It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Another war mongering news article, nothing more. This is, most assuredly, to incite distaste for the current regime.. imho I'm not putting much stock in this scenario. That's coming from a military vet.

Well there have been a tremendous amount of high level command relieved of their posts over the last year and a half. There have also been a large amount of ranking officers who have either been retired or forced to take inconsequential duty. They have also been doing a lot of urban training in American cities, which is unprecedented.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Another war mongering news article, nothing more. This is, most assuredly, to incite distaste for the current regime.. imho I'm not putting much stock in this scenario. That's coming from a military vet.

I Would classify this with the pro weapon propaganda that's going around on FaceBook.
edit on 21-1-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

I'll one up you.. I put NO stock in this scenario .
I will agree that lots of folks speculate and when they have a title or a previous position it can be used to point to them having inside info even if they dont.

If I wanted to be a dicktater.. yes, I meant that.. Id simply use a crisis to call in other troops for assistance... like the UN and "allies" .. as we have done in other countries ourselves. Its much more palatable to fire on other folks, for some anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I can hardly wait till tomorrow, when an Unknown Source says Obama came from Outer Space, to eat us all.

Really, Have all you People lost your ability of Critical Thinking.

First of all, this is a conspiracy site.....

Second, this was placed in the skunk works, not breaking news, sooooo.....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This is kinda scary IF there is any basis to it because there *IS* a scenario where it works and U.S Troops would, in my opinion, fire on U.S. Civilians without more than the expected hesitation of firing on any civilians. Two things HAVE to happen first...but only 2.

The Internet HAS to shut down or lock down. One of the two, but free and unrestricted net based communication HAS to come to a sudden and unexpected stop without time or notice to even discuss the fact THAT is happening.

Wireless and Satellite Communications likewise have to shut down or lock down. Satellites are probably much easier because there are fewer of them than ISP points and domestic means to connect if it's not locked down right.

The end result is a situation of normal one moment ....and your WHOLE WORLD becomes no more than what you can visually SEE or hear for the indefinite future. No News and NO way to get independent news. What we know is what we're told in single source emergency fashion. Likewise, the troops aren't magical. If we're down, so are they without the dedicated military systems meant to bypass it all ...and they are also designed with the internal controls which make them safe to leave operating under watch.

After that happens? Well hell... You can tell the troops anything you want for a story to make sense ...then make sure the city or town being cleared that night is pissy about something so they're agitated and appearing to be all worked up. The story to the troops fits and if played right, the townsfolk can be fed info right to start reacting VERY badly to the troop's arrival..further enforcing the B.S. line they deployed under that night.

Result? You have troops as confused and devoid of credible information as anyone else and NO ONE wants to quit the safety of numbers and organization while there is total uncertainty beyond that. As long as the confusion and lack of information could be maintained? Those running things would have uncoordinated resistance at best and again...The troops just get told THOSE domestic terrorists are among the minority of radical extremists that CAUSED it all to happen. No communication BETWEEN units which isn't official. Remember? So...your small units wouldn't even know that ALL of them are getting the same tasking to different "minority extremist cells" to purge. Not till it was all over or someone REALLY screwed up.

Have a nice night thinking on that one.

This is probably exactly how it would go down. Obama already has all the pieces in place like the kill switch and the Executive Orders to follow through.

link   
Does anyone know the actual wording of such a question on whether or not they would fire on us citizens? The answers could be manipulated by how the question was phrased; ie, would you fire on us citizens if they were committing acts of terror and ambushed your patrol? vs would you fire on us citizens who fired first on you? vs would you fire on us citizens if given the order by a superior without question or hesitation?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My father told me on several occasions that the one hope for America would be a counter dictatorship of short duration in the form of a military coup d'etat. He was an intelligence officer for Shin Bet and for a short time he worked as a consultant for Mossad. My dad was very serious about this. He placed much stress on the fact that not only was it our only real chance for survival as a free nation he more or less said that it was a foregone conclusion that such a thing will come to pass.

link   

Originally posted by snarky412

I can hardly wait till tomorrow, when an Unknown Source says Obama came from Outer Space, to eat us all.

Really??
Read some of these Responses, Most of these Whack Jobs believe this Tripe.
When does it stop being tripe? When the bullets start flying?

link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

If something like this goes down I expect that there will be groups who lied intentionally and would retaliate at the highest levels of military command (incl CiC); from "fragging" to "Operation Valkryie II"....not that I condone any of those actions but I can see the justification (oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies).

