It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is the ultimate strawman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Signals
Hey, at least we got OP to listen to his show...

Dude, open your mind just a bit and listen to what he's saying, he's telling the truth as he sees it.

I used to watch his documentaries. That was before he turned every little thing into something for him to rant about.

Who do you think is not a disinformation agent and you recommended we should get information about current events from?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Thats a tough one. I honestly dont know these days. I really dont. IF its one thing these guys have taught me, its to question things. Well, I question them. I will put my faith behind someone who is really about spreading truth and who picks and chooses his battles. Someone will have much more credibility to me when they dont claim everything on the planet is a conspiracy and they arent making millions doing it.

Because if what they say is true and they really believe it, they certainly arent worrying about making money for the longterm are they?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Go to the page before and watch the video HA posted about his 45 failed predictions. Lots of dis info there.

I watched that video before but all I hear is a bunch of edited soundbites of people making predictions. Is he a very bad psychic or is he actually spreading disinformation?

People? 90% are his and the others are callers he picks. They are his failed fear mongering predictions. ITs the fear mongering that is the dis info

Fear mongering? He doesn't scare me more than the MSM does. CNN and Fox News tell us that evil terrorists are everywhere. Alex Jones tells us that the government is lying to us on a daily bases. At least AJ's "fear mongering" is verifiable.
edit on 13-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Because if what they say is true and they really believe it, they certainly arent worrying about making money for the longterm are they?

But how would they put food on the table? How do you feel about ATS selling stuff ? Why can't ATS just keep the forum advertisement free and stop selling their t shirts? Is ATS really here for people to "deny ignorance" or is it all about making money.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Theres a difference between putting food on the table and creating multi millions in worth. Thats thinking long term. And I commend AJ for that. But anyone who truly believed the dollar would fail in a month wouldnt care about making said dollar.

As for him mongering more than the msm, again thats my point. One in the same.

ATS? Its an idea that makes money. But I dont see SO posting threads claiming anything like AJ. Just a truth seeker with a good idea. He was able to leave his job and make this a full time gig. Again, he isnt selling me anything based on his predictions.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
With Alex Jones it's all about making money endorsing products and fear mongering people into buying it. He is also egotistical.

His followers have a blind cult following to him and largely don't question any of his actions or motives. I like how they say someone is a CIA agent or disinfo agent if you leverage any criticism against him. So much for being awake and open minded.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ATS could sponsor a show...I dont know who would be the guest host tho.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

I agree with ya

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
9/11 3 buildings disintigrated using 2 planes and somehow magically a 16ft hole in the pentagon wall appeared.

IT WAS GOVERNMENT no one else could have done it

ONLY COMPLETE MORONS BELIVE THE OFFICIAL STORY

that alone should have got your entire government hung untill dead for treason

AJ has been saying this for years

edit on 14-1-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: forgot to mention alex jones constantly makes this point

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i like alex jones...

i dont see any of you guys trying to wake the masses.
sure its a job to him but thats not the point.

he has done a lot to open peoples eyes,
if any of you have a website, radio show and nightly news program, i'd sure like to see it.

conspiracy is conspiracy, doesnt matter how fat, loud or dramatic the host is

get your priorities straight ATS members

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
9/11 3 buildings disintigrated using 2 planes and somehow magically a 16ft hole in the pentagon wall appeared.

IT WAS GOVERNMENT no one else could have done it

ONLY COMPLETE MORONS BELIVE THE OFFICIAL STORY

that alone should have got your entire government hung untill dead for treason

AJ has been saying this for years

edit on 14-1-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: forgot to mention alex jones constantly makes this point
and aj and you destroy the argument by calling people morons and idiots. It's immature and rude. Who wants to listen to an immature rude person.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Jones certainly isn't perefect, but he talks WAY more truth than anything you get on TV. Even if he is doing it for the money, he has woken up more people than 99.9% of everyone else. It's real easy for us to be armchair QBs while sitting on our couches doing jack squat.
edit on 14-1-2013 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid

Unless he's being orchestrated by tptb, and we're all being led astray.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Dude, open your mind just a bit and listen to what he's saying, he's telling the truth as he sees it.

