoy it, see you round the boards

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freebornman

Cheers freebornman ;-)

Should be allot of fun, I am currently browsing threads to comment once I have enough posts.

Talking of topics..no not the chocolate bar lol, here is an interesting if not old snippet from an article about quantum Entanglement and Teleportation.

"THE record for teleportation has been smashed. Juan Yin and colleagues at the University of Science and Technology of China in Hefei, Anhui, teleported data 97 kilometres, 81 km further than the previous record."

(Above sourced from : www.newscientist.com...)

Slowly but surly something once considered pure fiction is heading toward becoming a reality, If we perfect this I believe that true FTL communication will be in our grasp.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Juan Yin and colleagues at the University of Science and Technology of China in Hefei, Anhui, teleported data 97 kilometres, 81 km further than the previous record."

That's quite impressive but I will be more impressed when they do it with a real human like Captain Picard

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
welcome on board from a fellow North Westerner

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by commencalrider

Thanks commencalrider,

you are from the far side of the moon ? , I technically own an acre plot of land on mars, was thinking of moving there in a few reincarnations lol

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldoman
reply to post by commencalrider

Thanks commencalrider,

you are from the far side of the moon ? , I technically own an acre plot of land on mars, was thinking of moving there in a few reincarnations lol

I've been thinking of relocating to the red planet for a while now myself, its getting a little crowded on "the far side" as we build up our forces to invade the puny human world and to be perfectly honest, i don't think the invasion will be worth it judging by some of the rednecks my mum and dad have brought home recently to conduct their tests on.
N-joi your time on ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hello from The USA! Welcome!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you Night Star :-)

Have to say I like that avatar you have chosen very artistic, did you do it yourself ?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you Moderator JohnnyAnonymous sir

I will make sure to read the rules thoroughly, cheers :-)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Eyup Waldo, nice to have you here,

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

cheers thedoctorswife :-)

I notice your mood said freezing, i know what you mean brr, at least the snow seems to be semi melting now

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Welcome, Waldo!!!

Good to see a new member from across the pond

If I can be of any help, please be sure to let me know.
After 20 posts, you can u2u with members and start threads across the forums.....

Enjoy!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Thanks DontTreadOnMe :-)

I am sure i will enjoy the forums, ill get posting :-)

new topics

top topics

join