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Foriegn troops would fill the gaps nicely, wherever our boys are reluctant. They can be supplied from thier home countries, so they won't be worried about damaging the same infrastructure that supports them. Committing atrocities against people who look different than you is easy, as our last few wars have demonstrated.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Really??
When does it stop being tripe? When the bullets start flying?

**shrug**
It wasnt tripe when this same thing was said about Bush and the patriot act and japanese-americanesque detention camps were discussed. It was serious business and not in this particular section. I guess its tripeness and wackjobity depends on who is in love with what political figure at the time the thread is being made/posted to and what politician is being discussed at the time. The rules are sooo fluid concerning tripe here.

God forbid anyone actually figures out what hypothetical means around here... Synonyms are
hypothetic - conjectural - presumptive

For the record Im not a dem or republican, so dont aim your political piss at me, Two.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Really??

Many fear what has happened with Greece, Egypt, etc. may happen here too.

And the way this administration along with the senate/congress is running our country into the ground, some are not so confident about the stability of this country.

It doesn't hurt to talk about a "what if" scenario....hell, the weather channel does that.
And it doesn't hurt to be open minded to the possibility of a SHTF scenario.
Many here talk about it because they can. Doesn't mean that they believe it will happen.

I'm guilty myself, but I don't dwell on it or lose sleep over it.
If it's up for discussion, hell, why not join in?

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 22-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Really??

Many fear what has happened with Greece, Egypt, etc. may happen here too.

And the way this administration along with the senate/congress is running our country into the ground, some are not so confident about the stability of this country.

It doesn't hurt to talk about a "what if" scenario....hell, the weather channel does that.
And it doesn't hurt to be open minded to the possibility of a SHTF scenario.
Many here talk about it because they can. Doesn't mean that they believe it.

I'm guilty myself, but I don't dwell on it or lose sleep over it.

Much respect~
snarky

And, aren't most of these "anomalies", such as the NDAA and urban training exercises always explained away as " they have to plan for everything"? We, the people, should learn from that and do similarly.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Much respect~
snarky
Thanks for the Invite, But if I feel the need to Discuss "pretend scenario's" , I'll join a Thread in the Religeous Forum.
I'm out, Just dont fly too close to the Sun Snarky.
Respect to you too.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

And, aren't most of these "anomalies", such as the NDAA and urban training exercises always explained away as " they have to plan for everything"? We, the people, should learn from that and do similarly.

Exactly....that's why I like to keep an open mind to any and all possibilities.

-------------

Your avatar says it all....."FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMM"!!!!!!!

We don't want to lose our Freedom.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

If you could just step outside your box for a moment, and take a real critical look at Obama, and his staff of Marxist loving communists, and research a bit of the things they are pushing for, and the things they have done in the past, you would see that he and his acolytes do not have you in their grand utopia with them, even though you may rubber stamp everything they do.. or, maybe if you hold up a sign that says you support everything Obama wishes, they won't shoot you down? They will still shoot you down...stop being fooled..

All the things this administration has done to empower government AGAINST the citizenry, is a very clear signal that this little litmus test of Obama looking for soldiers that will kill civilians is in fact true, just by following everything else he has done as OUR litmus test against HIM.. It is really that simple, and easy to see..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Thanks for the Invite, But if I feel the need to Discuss "pretend scenario's" , I'll join a Thread in the Religeous Forum.

Now THAT'S scary.......HA!!.

[just kidding....I think]

Later~
dodging the solar flares....

snarky

edit on 22-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The Examiner posts all kinds of insane diatribe. I wouldn't count on this being true. There aren't any sources to back up his claims, either. It's a story from the word of a media personality, looking for excitement and attention, that has to verifiable basis in reality.

Oprah Winfrey could say that Obama is also going to send us all valentine's day gift cards, but would you believe her? Not without proof, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
All the things this administration has done to empower government AGAINST the citizenry, is a very clear signal that this little litmus test of Obama looking for soldiers that will kill civilians is in fact true, just by following everything else he has done as OUR litmus test against HIM.. It is really that simple, and easy to see..

Post hoc ergo propter hoc? - latin

"Since that event followed this one, that event must have been caused by this one."

Fallacy in an argument.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Perhaps in some generic scenerio you would be right, but putting a face and a name to it, and connecting the dots of what is really happening, you wouldn't be. Nice try though..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join