It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin seeks out diver for help. Amazing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Maybe its time that people stoped eating them.

Maybe it needs to be made into a 30 second commercial and focused on the initial contact. At the end it just states: "Maybe it's time that people stopped eating them"

At what point does it take until an animal can be considered more than just an "animal"?

My sentiments exactly.. It's so sad to know elsewhere there is nothing but fear of humans by these same creatures. Because that is what they should feel.

Watching that video really makes you stop and think. That dolphin was not casual about what it did, it was purposeful and thought out.

Reasoning, intention, intelligence, curiosity, everything that in my opinion defines that inner spark that defines the mind.

How sad it is this world we live in, where suffering is the norm and things like this are only a chance encounter..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Reasoning, intention, intelligence, curiosity, everything that in my opinion defines that inner spark that defines the mind.

How sad it is this world we live in, where suffering is the norm and things like this are only a chance encounter..

I couldn't agree more. What's more, is that this chance encounter could be the norm. If people who had genuine care and moral character within them led this world, it would be possible to live in harmony with our host planet with the population we have now. It's just takes a little consideration and the disposal of greed.

Like the Einsteins for instance.
edit on 23-1-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It goes both ways too!
Dolphins protect a diver from a shark.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I once watched a docu...think it was called Earthling. I've never eaten meat since. People who think animals are no more than meat ought to sit and watch it. If your already compasionate about animals I'd recomend giving it a miss, its absolutely horrific.

You know, I've seen a lot of horrifying things. In real life and online. I think it was seeing a train vs car encounter that I started me looking at 'real life' forums decades ago. And still one thing I cannot stand is animal cruelty. I won't look at it, because the rage I already feel would be overwhelmed with sickness and I'd be rendered mentally incapacitated.. Any sort of evil intention towards an innocent thing.

I wish it were not true that there are just some people who won't change, and even if they were to be eaten themselves, they'd likely be thinking "Bugger, Oh well, I hope I'm tasty!"

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It was paying it forward!

Also makes me think: How often does this happen off camera? You know, just news stories. What if these dolphins are beyond clever and moved to genius knowing that the only way to get the world to change is to prove the intellegence.

"Photos or it didn't happen..."

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. What's more, is that this chance encounter could be the norm. If people who had genuine care and moral character within them led this world, it would be possible to live in harmony with our host planet with the population we have now. It's just takes a little consideration and the disposal of greed.

If only.

I give a lot of opinion about those who run the world on these forums, usually in the opposite direction to most because sometimes it seems the straws are far too short to be taken seriously. But the one thing I know is that what we have in power, everywhere, is greed. Bleak cold hearted greed.

The changes that I see being made are token gestures towards the environment at the expense of tax dollars and common sense. I don't hold any hope for the future any more. Everything is short term. Profit, fixes, promises..

I do see a ground root change, but like a lush lawn, as soon as the top gets too long, the lawn mower comes out. It's not possible in the long term.

The entire social landscape has to change before anything real will be achieved. And I honestly see society becoming more and more encased in stone, a throw away society with little to gain by environmental consideration. Vending machines in asian countries with live crabs..

It's sad. We've gone so far wrong we can never get it right...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

When I watched that docu (Earthling) I was telling myself that if I want to eat meat then I ought to be able to watch it. I got half way through and had to turn it off. It bothered me for days, I couldnt get it out of my head. I eventualy forced myself to watch the rest. That did it for me, no more meat.
I wont go into the details, its really upsetting, but if you ever need to convince people just point them in the direction of that vid.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

edit on 23-1-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I once stupidly caught a bug that was in a spiders web. I didn't want the spider to terrorize it. I just plucked it out and put it in a container and tried to remove the webbing. Ultimately, it was paralyzed by the venom and died. Literally, spider venom liquifies the guts of its victim. I realized it was pointless since spiders are just doing what they know how to do and bugs are going to fly into their webs no matter what I do. This world we live in requires us to eat another life-form in order to live.

The thing that surprises me about the dolphin video is that the dolphin didn't get too afraid and run off or hurt someone. It gently swam alongside and somehow knew it wasn't in danger.
edit on 23-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Well I love animals but I also eat them. I try to remain as ignorant as I can about our food and GMO's but I'm not fooling myself. I can respect a cycle where there has to be one eating another. Like the Native's of the Americas, respect the animal they are wise and they nurture us. we keep deer in check so it doesn't eat all the fawn, etc. But the need to kill for sport or greed is sickening. It's all about balance which is completely lost on us. It's not our fault, we were born into slavery, it becomes our fault if we sit idlely by.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I guess it might have been saying "Good bye, cruel world!" and went to the divers to be killed.

Either way, it shows a level of abstract thought I wouldn't have expected.

Could the dolphin have been a pet at one time? Or associated with humans somehow? Wonder if they checked it for fin tats - Property US Navy if found please drop in the nearest mailbox...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you just made my day worth getting up

ty for sharing this

made me actually have a (albeit very small) bit more faith in humanity

this diver needs a medal

kudos to you, my friend

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
There's something about helping an animal that's unlike any other feeling...It's a feeling of connectedness that's absent under normal circumstances. We live on the planet with a range of emotions and actions, from deep love & compassion to hate, apathy & murderous intention. Seeing a video like this rekindles that connectedness. Gorgeous.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Man humans cant treat EACH OTHER with respect these days. The animals dont have a hope in hell.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

S&F I just watched this video on youtube. Thanks for sharing it here. Truly heartwarming interaction.
Too bad he couldn't get the hook out. At least the line was removed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If you go to the youtube link, you will see the description was updated, apparently the hook and all line was removed, so great job by the diver, I would have been apprehensive taking out the hook, you wouldn't know how the dolphin would react.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
There's something about helping an animal that's unlike any other feeling...It's a feeling of connectedness that's absent under normal circumstances. We live on the planet with a range of emotions and actions, from deep love & compassion to hate, apathy & murderous intention. Seeing a video like this rekindles that connectedness. Gorgeous.

From an atheistic point of view: a human helping an animal out because it is the morally right thing todo since nothing should suffer.

From a spiritual point of view. Two spirits in different bodies helping each other out the way it was meant to be. Embracing the connection between them that is there.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
great video, made me smile and smiles are always welcome
i watched this last night on ats, and this morning it was on the breakfast news somewhere. msm is finally starting to get their news from somewhere newsworthy?!

it also reminded me of this vid:

edit on 24-1-2013 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Nice video - good people.

No doubt these creatures are far too advanced to be eating and we need to be protecting them from slaughter by the Japanese.

As far as what I eat to sustain my existence has no relevance in this thread.
edit on 1/24/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
good video, thanks for sharing

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join