It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror at Bed, Bath & Beyond as shopper is stabbed in chest - Middletown, N.J

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Exactly. What better way to garner a bit of face time then by attention-whoring on the most horrific level? So what if these sensationalist crimes start whittling away those 15 minutes of fame to a mere 7-1/2 -- some recognition is better than none.

Stupid kids.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
CBS local video.

“The guy was standing in front of our store, but…he was kinda weird. We didn’t pay no mind to it because we didn’t know who he was. He was a guy with a hood and then he walked over there and then he came like nothing happened and he just walked that way and then the lady came screaming, saying ‘Can you help me, can you help me. A lady got stabbed,’

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Another stabbing. What IS wrong with people these days!!!!!!!~

ATLANTA —

A fan was stabbed in the neck after the NFC Championship Game outside of the Georgia Dome on Sunday night.

www.wsbtv.com...
edit on 20-1-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by rival

Too bad there wasn't a concealed carrier or a man of moxie to help the defenseless woman.
I guess you couldnt resist going there , in your quote.

Because the Flip-side could be said as well.

Good Thing He Didnt Have a Gun, or Many More Innocent People Could Have Been Killed.

It's unfortunate that I cannot give this post more than one star.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jankopernik

Too bad there wasn't a concealed carrier or a man of moxie to help the defenseless woman.

Good Thing He Didnt Have a Gun, or Many More Innocent People Could Have Been Killed.

What's unfortunate is that this is happening period.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

What's unfortunate is that this is happening period.

I agree. I would love to live in world where no violence existed, however, with human nature being human nature, and mental illness being a true threat, situations like this will continue to occur.

My objection is to the people who immediately post and state that if someone with a gun was there then the situation wouldn't be as severe.

How do we stop the violence? Gun-related or otherwise?

edit on 20-1-2013 by jankopernik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jankopernik

You can not stop it....man has been killing man since the birth of time.....and always will....
All we can do is protect ourselves...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The million dollar question is what is causing the rise of violent mentally ill young men in America? Seems like all of the violent killings the MSM has been bombarding us with lately have been young adult males (usually caucasian, but not always) who either have a history of or who have exhibited signs of mental illness. Why the sudden upswing of violent mental conditions in young white males over the past several years? Is this new, or are we just hearing about it more due to "citizen journalists" spreading the word until the MSM picks up on it?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

You can not stop it....man has been killing man since the birth of time.....and always will....

So, as weaponry at our disposal to protect ourselves becomes more deadly, the weaponry available to attack us becomes more deadly. We have a vicious circle here in front of us. How do we restrict the availability of this weaponry from the people that are at risk to do harm to peaceful, law-abiding citizens? It seems that anything done would infringe on the right to bear arms held so sacred in the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I don't know if I would consider it a rise in the number of mentally-ill young men, but more a combination of awareness of the crimes being committed by these individuals, and the availability of weapons to commit the crimes.

I worked in a psychiatric hospital 25 years ago and the majority of teenage patients we had come in that were violent were male. Maybe it is the testosterone, maybe it is something else. One thing I can attest to though, is regardless of sex, when a patient became violent, they had a huge amount of strength. I can remember more than once when it would take six strong adults to put a a teenage female patient into restraints.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Dont know quite honestly.

Sadly, the future ahead may be worse than what we see today.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

So, as weaponry at our disposal to protect ourselves becomes more deadly, the weaponry available to attack us becomes more deadly. We have a vicious circle here in front of us. How do we restrict the availability of this weaponry from the people that are at risk to do harm to peaceful, law-abiding citizens? It seems that anything done would infringe on the right to bear arms held so sacred in the second amendment.

It's called keeping the playing field level. Especially in a state like NJ. If the states would loosen up on their gun laws instead of restricting law abiding citizens these type of attacks would lessen. If it wasn't so hard to carry, as long as your not a violent criminal people would be able to fight back. What we have is too many laws keeping people from doing what is right, especially when it comes to someone helping a stranger out.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
If she was allowed to carry a pistol on her person, this stabbing would not have gone nearly as far as it did.

Sorry but people making this claim must live in complete la la land, or watch too many movies or something.

The last thing you think of if someone is repeatedly stabbing you is opening your purse, grabbing your gun, taking the safety off and aiming. Sorry but the first thing that happens is shock, you can't believe it is happening, your mind does not think rationally, you go into flight or flight mode, and you simply just want to escape from the knife. By the time you think about your gun, it's already over.

Unless you're Rambo.

edit on 1/20/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Delete

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The weapons are not the issue, since the first man used a rock to kill his fellow man, and the next man had a sharp stick, then knives, swords, bows, cannons, guns etc....it doesn't matter the tool...man will find a way to kill his fellow man

Bans do not work....in fact one of the first weapons bans was in the 1500's when the Pope banned crossbows....they were just to powerful in the wrong hands.. It just doesn't work..

Murders will still happen... blame the deed...not the breed as they say..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think it's important that we all take a breath and look at the major contributing factor to these events...

Sharp things. That's right. The wide proliferation of sharp things means that the world is a ticking time bomb. If the perp didn't use a knife, he could have broken a window and used a sharp and pointy shard of glass, he could have snapped a plastic branch off a plastic tree in the mall and impaled 20 kids on it, he could have run into a copy store and raided one of the printer trays for some letter-size copy paper to inflict heinous paper cuts with.

I remember back in my gang-fighting days, using the bone left over from a t-bone steak dinner as a punch dagger.

The solution is clear and simple - if we want to live in safety and with security we must ban knives, windows, plastic trees, t-bone steaks and most of all - sharp sticks. Write to your local congressman (or Member of Parliament), tweet the good news and tell anyone who will listen. The UK has the right idea:

I have a dream... a dream where black children and white children and black adults and white adults can live together in harmony without fear of being injured or killed by sharp things.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I agree, plus, had she managed to get a gun, she may have accidentally shot innocent onlookers, I can't imagine her being able to concentrate on where she is aiming is she is in shock.

On the bright side, at least she survived and can carry on looking after her child/children, I would reckon had the assailant had a gun, she would be dead, and perhaps several other shoppers too.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
CBS local video.

“The guy was standing in front of our store, but…he was kinda weird. We didn’t pay no mind to it because we didn’t know who he was. He was a guy with a hood and then he walked over there and then he came like nothing happened and he just walked that way and then the lady came screaming, saying ‘Can you help me, can you help me. A lady got stabbed,’

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Maybe it's just me but doesn't this story sound a bit odd. Just stood there 'like nothing happened'? ok

Let me see if I understand this " He was a guy with a hood and then he walked over there and then he came like nothing happened and he just walked that way and then the lady came screaming..." ok, well, so I assume though there were many many eye witnesses and the video caught the whole thing as well.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join