It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Australia women calls on ban on Boomerang in Controlled Weapons Act

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Be careful with what you say you might give them some ideas.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Just then , me mate Boomer rang.

Told me a bout a chick who washed her car with steel wool.

Said all her dogs weren't barking coz of the heat.

Said she was from Rockinham.

It's gotta be the same chick.......

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by xxdaniel21

South of what river Bro?

We have the Swan River, with our cbd sitting exactly on top of the river,

We label the suburb regions by "south of river" and "north of river". "South lake" being a "south of river" suburb

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Q: What's brown and sticky?

A: A stick.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
it's refreshing to know that the US hasn't cornered the market on idiots

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You all laugh but you ever try catching a Boomerang when its coming back..... It fricken hurts!!!!!!!

Common sense should tell people not to throw them in a public place but I wouldnt have an issue if they got banned............

I just thought about how ridiculous that sounds

I would love to watch parliament the day they discuss that

As for the rest of the stuff they banned, BBguns, potato cannons, fireworks etc etc I grew up without these things and dont feel like I missed out. Maybe it was a good thing!!!!
Instead of pretending or trying to shoot/kill each other we went bike riding, frog hunting, played chasey or went knick knocking, good healthy fun
edit on 18/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Not all boomerangs are meant to 'come back'. ( there are such things as "killer boomerangs" )

Traditional boomerangs

edit on 18-1-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Did you just exploit your kid to make a point!!!?

That's terrible Muriel!
but funny

Actually the Boomerang IS a weapon, but she should get over it, sorry, and she should have ducked quicker!

and anyway!
The Aboriginals use cricket bats and baseball bats and sometimes four be fours now (large stick of timber/lumber), get with the times! Come to think of it...........so have I.....um we.....uh crap..!
You know!!
What ever works right?! right?!

There goes cricket!

edit on 18-1-2013 by AussieAmandaC because: worded it nicer

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
Not all boomerangs are meant to 'come back'. ( there are such things as "killer boomerangs" )

Traditional boomerangs

You need a concealed weapons license for that one.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Depends on your state.

I got open carry in my neck of the woods ...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
You all laugh but you ever try catching a Boomerang when its coming back..... Its fricken hurts!!!!!!!

Common sense should tell people not to throw them in a public place but I wouldnt have an issue if they got banned............

As for the rest of the stuff they banned, BBguns, potato cannons, fireworks etc etc I grew up without these things and dont feel like I missed out. Maybe it was a good thing!!!!
Instead of pretending or trying to shoot/kill each other we went bike riding, frog hunting, played chasey or went knick knocking, good healthy fun

Don't want to sound rude ... but, are you an Aussie male?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Timely because: had to add the huey face

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sorry off topic,I just edited my previous post and got predictive text!

I let it run ... Whaaa?? ( I just had to add the huey face ??? )

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
You all laugh but you ever try catching a Boomerang when its coming back..... Its fricken hurts!!!!!!!

Don't want to sound rude ... but, are you an Aussie male?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Timely because: had to add the huey face

Last time I checked

Grew up in a good area of Melbourne, we had stuff to do.

Are you from a small town?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

WoW!
I really really really would love to visit and have a 'go' of your stuff.
Truly. I've never shot a gun in my life!
Great on a pool table, so I have a personal theory the eye is good, just haven't tested it yet though.

I like that you can let off, have fun together create your own fireworks, and not kill people, you're not that scary. I assume you're not all mass murdering psychopathic nut jobs or we would have heard about you on the news by now.
Nice.

Bet there is not an ounce of wildlife within cooee of that joint either....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Mate, I still remember when they banned crackers on cracker night because some idiot kid threw one at his mate
which exploded in his face. Sadly the kid lost an eye, but it wasn't the cracker at fault but the moron who threw it
which is why I have changed my opinion on guns.
By all means do all kind of background tests and psychological tests, and maybe limit the size and how many rounds they can hold. But it is still the user that will do the damage, as per the boomerang.
Sh*t you can do major damage to an eye with a tennis ball due to the compression of the ball at impact.
Lets also ban tennis.
Anyone for a nice safe game of tiddlywinks, make sure you have a face mask or goggles for protection those plastic discs can take out an eye.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Chasey, Knick knocking and riding the pushy I remember. I dont remember catching too many frogs though.
I also grew up in Melbourne in the Northern Suburbs. We would be out all day on school holidays, about 20 kids
playing brandy in the streets and around the parks, never had any trouble whatsoever.
I tell my 17 year old daughter this and she cant believe it, no ipods, iphones, computers etc back then.
Just good healthy fun running around like lunatics. I miss those days.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21

Oh, did you guys know that we are also culling sharks because they are killing people who surf near them?

Are you shiiting me?!

No wonder it's not broadcast across the country!
The Taylors would be disgusted, and what the heck are all those years of friggin research for?!?!...........stupid people remain stupid because they don't listen, can't hear, they are deaf, craps me....

I live on the Ocean, and am not afraid to swim all hours any hour when ever the frigg I feel like it. 58kg of nothin'.

Fear truly kills and becomes lifeless that which effects, stay out of the water, create secure tidal pools, if you surf.....you know you on you own man, make your family aware, break the cycle of vengence.

Not good enough!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by Timely

Mate, I still remember when they banned crackers on cracker night because some idiot kid threw one at his mate
which exploded in his face. Sadly the kid lost an eye, but it wasn't the cracker at fault but the moron who threw it
which is why I have changed my opinion on guns.
By all means do all kind of background tests and psychological tests, and maybe limit the size and how many rounds they can hold. But it is still the user that will do the damage, as per the boomerang.
Sh*t you can do major damage to an eye with a tennis ball due to the compression of the ball at impact.
Lets also ban tennis.
Anyone for a nice safe game of tiddlywinks, make sure you have a face mask or goggles for protection those plastic discs can take out an eye.

Ummm ... are you sure you are replying to the correct source of your anger?
Do you still enjoy playing "chasey"?
Or is this just a random mis-directed rant?

edit on 18-1-2013 by Timely because: the pubs have shut and some missed the lockout.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Here is a small list of banned items in Australia but it should be mentioned guns were first.

Air guns (bb Guns), Sling shots, Cross bows, Potato guns (spud cannon), fireworks, Paintball guns especially semi auto, and soon to be on the list boomerangs then sticks and stones.

They have pretty much outlawed my entire childhood at least 90% of it.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: you cant make this stuff up

Those who witnessed Aboriginal cultures in the early colonial times left us different accounts. For example, the marine explorer Phillip Parker King observed in 1818 that a boomerang ‘is used by the natives with success in killing the kangaroo.’ Aborigines throw the boomerang ‘making it revolve on itself, and with such a velocity that one cannot see it ... only the whizzing of it is heard’ reported Francis Barrallier in 1802. An average hunting boomerang of about 500 grams looks like a thin soaring edge in flight, ‘but where it strikes, it breaks through with excessive impetus.’ It is an effective missile within a range of 200 metres. This is nearly three times the range of a hand-thrown spear. In experienced hands the boomerang can be a deadly weapon.

Any fat redneck or skinny retarded kid can blow away a group of defenseless humans with an AR-15.
Americans can laugh and joke all day about this weapon, fact is, inside 200 meters you couldn't run your fat ass fast enough, as one of these in the right hands will remove your head from your body.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join