It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The titles of Allah and the Bible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
AR-RAHMÂN : The Most Compassionate, The Beneficent, The Gracious
The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
-Psalm 103:8

AR-RAHÎM : The Merciful
For the LORD your God is a merciful God.
- Deuteronomy 4:31

AL-MALIK : The King
For God is the King of all the earth
-Psalm 47:7

AL-QUDDÛS : The Most Holy
There is no one holy like the LORD
-1Samuel 2:2

AS-SALÂM : The All-Peaceful, The Bestower of peace
He stops wars all over the world.... "Stop fighting, he says, and know that I am God
-Psalm 46:10

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast
-Isaiah 26:3-4

AL-MUGHÎTH : The Sustainer
"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me"
- Psalm 3:5

AL-MU'MIN : The Granter of security
AL-MUHAYMIN : The Protector
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
- Psalm 27:3

AL-'AZÎZ : The Mighty
He is wise in heart and mighty in strength
- Job 9:4

AL-BÂRI' : The Maker
AL-KHÂLIQ : The Creator
AL-MUSAWWIR : The Bestower of form, The Shaper

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
- Genesis 1:1

Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?
- Psalm 94:9

"I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
- Psalm 139:14

AL-GAFFÂR : The Forgiver
AL-'AFUWW : The Pardoner

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
- Psalm 86:5

AL-QAHHÂR : The Subduer
He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations
- Psalm 18:47

AL- MUNTAQIM : The Lord of Retribution, The Avenger
The Lord is a God who avenges.
- Psalms 94:1

AL-BÂTIN : The Hidden
Truly you are a God who hides himself
- Isaiah 45:15

MÂLIK-UL-MULK : Owner of the Kingdom
... the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth
- Genesis 14:19

AL-JÂME' : The Gatherer
"I will gather together those who are lame, those who have been exiles, and those whom I have filled with grief.
- Micah 4:6

AD-DÂRR - The Afflicter
I also will do this to you: I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart.
- Leviticus 26:16

AL-MUDHILL : The Humiliator
Instead of smelling of sweet perfume, she will stink. She will wear a rope for a sash, and her elegant hair will fall out. She will wear rough burlap instead of rich robes. Shame will replace her beauty.
- Isaiah 3:24

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had originally intended to give biblical comparisons for all the names of Allah. But I figured these would suffice for now to establish the basic fact that Allah is the God of the Bible. To read the rest of the names, go to this link

edit on 19-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So you are saying that it is in fact the Islamic "God" who is responsible for all the fairy tales in the koran and in the bible. Interesting theory!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I thought there was only one Allah?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I thought you were going to say:

Lucifer, Satan, Baal, Beezlebub, the deceiver etc.

Fooled me

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I thought there was only one Allah?

He is saying that the God of the Bible and the God of the Koran are the same god written about in two different books. Obviously.

It's kinda like if I wrote a book about a green, ugly person who tried to steal Christmas and named him, Steve. Well there already is such a book about a guy named, "the grinch". So you'd just have two different books that talk about the exact same thing but only from different human viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The ignorance in this world really frustrates me. Great thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Fooled me

And who told you Allah was the devil? The church? America? Mommy and daddy?

Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil? Or is this your own interpretation through the lens of a bacteria sized context?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Fooled me

The only ones who are fooling you are those fundamentalists teaching you that very thing.

They speak of their own opinions. Like your own signature says....

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions

They will refuse to understand.... but will delight in airing their own opinions about Allah.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Allah isn't the devil, but the concept of man. As I understand it ALLAH stands for Arm Leg Leg Arm Head or Head Arm Leg Leg Arm. A.L.L.A.H or H.A.L.L.A.. It's still pronounced Allah either way you spell it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Where in the Bible does it say Allah is the devil?

Trick question. Allah isn't in the bible .. no matter what the muslim apologists, who seem to come in droves to ATS, claim. Allah and Muhammad .. not in scripture. Period. They are forcing a square peg into a round hole.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Allah isn't in the bible .

Allah is the God of the Bible.
Or Allahs titles wouldn't be matching the accounts of the Biblical God... as I've shown in the OP.

And since you hold a low opinion of Moses, why are you even so concerned about the Bible?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Or Allahs titles wouldn't be matching the accounts of the Biblical God...

Muhammad plagiarized from the Jews and Christians so naturally some things will sound the same. That doesn't make them the same though, and it doesn't give any credibility to Muhammad or the Quran. Muhammad 'borrowed' (plagiarized) from the Christian bible to make his made up stuff easier for people to swallow.

'gee .. sounds the same .. Muhammad must be legit ... '

Common sense .. the dude was just trying to make it easier for people to swallow. He was trying to gain credibility for his own supposed 'visions'. Much the same way that the Christians set the date of Jesus birth (Christmas) to be right around the solstice when the pagans were all celebrating. It was a way to make inroads - psychologically. Ditto Muhammad plagairizing from the Christian bible.

Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Give up.
You hate Moses...You are NOT a Christian.

edit on 19-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What about "Great Deceiver"?

"But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

Who does the Bible call the "Great Deceiver/father of lies"?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Allah isn't in the bible .

Or Allahs titles wouldn't be matching the accounts of the Biblical God... as I've shown in the OP.

And since you hold a low opinion of Moses, why are you even so concerned about the Bible?

What have you to say then of some of the 99 names of allah (hellfire be upon him) that match the biblical names for satan, the accuser?

You can't have your cake and eat it too. What about those titles/names?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Or Allahs titles wouldn't be matching the accounts of the Biblical God...

Muhammad plagiarized from the Jews and Christians so naturally some things will sound the same. That doesn't make them the same though, and it doesn't give any credibility to Muhammad or the Quran. Muhammad 'borrowed' (plagiarized) from the Christian bible to make his made up stuff easier for people to swallow.

'gee .. sounds the same .. Muhammad must be legit ... '

Common sense .. the dude was just trying to make it easier for people to swallow. He was trying to gain credibility for his own supposed 'visions'. Much the same way that the Christians set the date of Jesus birth (Christmas) to be right around the solstice when the pagans were all celebrating. It was a way to make inroads - psychologically. Ditto Muhammad plagairizing from the Christian bible.

Nothing more.

i read that you at least believe in common sense.
Its good to start there.
1)So i take you believe NT.
2)NT is written by practicing Jews, sabbath following jews not sunday church going christians.
3)Jesus pbuh lived his time as a Jew. Followed moses's teachings.
4)So your god and the writers of NT were fine with following moses pbuh.
5)so either the account about moses pbuh in OT are wrong or you believe you know better than your god.
6)common sense dictates that either you change your opinions or change your god.
And on this topic.
Jesus pbuh said "My Father(God) is greater than all"
"Allahu-Akbar" means exactly the same.
Arabic Christians call God as Allah too.
Hope we talk more and keep common sense as basis.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

6) common sense dictates that either you change your opinions or change your god.

You can't have it both ways either, logical7.

If Allah is the God of the Bible, then that makes Muhammad a false prophet because he contradicted the prophets of the Bible, including Jesus.

So, which are you going to choose? Allah or Muhammad?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

6) common sense dictates that either you change your opinions or change your god.

You can't have it both ways either, logical7.

If Allah is the God of the Bible, then that makes Muhammad a false prophet because he contradicted the prophets of the Bible, including Jesus.

So, which are you going to choose? Allah or Muhammad?

i dont see that. I will just take the most consistent theory. God made man. God sent prophets to guide. Prophets gave message of being good, justice, mercy. People denied some prophets, some they tried to kill, some they successfully killed.
The idea of Jesus pbuh being god is a serious inconsistency.
The theory also explains why there are 3 Abrahamic faiths.
It was supposed to be one faith but people got stuck with their own prophet and refused to acknowledge the new one who had come to debug their faith. Not because the previous prophet taught something wrong but people invented wrong ideas with time.
Jews rejected Jesus pbuh and split into 2 faiths, paul also went to gentiles, Muhammad pbuh came for all(jews, christians, gentiles) that same happened and we have 3 faiths.
The OP just proves that even if faiths are many the GOD is ONE.
is that so difficult to accept?
Which is more likely to be not based on common sense? An exclusive faith or an all inclusive faith?
edit on 19-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Not because the previous prophet taught something wrong but people invented wrong ideas with time.

Well, either Muhammad or Jesus is wrong.

Regardless of whether or not anyone believes that Jesus is God, you still have the major difference on whether or not Jesus lived or died while he was here on earth and that's enough to change the entire course of the entire religion on it's own.

So, no, someone taught something wrong along the way. The fact that Jesus died is not a misinterpretation or a mistranslation. This is an intentional teaching by both and one of them is wrong. Jesus either lived or he died. You can't have it both ways and Jesus himself said that he died and then resurrected. Muhammad was the one who invented the wrong idea with time.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
[reply to post by sk0rpi0n

OMG funny! Both Islam apologists are attempting deflection. EPIC FAIL.

ON TOPIC (and my thoughts on Moses are not the topic) ... Again .. the INDISPUTABLE reason anything in the Quran about Allah semi-sounds like the God of the Jews or Christians is because it was PLAGIARISED. When Muhammad made up his religion he STOLE bits and pieces from the Jews, from the Christians, and from the Zoroastrians.

He wanted to try to give his Islam concoction some kind of faux 'legitimacy' in the eyes of the peasants who he desperately wanted to have believe his (unproven) tale of heavenly visions. So using wording and badly transferred stories from two religions that already existed for over a thousand years would bolster his own made up religion.

Like I said ... the uneducated peasants a thousand years ago would buy into it ...

'oh .. Islam sounds like what the Jews and Christians say .. it must be real'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join