It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Very cool find
. Is it because of the region its located that they are saying its possibly Atlantis? Would not be the first time someone finds under water structures and right away says they found Atlantis. Either way the pictures are nice to look at, hope more info on this surfaces sooner than later.
edit on 24-1-2013 by beastnwokillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius
I'll say it one more time....this topic was first discussed on ATS in 2008. This "discovery" happened in 2002. PLEASE REVIEW MY POST ON PAGE 6 FOR THE END-ALL CONCLUSION THANK YOU

And I will say this to you:

1) Using caps lock is rude and akin to shouting your point across.

2) Whether you agree with the subject matter at all, its not up to you or anyone else to hand out an 'end-all conclusion'. It might be an end all for you, but other people might want to discuss it.

3) What makes you think everyone read the thread in 2008? Even if they had, who made you the 'thread police'?

4) As you have stated, you made your point on page 6- if people read that, and wanted to carry on the discussion, then shouldnt that tell you something? Ranting in an arrogant manner brings nothing to the table...

Personally, I noted that the video and news reports were made in the early 2000's, but I had never heard of it, and was interested to read about it. I think the evidence presented is pretty inconclusive at the moment, but would be interested to see if they found anything else in the future.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Sketchy source.

Again, I will post the National Geographic source for this:

New Underwater Finds

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

I see the link, but that was written in 2002. Is there some sort of recent update?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The source for this new story is the uber-unreliable Beforeitsnews

______beforeitsnews/science-and-technology/2012/10/atlantis-found-giant-sphinxes-pyramids-in-bermuda-triangle-2475944.html

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by Cherry0

I see the link, but that was written in 2002. Is there some sort of recent update?

Oh, I'm not sure. I was just posting an alternative source for those that found the OP's source to be "sketchy". I still find it rather important and fascinating even though it's about 10 years old.

Like you, I would also be very interested to see an update on this. For now though, this is the only other alternative source that I can find.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherry0
By the way, there is another source for this for those that are skeptical.

You can find it here: New Underwater Finds

Nice if its on national geographic then its definately NO HOAX.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have read all previous posts and the OP's stories as well as followed the links others have suggested and now I want to throw my .01 into the mix.
I feel that Atlantis was a real place and may still be in a conditon to be discovered. I do not know if this is it or not but it is pretty close to the bermuda triangle, it is also located near one of the suggested nodes of the world power grid. Recently I have read some stories about a Crystal pyramid being found in a similar vicinity. Tie that in to the fact that some have proposed theories that the Great Pyramid was a sort of frequency generator to resonate with the earth's frequency and somehow stabilize the earths harmonics including some tectonic energies. It provokes thought in my mind that the submerged city may have had a similar function and perhaps it failed. It amazes me to think that this location was known just prior to the cuban missile crisis and that we still patrol the waters there today. Somebody asked in an earlier post why written record of such a place as Atlantis has not been uncovered in all of our exploring but I think it may have been uncovered and either destroyed in the burnings of the library at Alexandria or that such a burning was a cover-up and the records actually were transported to the depths of the Vatican who would be the most likely candidate to suppress such information. So, is this the real Atlantis, until proven wrong, it could be. Did the scientists find submerged structures that could comprise a city, I believe so and I wish I had the funds to find out. Maybe somebody should start some crowd funding together and see if the scientists are serious about going back.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
121 flags for a old news story that is now on beforeitisnew? Come on folks, great claims require great evidence. You believers should send these folks some cash so they can buy better equipment for taking pictures.

V

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

How can one light illuminate an entire city?

like someone else said on the link...

idk if i'm buying this.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight13

Originally posted by goou111

How can one light illuminate an entire city?

Go somewhere pitch black. PITCH BLACK.

Light a match. You will be amazed at the amount of light it can put out.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh my. I cannot wait to hear/read more on this. Are there lay lines where these pyramids are?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

and if this is in the bermuda triangle...where are all the sunken ships and airplanes?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This pic is about as fake as they come. Might have been able to fool some viewers back in 2002 when it first surfaced.. whatever. There's no chance a single light source would light up a vast underwater plain, especially at the supposed depth this was taken. There's also the oddity that the light source is not the same as the camera viewpoint - i.e., from the same submersible. Any underwater photo from the depths will have the camera and light source as the same, and you will never see an entire underwater plain illuminated in this fashion for a photo - that must have been a 10 Billion candlepower flash, lol.

Ask yourself this, why hasn't there been a single corroborating claim since this "initial find" in 2002? Because that initial claim was bunk, by a couple scam artists looking to bilk some unwitting investors in their hunt for Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a) This is yet more total honk.
b) There is exactly one reference to Atlantis and that's in a book by Plato that he never really finished. And that's it. No other references at all anywhere at all.
c) Plato says that Atlantis controlled a huge area but was fighting Athens. Which at the time was a collection of huts.
d) I return to point a).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Go somewhere pitch black. PITCH BLACK.

Light a match. You will be amazed at the amount of light it can put out.

I go caving multiple times a week, it doesn't get much blacker than that and what you say is utter bullplop. I wish you could go around with just a match, but you can't see anything with less than a good quality light.

On the original topic, I hate to think what sort of idiot would believe that 'news' article. I despair for them, i really do.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
As much as I want to believe the hype...
I don't.

I looked at the site, and the "pictures" of which I only saw one.
Which looked to be a terribly grainy computer interpretation of a scale model.

I'm expecting more pictures, and an extreme amount of hype.
Finding Atlantis would be the largest news story this side of the solar system.

Until then...I have my doubts.

Nobody likes a skeptic...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
With everything I've heard about how all of these ancient megalithic structures being built in areas of high energy, it would make sense for Atlantis to be in the Bermuda Triangle, an area of high energy. I hope there is truth here.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Really?

As has been said many times already.....this is a 3D rendering of supposed sonar images. It's says so right there in the Op's first post.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join