It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Obama likens himself to Lincoln. That's undeniable. So how can he be considered in the same company as Lincoln? Instigate and foment another civil war. I mean hasn't he telegraphed all of the moves so far?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But imagine.. We all move out and the day they decide to attack there's no one left but themselves , think of how dumbfounded they would be .. And alone I bet they would hate that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
When I see posts like this, I really like to check and see how legitimate they are. It isn't because I don't believe them, it is because I don't want to take the step of thinking we are headed for Civil War without good documentation.

I am okay with reading whatever about UFO's and aliens or whatnot, but not so much this topic.

I could not find a Wikipedia entry or a Google entry for a "humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow." There is a Facebook page, and he only has 100 likes. Here is his Home Page.

His political views seem to be in line with him saying what he said, but did he? There is no record on his Facebook wall. Is his claim of having sources accurate?

Dr. James Garrow is the author of The Pink Pagoda: One Man’s Quest to End Gendercide in China. He has spent over $25 million over the past sixteen years rescuing an estimated 40,000 baby Chinese girls from near-certain death under China’s one-child-per-couple policy by facilitating international adoptions. He is the founder and executive director of the Bethune Institute’s Pink Pagoda schools, private English-immersion schools for Chinese children. Today he runs 168 schools with nearly 6,300 employees.

I am not sure if this gives him access to credible sources. So my verdict is undecided on the validity of the sources.

edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

He's not a unknown. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Guess who he lost to? Yeah, Barack Hussein Obama. So he has credibility, well that is unless you don't feel the people at the Nobel Foundation are capable of judging that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Source:
www.examiner.com...

(facepalm)

Really people, you need to work on critical thinking skills.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i think if anything he will have th u.n. firing on the u.s. citizens if it comes down to it.
this news is not only beliveable, im not surprised to hear of such a scheme either.
buckle up america.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I hope that they would refuse...but if they are brainwashed to a point of no return we could be looking at a dangerous time.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Ex_CT2

so will they survey all troops and discharge those who mark "NO" to Question 1: Would you be willing to shoot your neighbors if your commanding officer said it was a good idea? how will the psychopath be segregated from the normal young soldier who loves his mother? and what happens if they're deployed side by side on to Main Street?

Trust me...When you enlist, you are trainned to do as you are told, if you don't, you will be put on the way side and left out, the decision after that is all yours to either joing the "resistance" or do as you are told. Either way, you will fight for what you believe in or what you were "brainwashed" to believe in.
chances are, you will fight for what you singed up for and you will be told that the resistors are against the government and they are to be considered terrorist. Remember that more than 70% of the population will stick by the Government either by belief or by fear, the other 30% is US, the resistance.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Source:
www.examiner.com...

(facepalm)

Really people, you need to work on critical thinking skills.

And it appears that some people need to work on their "I-better-look-to-see-what-forum-I-am-in-before-I-attempt-to-make-myself-look-good-by-bringing-down-the-other-guy's-post-while-adding-absolutely-
nothing-to-the-subject" skills.

edit on Tue Jan 22nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Folks posting here don't seem to have paid attention to how things actually work around here. "They" are not going door-to-door confiscating weapons. Yeah, I know - they did it in New Orleans. But that's not the way they roll. What they _will_ do is to ratchet up the controls, the administrative regulations, make it incrementally more difficult to buy/own/shoot a weapon. They will keep going after lead, ranges, licenses, registration - all of it. At the same time, they will hammer the kids with propaganda in the schools (which is what schools are for). They will get the guns. There's no way to stop them. They will not engage in a single, overt action though. That is not how they work. While you may be ready (hypothetically) to resist a deputy at the door, are you ready to resist the incremental takeaway? Are you ready to resist any and all tiny steps toward making guns harder to keep and use? You have to resist "sensible" regulations like licensing, the banning of certain "assault" type features, whatever it is. You have to take a "Hell No" stance to anything that even smells like movement toward control and more administrative restrictions. THAT is harder to do, and they know it. And the problem is, even if you (and me) resist those python-like squeezes, your neighbors will not. Your real enemy is not just the bureaucrat who thoughtlessly corrodes the very things that make this country worth living in. Your enemy includes your neighbors, family members, friends, who think that "sensible" gun regulations are an obvious thing that needs to be done to avoid more South Hinkley situations. I don't think it can be done. I think "they" are gonna get exactly what they want.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hi, long time luker, but only have 14 posts, so I can not start a thread. I know this is the wrong thread but I had no clue how else to get this story on here. Military.com is reporting that India is advising their citizens to build basement bunkers and to expect to have enough supplies for two weeks. This seems like a pretty scary story. Is India really expecting a nuclear attack? I would love if someone could start a thread and post the link to the story on Military.com. Would be much appreciated! I think it is a very interesting story.
Thank-you
Rich

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Actually any group tends to develop a pack mentality.
Unfortunately most people have been knee jerk trained to view people in uniforms as the good guys.

Remember how willing the holocost victims got onto the trains.

