It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin seeks out diver for help. Amazing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That''s beatiful.

Dolphins are so smart.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

well done ... congratulations to the diver that shows by example how all humanity should act... everyday!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
reply to post by VoidHawk

Im familiar. Even familiar with all the elephants that traveled days to visit the "elephant whisperer" after he passed away.

An here is an elephant from India who paints. It is amazing!! Different colors with flowers, etc.

I apparently don't know how to get these vids in here but here's another try.

youtu.be...

This is the simple version. He does more complex paintings also.

edit on 23-1-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

Oh my God this is one of the moust beautiful things I ever seen......

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
To those saying, too bad they didn't get the hook out. Don't worry, the hook will rust out, surprisingly in not much time at all. The line however will not. I think the divers knew this and were more concerned with the line. I'm sure the little guy will be just fine thanks to those divers and the trust it had in them.

Quick story...... A friend and myself once removed about 40 yards of line from a pelican. Poor guy had it tangled so bad that he couldn't move an inch even if the other end of the line wasn't wrapped around a mangrove tree.
After about 45 min of careful cutting we were able to free him of the mess that some jerk left behind. He seemed to be okay (only a couple small cuts) so we let him be and walked back across the sand bar to where we left the boat.

He followed us to the boat and even tried to get in it. We laughed and joked that one of us is going to have a new pet but soon we realized that he couldn't fly. So we picked him up, put him in the boat and decided to take him to the local wildlife rescue center. They took him in without hesitation and thanked us. It was good to know that there're people like them that are trained and willing to help these wonderful creatures.

The thing about our experience that I will never forget, is how calm the pelican was the entire time. We first noticed it because it was flapping it's wing when it was struggling to get free from the line, but as soon as we started helping it and all the way to the rescue center it felt safe. I truly believe that it somehow knew we wanted to help it and when we walked back to the boat it was still in need of help so it followed us knowing we could provide that help.

My friend lives not far from the rescue center and went back to see if the pelican recovered. He became friends with the staff and continues to visit there still to this day. He said the pelican recovered and is now sort of a pet to everyone at the wildlife center. It never goes far from there and always returns but sadly, this may be due to it's difficulty flying. He can fly but not as good or far as he should be able to because of his injuries from the line.

Thanks for posting the vid. It's always nice to see something nice.

Oh, I forgot to add. That elephant is amazing!
It can paint better than most people, including myself.

edit on 24-1-2013 by silverking because: Sorry forgot to comment on elephant vid.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
awww.

Isnt that special?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
makes me so sad to consider how many animals in the wild are suffering right now due to careless human actions...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

this actually saddens me because of the reason for the dolphin's predicament in the first place

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Things like this make me think that humans are the least intelligent species on the planet, not the most intelligent. "So long and thanks for all the fish!"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Cool video, but only surprising in that some dolphins still trust some humans.

As far as dolphins having intelligence still surprising some people, check out John Lilly's books for the start of the realization of their intricate consciousness in mainstream scientific terms.

Lilly went from a vivisectionist startled by the size of the dolphin brain to a scientist totally knowing that they are conscious, sentient beings (and then later taking ketamine and acid in an isolation tank [see movie "Altered States"] and becoming a new age mystic and by being vocal about it ruined his legitimate observations in many folks eyes- but that's another story!).

Anyway, it's a slow slog trying to spread knowledge... especially knowledge that might impact our fishing and oil industries (for starters) by acknowledging that dolphins are smart enough to have "rights" in a legal sense.

Arguing over non-human being's rights, whether or not we consider them sentient, is another matter.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Baddogma because: "it" to "them" because words are important

edit on 1/24/2013 by Baddogma because: added isolation tank reference and convoluted sentence - sry, its early here

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Regarding elephants painting recognizable pictures... wow.

Some people say that those elephants are trained to paint a limited number of things and don't know what they are doing, and that is more than partially true, I think. And being held captive and having trainers with sharp sticks guiding them isn't exactly... nice.

But these examples open up a whole world of abstract thought in animals and points to what many observant folks have known for a long time, which is that all life forms are essentially the same in cognition and the differences in thoughts are only levels of complexity, hardware and situation.

This realization leads to wondering why life needs to consume other life and the inherent horror in that fact. If this universe was "designed" by some intelligence, this leads to some unpleasant speculations regarding the nature of that intelligence.

In that case materialistic, reductionist mindsets that see the universe as a series of chance events become almost comforting... almost.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Baddogma because: Edit for clarification of rambling whimsy and then giving up

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I love this, thanks for posting!!!
S & F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great video.

I urge all of you whom are dolphin lovers and have never seen or heard of "the Cove", a documentary about the dolphin slaughter in Japan, to watch it. Even as heart wrenching as it is. Not trying to be downer.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think to dophins all mammals are more or less the same species. They interact with whales and such too. I am not really sure they distinquish between dolphin and human.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Dolphins have larger Brains than humans, this Dolphin has probably interacted with Humans before. The fact that the Diver gestured to the Dolphin to come over here, shows just how intelligent they are. I'm sure a Dolphin could learn sign language, they are more intelligent that Monkeys.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
awe, what a man

I guess humans were this dolphins last resort! lol

S&F for this!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i saved a cormorant last year, that was tangled in fishing line and couldnt move. i was actually just walking down the beach having a beer, when i saw it struggling..funny enough other people were just walking past it scared of it.(who is scared of a bird thats tangled) i mean really. as i got closer i could see it was entangled in heavy gauge fishing line, so i crept up to the bird, which appeared to be in shock. its pupils were doing strange things. i picked the bird up and cradled it like a baby, and it like nuzzled into my chest as if it knew i was there to help. and brought it to a nearby dune. sat down with it, took out my pocket knife, and begand to cut the line off the lil dude, after about 5-7 min he was line free, but still in shock(im assuming) so i brought it to my car and dropped it off at a local bird refuge. they told me it was healthy weight and size, and to call and check back to see how it was doing. so i did just that called back a few days later and they said he was doing fine,he just had to settle down after all the comotion, and asked if i wanted to be there when they released it. of course i was like yea ill go.I drove about 30 min from house to the refuge and watched it be released. it was great.
for the record i named him victor, since i used my victorinox knife to free him. that is all i figured id share that one with you all.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

That is soooo sweet! If it wasn't for you Victor probably would be dead by now...I remember when I was 6 I saved a baby bird that fell out of it's nest and it was being attacked by ants. I brushed off all the ants and kept in in a box and hand fed it till it was better...poor thing ended up not making it

I hate to see animals suffer.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
the worst part was people just kept walking by it and pointing, but noone did anything. i mean sure it coulda pecked my eye out, but not until i freed it first haha. i also saw a bunch of idiots walk right past him just texting on their phone, like wow are people really that ignorant. it makes me sick.

as for the bird you found im sorry it didnt make it,
but without you it never would have had a shot. at least it saw love before it passed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Things like this make me think that humans are the least intelligent species on the planet, not the most intelligent. "So long and thanks for all the fish!"

Sometimes I can't help but agree with this statement. And I love that quote! I was even thinking of posting the video clip.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Thanks Baddogma. I have never watched that video so I will do so today. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join