It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror at Bed, Bath & Beyond as shopper is stabbed in chest - Middletown, N.J

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A woman was brutally stabbed in the chest more than a dozen times while shopping with her infant child at a Bed, Bath & Beyond store on Thursday evening.

Tyrik Haynes, 19, was charged with attempted murder in the attack in Middletown, New Jersey on Friday and held on $1 million bail. He had previously been charged with torturing a cat.

Haynes allegedly rushed upon Kerri Dalton, 29, with no warning as she pushed her son's stroller through the store.

More below.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
$1M bail stands for man accused of stabbing woman in Middletown store

video below

www.app.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Glad the newborn wasn't injured. The mom is critical but stable.
This appears to be another unprovoked attack on innocent people, but
the full story isn't out yet.

Too bad there wasn't a concealed carrier or a man of moxie to help the defenseless woman.

A knife attack this time....I have a feeling this attack will not make national news. It will be
interesting to see if it does. The story certainly has enough emotional appeal with the
newborn present and what appears to be an unprovoked deadly attack on an innocent
young mother in a Bed and Bath chain store of all places.

Of course this does not fit the "control agenda" as a gun was not used...so like I said it
will be interesting to see of this is widely reported....my bet is that it won't
edit on 20-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ban Knives.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Too bad there wasn't a concealed carrier or a man of moxie to help the defenseless woman.
I guess you couldnt resist going there , in your quote.

Because the Flip-side could be said as well.

Good Thing He Didnt Have a Gun, or Many More Innocent People Could Have Been Killed.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but people like this don't deserve a second chance, if he wasn't caught, he would carry on stabbing and probably killing innocent people.

My thoughts are with this lady and her family.

S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Killing animals is how many serial killers start out; and I think this young man was well on his way to being one.

I am glad the young woman who was attacked in going to live; and I am glad the baby still has a mother.

Think about it...just going out shopping...at a reputable store...and then bam!...you are stabbed. We all need to be more awake and aware of our surroundings and who is around us; and what they are doing. I say too..places that you are used to going to...don't take it for granted that there is no one there that may want to harm you; look around you and see what is going on.

Of course we all need to live our lives; just be extra cautious.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
Ban Knives.

Sure. And forks, And spoons. And rocks and sticks. And if we can just get a camera on every street corner, a mcirochip in every hand, and those 30 thousand drones hovering over us night and day maybe we can finally all be 'safe'.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Did the attacker know his victim or did he just choose her at random? The article did not say. Makes me glad I don't go to Bed, Bath & Beyond very often. Maybe the guy consumed too many K-Cups and thought she was going to take away his coffee.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Scumbag? Indeed. Torturing animals and then stabbing a mother accompanied by child... He's definitely better off the streets.

Now, was his crime worthy of the death penalty? Maybe, depends on local laws. Either way, that's the court's decision. Not yours nor mine... it's up to the judge and jury.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Did the attacker know his victim or did he just choose her at random? The article did not say. Makes me glad I don't go to Bed, Bath & Beyond very often. Maybe the guy consumed too many K-Cups and thought she was going to take away his coffee.

The victim did not know 19-year-old Tyrik S. Haynes, the Middletown man accused of trying to kill her Thursday afternoon, Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office (MCPO) spokesperson Charles Webster said.

rumson.patch.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Now, was his crime worthy of the death penalty? Maybe, depends on local laws. Either way, that's the court's decision. Not yours nor mine... it's up to the judge and jury.

Now that's a special kind of thinking right there! You ain't from around here are ya?

See thats the neat thing about self defense....you attack me with a knife...i can shoot you dead!!
It's called defending your self.....

As in not being a victim..... don't need permission....just a clear shot ...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by littled16

The victim did not know 19-year-old Tyrik S. Haynes, the Middletown man accused of trying to kill her Thursday afternoon, Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office (MCPO) spokesperson Charles Webster said.

rumson.patch.com...

Take a good look at the picture of the alleged attacker. What do you see? ANY time and especially now, where there can be found no legitimate motive, one needs to question whether the attacker (assuming any story is legit in the first place) is acting under the influence or coehercion of another WITH motive. It is just too easy and premature IMo to write off ALL of these latest attacks around the WORLD as just 'insane' people, sure NUTS happen I *don't* deny it, but attack after attack after attack, with no real motive ever found???, c'mon maybe there IS a motive and maybe it is working exactly as designed. It is called conquering and overpowering a population by making them succumb to CONSTANT fear and making them feel absolutely helpless. It's called problem, reaction, solution. It's also called terrorism.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

One doesn't have to be insane to go on such a terrifying crime spree. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was just some punk wanting to commit an outrageous crime in order to garner the attention of the masses by having his name and face splashed across television and computer screens across the nation.

I call it the Kardashian Syndrome or, more aptly, "Hey, look at me! Aren't I so special!"

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by rival

I guess you couldnt resist going there , in your quote.

Because the Flip-side could be said as well.

Good Thing He Didnt Have a Gun, or Many More Innocent People Could Have Been Killed.

What is your agenda here?

IT IS regretful that this attack was not stopped by someone coming to her aid while she was stabbed
nineteen times! A woman would have needed a gun to intercede; a man could have used his muscle.

And this gets a thumbs down from you and many stars to your post?

Please aliens...if you are out there...come take me off this planet... no intelligent life here
edit on 20-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

If she was allowed to carry a pistol on her person, this stabbing would not have gone nearly as far as it did.

If other shoppers were allowed to carry, the probability of this even occurring in the first place would be minuscule even if he had a gun on him.

Criminals do not like a fair fight. And innocent people should have the right to defend themselves from a world full of degenerates like this failure of a human.

The world is full of degenerates who like to prey on the weak and defenseless folks. Such folks need an upper-hand in such cases.

edit on 20-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by Tecumte

One doesn't have to be insane to go on such a terrifying crime spree. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was just some punk wanting to commit an outrageous crime in order to garner the attention of the masses by having his name and face splashed across television and computer screens across the nation.

I call it the Kardashian Syndrome or, more aptly, "Hey, look at me! Aren't I so special!"

Sure it's possible I guess, but really just how likely. (not just this one perse but ALL of the others) And IF the supposed motive, is really a 'look at me' (for attention) motive, then I might suggest that is a form of insanity in itself. I am simply suggesting again rather, we are seeing these types of attacks around the entire world and TPTB are using these to disarm entire countries one after another, IMO this seems to me to be a much better explanation than just a huge wave of crazies or all of a sudden attention seekers, I don't buy it. There is a well known and admitted goal of disarming the world and making citzens defensless and entirely dependent. Remember it only takes ONE false flag murder to realize the nature of the game. And then the question becomes if 'they' can do one then why not two, or three, or?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
interesting that the first search results that came up was from a non u.s. newspaper.....

sooo..whens that next apocalypse suppose to start.......

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
His name should not be made a household word by the media. This creates a sense of opportunity to become famous in peoples minds. The media should stop personalizing horrific crimes which cause copycat killers. This person obviously had serious mental/drug issues. Creating a blueprint to become famous only makes crimes like this more common and gives the media a ratings boost. Keep crimes like this local and delegate them to rumor for the rest of the world. The media benefits from stories like this, society loses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join