Keep your guns, if someone tries to take them away suggest a compromise you keep the guns but they get the bullets.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
No I have not read the entire thread so forgive me if this has already been said....

I have NO DOUBT that the drones and other aerial technology would destroy whole towns or populations if needed. That is why I wonder about people who are building these huge towns that are prepped to go up against tyranny, if that tyranny has the ability to blow you and your guns off the map.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Or zombie?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thre is no shortage of over the top, outrageous and laughable comments and suggestions on this site! The real threat to this country and it's people is not Obama and the Liberal leaners, it's the military industrial complex and the large monied interests and individuals behind it. Money and power was, is and will always will be the primary driver in class conflict and the manipulation and control of the masses. People need to extract their crainiums from their rear-ends and look up and see who and what is truly standing between them and a fulfilling and peaceful existence. However, truth remains that too many folk appear to find creating boogey men and conflict where none exists irresistable. As well as the shrills and moles who premeate sites such as this spreading lies, innuendos and fabrication in a socio-political conspiracy against the masses. Things haven't changed much in the thousands of years of Human history and will not until such time as we are liberated from the lower nature which is central to the psyche of all humans.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Very few US troops would engage. What is most likely is the following:

1.) Declare a state of emergency
2.) Invite UN troops to "aid" in keeping the peace and engage in humanitarian efforts.
3.) Keep the level of aid to a minimum so as to foment internal unrest (Katrina and Sandy were litmus tests to see what that threshold should be).
4.) Declare the acts of unrest as "Terrorism" and declare martial law.
5.) Deploy UN "Peacekeepers" on US soil to counter-act the "Terrorism" (The linguistic programming for "Terrorism" is almost 2 decades old).

It will go down much like the "frog in the pot" - slowly and incrementally.

I have very close friends in important places within the military who have confirmed to me that IF the SHTF... that would be the most likely scenario. They already have contingency plans for such events as it is their DUTY to have such contingency plans.

Don't take your eye off the ball - even for a minute.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Like so many in this thread have said " one man does not make a military" but I would also imagine there are those that would say anything to save there careers.
There is no way you can predict how a military person will react when they realize that there is someone out there killing there loved one just like he or she is supposed to do, you would almost have to fill the military with TSA agents to have any idea at all as to how insanely they will act.

When the time comes, marshell law will have already been enacted and foriegn troops will be brought in to do the deed but then the people will have the majority of the military on there side which with the milatary and an armed malita i doubt there is any military in the world that would stand a chance.......................sadly then comes WMDs which would also explain the underground cities............................just an opinion, a horrible one but an opinion none the less.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Excellent analysis!

However consider this. The US military routinely games scenarios it may be called upon to serve in. Let us say one of the scenarios they gamed is military called in to quell civil unrest in the country following an economic collapse and shortage of necessities. Unlike a war in a foreign theatre, this is one with very ill-defined objectives. The infrastructure of the city and the lives of the "enemy" (rioters) are not expendable unlike in a war on foreign territory. So each officer is allowed to choose his/her own plan to bring an end to the riots. Let us say some consistently choose to minimise the casualities on the rioters' side while placing less emphasis on retaining the the integrity of the infrastructure and some others choose the exact opposite considering the lives of the rioters less important than retaining the integrity of the infrastructure. The government may prefer to retain the officers of the latter kind and ease out the former. In layman's terminology the officers placing a higher value on the rioters' lives than the integrity of the infrastructure could be described as "those unwilling to shoot unarmed/inncoent US citizens".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Its not the commanders who fire on civilians. And the troops who will shoot are only returning fire because they have been fired upon. They won't be "killing Americans", they will be defending themselves.

The number of actual suicides by gun in your town will not be that high.

"Yah, c'mon", one heavily armed little trained civilian in camos that don't match the color of brick and stucco will say to his other heavily armed little trained friends, "lets make a stand and shoot at the American troops in the center of town".

"What are you nuts?" His friends will say. "You're on your own."

When it comes right down to it, few will "make a stand" as they say. Its all a lot of gearing up and big talk.

Wait till the humvees lay down a burst of .50 calibre fire at the wood frame house you're hiding behind. Or the gunship puts a rocket thru your stucco walled foundation.

edit on 22-1-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I really think that - if this claim had any merit whatsoever - that there are plenty of other, more credible, sources than the Examiner by which to get this information out.

It's really sad to me that, this many years on, people still put so much stock into internet rumor and innuendo that is clearly politically motivated.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In the final analysis it's not who the officers will or wont shoot that counts, it's who the grunts will or will not shoot. The grunts in all our military are not related in any way to tptb these are OUR kids and they wont shoot their friends and relatives. You can count on them to more likely shoot the officers that suggest shooting Americans. See the thing is when the shooting actually starts we aren't going to be shooting our soldiers or police we have 2 lists of people who will be in the sights of patriots. One list is only 545 people long and the Bilderburger list a little longer. We are not going to kill our children to keep these people in power period.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join