It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Obviously it's fake. Come on -if 2 scientists found this they would have taken dozens --hundreds of photos and HD video. Think about it. You just discovered Atlantis and all you take is, well, that photo? Hardly. People will remember your name forever when Atlantis is discovered so you'd take the required documentation, and then some, and then some after that even. Then, once they post those, other sites, both credible and not, would be all over this news in a matter of hours! But it's nowhere else even hours and days after.

Sorry, but it's fake news.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm if this is a real find or fake, has it been in any other news sources?
Why isn't it all over the news?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Atlantis will never be found on earth...because in truth it is not located on earth and never was....What people believe to be Atlantis is in fact now just left over pieces of a dead civilization located on the red planet.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Onewhoknowsjesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

don't believe me...research the tidbit's a little more closely

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpiderMonkey
Can anyone confirm if this is a real find or fake, has it been in any other news sources?

YES, PLEASE REVIEW MY POST ON PAGE SIX!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius

Right....Its really amazing how no one reads anything but the original post.

link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Obviously it's fake. Come on -if 2 scientists found this they would have taken dozens --hundreds of photos and HD video. Think about it. You just discovered Atlantis and all you take is, well, that photo? Hardly. People will remember your name forever when Atlantis is discovered so you'd take the required documentation, and then some, and then some after that even. Then, once they post those, other sites, both credible and not, would be all over this news in a matter of hours! But it's nowhere else even hours and days after.

Sorry, but it's fake news.

whether it's Atlantis or not is still a mystery, but it's not fake in the least bit.

link   

It's a wikipedia offering, so does that mean it's real?

en.wikipedia.org...

...and this?

The U.S. government discovered the alleged place during the Cuban missile crisis in the sixties, Nuclear submarines cruising in the Gulf (in deep sea) met pyramid structures. They immediately shut down the site and took control of him and the objects,in order that it will not come to Russians hands.

internationalresearchsociety.wordpress.com...
edit on 24-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The true remnants and echoes of the over blown and romanticized story of Atlantis exists in the ancient sites in the Americas such the Bolivia, Peruvians, the Mayans and Olmec which were her survivors.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

This is very interesting. I can't wait to find out more. Real or not. If there truly are pyramids and sphinxes at the site, even though the pics are pretty bad, that would officially push back the date where we were technologically advanced to tens of thousands of years. I believe PumaPunku and Tiwanaku already did that but who am I to argue with the pros. But Atlantis, I don't think so?
-
Am I the only one that thinks Atlantis is but a story? The only time Atlantis was ever brought up was in 360 BC by Plato in his dialogues Critias and Timaeus, if I got that right. It's about an amazing, technologically advanced city that vanished 9000 years prior. Seems too far fetched to me that he would be the only one privy to this info.
-
I prefer thinking that before the Ice age we were technologically advanced. It came, we were destroyed and only a few survived. We lost all the knowledge and when it ended we flourished yet again.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

They aren´t on the news since the gay marriage agenda is more important and more likely to draw more dummies to the sofas for brainwashing ads to be effective.
edit on 24-1-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The true remnants and echoes of the over blown and romanticized story of Atlantis exists in the ancient sites in the Americas such the Bolivia, Peruvians, the Mayans and Olmec which were her survivors.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

This may very well be. It would fit the location perfectly.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I remember growing up hearing about stories of Atlantis, the myths and the legends surrounding the "Mysterious Sunken City". From the ancient phillosiphers (totally spelled that one wrong) to modern day science.

Then humans found the Titanic and I was suprised because of how the whole story of the Titanic went down. Everyone said we would never find it, and we did. How does this relate?

So the impossible is possible in my eyes, note that scientists have documented numerous sunken civilizations that are fully submerged in water.

So I ask, is this the famed sunken city? This would naturally make sense if this is in fact out in the Bermuda Triangle, that makes even more sense with the Mysteries that darn triangle holds just in itself and it's own stories.

Very interesting find S&F for OP~

I never new about this particular story and alas it helps me re-light the romance the thoughts of this once great civilization that is now far far away~

And back to work. Peace out 2nd response only 18 more to go~ =p brought to you by another thought in the wind.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Right....Its really amazing how no one reads anything but the original post.

It's kind of comical....everyone keeps asking the SAME stuff which I answered on page 6 TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERY PAGE BEFORE YOU POST PEOPLE

edit on 24-1-2013 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do you ever get the feeling that no one here listens to the important stuff?

Thanks for taking the time to find that old thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Yup, Definitely real. Too bad gay marriage is more important to cover on the news.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

No problem. I think that is the problem with ATS today...everybody is so eager to state their opinion/question others before reviewing what has already been said

edit on 24-1-2013 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

The Egyptians at one time must have known about America, because Plato's story came from an Egyptian priest.

And I quote:

"the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent [America] which surrounds the true ocean [the Atlantic]."

It is the American continent that surrounds the Atlantic/Atlantis ocean. Not Asia. The Egyptians knew this, and if they knew that they may have known about an area that was once above water.

80% of the Earths population has always lived around the ocean. A giant flood, like rising waters from a melting ice age, would have wiped out most of civilization by putting it underwater. Everyone would have had to move inland and start over.

~

Herodotus, History, Book I, 203, 440 B.C.

Now the Caspian Sea is apart by itself, not having connection with the other Sea: for all that Sea which the Hellenes navigate, and the Sea beyond the Pillars, which is called Atlantis, and the Erythraian Sea are in fact all one ....

~

"Although different researchers have located Atlantis just about everywhere on the face of the earth, Plato, in his Timaeus gives several distinctive indications of its true location.

1. "This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean." This gives the general location.

2. Plato also describes Atlantis as "an island (nesos) situated in front of (pro) the straits which are by you called the pillars of Heracles." The Greek word pro can be translated "before," or "in front of". (Some translators prefer to translate pro as "facing" or "opposite".)

3. Plato says both the island and the ocean were named after Atlas, the firstborn of Poseidon and Cleito. Even Herodotus, a hundred years before Plato, calls the sea outside the Pillars of Heracles the "Atlantis Sea". (History, Book I)

4. Plato describes the Mediterranean Sea which is "within the Straits of Heracles" as "only a harbour, having a narrow entrance," but the other sea (outside the Straits) as a "real sea".

5. Finally, Plato describes Atlantis as "the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent [America?] which surrounds the true ocean [the Atlantic]." Atlantis was situated just outside Gibraltar in the Atlantic Ocean-I find it difficult to interpret any other way."

~

Once again.

Herodotus:

"and the Sea beyond the Pillars, which is called Atlantis"

Plato:

"the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent [America] which surrounds the true ocean [the Atlantic]."

Plato can only be talking about America.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
stopped reading here:

"A second giant pyramid photographed by the ROV".

Well it just doesn't seem giant compared to size of submersible's manipulator or whatever it is there, lighting the scene. Were the pyramid giant, it wouldn't be visible through the mass of water with such a weak light source. Water is not nearly as optically transparent as air, you know.

But everyone's free to call a meter large object giant

edit on 24-1-2013 by CaptainAbstract because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Why bother? Don't you know most of the members just read the tittle and the very first post. If everyone read whatever was written, threads wouldn't go on and on for page....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join