It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin seeks out diver for help. Amazing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

No way would I watch that. I am aware of the things that happen to dolphins and other marine life re Japan and I need no visual. I appreciate the thought but as you say yourself, it has the potential of being a downer.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

I've got one kind of similar. Back in the day growing up on the farm, I took my dad's cockatiel out of the cage when no one was home. The bird and I never really got along, it always tried to bite when I got close and would only allow my dad to touch it but I thought it would be a good idea for it to sit in the grass outside with my hands covering over it. You know...fresh air and all seeing it has never been outside in its life, just for a few minutes and then I was going to put it back in the cage.

Well, it freaked out and flew away. In fact, the wind got it and the bird was blown clear over the treeline in the yard and way out over the fields. There were hawks in the area and I completely panicked because my dad was a force not mess with and it was HIS bird. So I ran back to the house to grab the binoculars but I was prepared for the worst. Kiwi ( I think that's what it's name was) had never flown before and realistically I thought this was the end for him and me.

So just as I got to edge of the yard and about to crash through the bushes to get to the field, I hear this wailing of a screech overhead. There's kiwi squawking hysterically flying back towards the yard from over the trees and lands smack dab on an oak tree branch about 50' up at the very top. Relieved, I did what only a 14 year old kid could do. I began to climb that tree. I managed to get to the very top and the whole time I was praying that bird just stayed there but I didn't know what it would do once I reached for it.

So there I am, 50' up hanging on to an oak tree with one arm extended out. I grabbed that bird and stuck him on my shoulder and began climbing down. Kiwi didn't move a feather. I could sense that it wasn't going to fly away and I just might get away with this. I got down to the ground, scooped him off my shoulder in both hands, made my way back to the house and back in the cage he went.

No one knew a thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

That's fantastic dirtybird! I wish I could share a similar story but I can't. I can argue that a beaver saved me once but no one would believe it. I also captured a baby bunny once in the wild as a child and took it home. It didn't occur to me that there was anything wrong until my step dad pointed out that the bunny had been shot and was dying. He wanted me to take it back to the woods and crush it with a rock. *sigh*

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I understand. It's just absolutely heart breaking. The people involved in filming the documentary would sneak into the cove at night and place underwater cameras and microphones in the slaughter zone. Then strap a tv to their chest and show it while standing in the middle of the sidewalk during Tokyo's morning rush hour.

Dolphin meat was eventually banned from the school lunch program.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Wow, just watched this video and it almost brought tears to my eyes. Those dolphins are marvelous creatures and the man that was helping him was just awesome. I was just amazed at how patient both man and dolphin were with each other through the whole ordeal.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
THANK you OP for posting this.. this is the sort of thing I absolutely love ... I have so much adoration for the animals that co-inhabit this planet ... and Dolphins especially intrigue me.. they are far more intelligent than I think we realize.. they have, so many times, helped humans .. and there truly seems to be a sort of mutual compassion ... I love it

Thank you, once again

Originally posted by masta12d
Just watched this video. A dolphin in distress approached a group of divers up close and presented himself clearly as in need of help. What's more, the diver gestured to the dolphin to "come here" and it imediately did so. This video is a testament to just how fragile earth is but also how an act of kindness to the earth can go a long way. Something tells me this particular dolphin, indeed these divers also, will never forget this moment.

Many thanks to Keller Laros, your actions make you a God amongst men. Although it didn't take much effort as witnessed from the 8 minute ordeal, it could have been just as easy to turn a blind eye.

edit on 23-1-2013 by masta12d because: fixing link

edit on 24-1-2013 by Kandinsky because: Fixed video embed

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That clip was beautiful and sad at the same time... Beautiful to see the dolphin and the man working together, they had no way of communicating verbally, but they seemed to be on the same page, which is fascinating. And the clip is sad because, being an animal lover, I hate seeing any animal ever in any kind of pain, I always have a tough time watching it and that Dolphin was in obvious discomfort from the hook...

S & F to the OP, great find...

&

S & F (if i could) to the dive team for taking the initiative and helping out
edit on 24-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just want to add that obviously this video touched me and made me feel good to be human. That isn't always the case I can assure you. In fact, many times weekly I feel I was jipped by being human and quite embarrased to be associated with such a brutal race.

I wanted to call out that through the several pages of responses thus far, there has yet to be a single negative post, i.e. someone screaming "Oh it's just a fish, lets eat'em" or some other derailing comment. As I look back and see all the people touched by this thread I can't help but feel this video had raised all of our conciousness levels one degree higher!

So it's not just this video but the wonderful responses that, at least for today, makes me proudr'n'# to be human!

Stay scared everyone!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

Originally posted by Bedlam
The entire "this is a problem I can't fix" -> "maybe it's a problem a HUMAN could fix for me" -> "I think I'll find some humans and let them have at it" is just an amazing sequence to go through for a wild animal.

Worded perfectly!

Quite

Dolphins are considered as intelligent as humans if not more so.
S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
this is amazing this just goes to show dolphins are very intelligent he was a wild animal the just let 3 divers help him and knew that he couldn't help himself and was hoping the humans would help him and they did.. these are the things I live to see its so beautiful

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have seen videos of dolphins blowing bubble rings and then playing with them. I was in the Navy and would watch them surf alongside the ship and then leap out of the water and do somersaults. Their joy was infectious and it has always impacted me deep in my soul. I recently watched a video of a young elk playing in a water hole. It would splash and leap and splash again. What became obvious for me was that this "youngster" was playing in a puddle and experiencing joy. It got me to thinking about how young animals love to kick up their heals and feel the exhilaration of life. I used to hunt but the idea now of ending another beings joy seems abhorrent. Anyone else feel that way?
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: add

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Do dolphins eat live fish? Do they enjoy them?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

we all eat live food .. and enjoy it

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Much love right there
thank you for posting.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Wow. Cool video
Nature can surprise you at times.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

What else could we say about humans selfish behavior:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is a beautiful story.
Thank you for sharing.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow, thank you for sharing that. It shows how amazingly smart dolphins are. And courageous enough to ask for help.
I wonder if it knew it was man who entangled him so man could set him free.
edit on 25-1-2013 by marymaryg4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

thanks man, yea it was a good experience, i always try to help the helpess when i can

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Happens ofen that divers help!
We saved a pretty weak nurse-shark back in 1992 cutting a 10-foot cable off it but couldnt get the hook. If you see a shark with bottom-lip piercing … that is ours :-)… famous underwater photographer Hans Graspointner captured the proceedure and even won an award for the picture you will find by yahuugling “Globosapiens Shark Dentist”. RRG2013

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join