Ah yes the truth as he sees it...

Which in better terms he is telling you how he thinks the world is running and how the world should be run.

Why is it he doen't trust the gov't. yet he is the first to use stats from this same government he doesn't trust, little ironic there isn't it?

The first thing that he loves to say is he has the government papers to back his claims, yet we never see these so called gov't documents that he says backs his claims, why is that?

I think you would be better off getting your info from Mistress Cleo(an old tv infomercial psychic) than to believe anything Alex Jones has to say.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I have considered this for a long time, BUT after reading "Them: Adventures with Extremists" (which I highly suggest) I think Alex Jones is probably really just kinda dumb, and a sensationalist. Conspiracy theory is to him what ghost hunting is to some. In that particular book the Journalist that wrote it, Jon Ronson, is meeting with him and another guy to sneak into Bohemian Grove (the instance that AJ blew up with his crappy hidden video). Alex doesn't trust the journalist apparently (remember this is all Jon Ronson's version of course, but he seems to be pretty serious, not a hack (his book Men Who Stare at Goats was made into a film, etc) so he chooses to enter separately from Johnson and the other guy so AJ and his partner go in first. As they are walking in they dramatically jump into the bushes for no reason. Later on after Jonson and the other guy (a guy who taught them how to get in) have infiltrated they see Alex and his partner and they are sticking out like a sore thumb and very shocked by the experience. Later Johnson recalls what it was like inside (the owl motif, creation of care, and likens it to a them and more of a fraternity experience than nefarious, but AJ and his partner are going on about how evil it is, etc.

So unless Ron Johnson was doing exactly what you are saying and was trying to make Alex Jones look crazy it seems Jones is really into it.

I have thought many times though that Jones might serve the purpose of making conspiracies and conspiracy theorists look as ridiculous as possible and it very well could be true (a conspiracy within itself lol). It would make sense. Then again he may just enjoy it, or he may just have to go on so much because he would run out of things to talk about and he is really about the money. Someone that is truly committed to waking people up would likely show some reservation where AJ does not. I have heard him talk about clockwork elves and I was just like.. man this is ridiculous. I have heard theories tossed around that he popped up in Austin around the same time as some government group, but I forget which because I took that with a grain of salt.

Edit: AH I see now that the guy below me posted exactly what I was mentioning there.. it was Stratfor..

Most likely he is filling a niche and doing so for money and because he's like a fat house wife that goes house to house running identifying spirits and cleansing houses (aka he thinks it's fun). It's unfortunate of course because there is undoubtedly some conspiracy theories that are more likely than the official story.. just not all of them and maybe most of them.
edit on 14-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

The thing that really makes me wonder is Stratfor and that Alex started his career in the same place and time this company started.

What are the odds? Something stinks about his whole act. It is time to wake up people and raise your head above all this filth.

He is controlled opposition. WAKE UP.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Jones seems more and more like one of the useful idiots, from where I'm sitting. A seasoned campaigner for truth and freedom such as he is supposed to be, would never have allowed themself onto a spider like Morgan's web with the sole plan of thrashing like a lunatic to escape; they'd have took a finely-honed blade to calmly and deliberately slice their way out of Morgan's sticky trap.

That instead he did what he did and performed like a 12 yr old that had been told he was being grounded for 6 mth, says he is either an actor or in need of anger management control and too over-emotional to be representing serious causes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Disinfo...enough said.

I don't know if he's through the government or if he's disinfo on his own.. Doesn't matter either way. I'm leaning towards useful idiot on his own accord though.
edit on 14-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

Just trying to point out the fallacy of saying AJ does it "for the money" when he has the net worth of any middle class business owner, and how someone with over a million viewers daily makes 100 times less then a guy that can barely break 100k.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

Alex Jones has a higher net worth than 90% of Americans...

Your argument makes no sense..

vg Net Worth Bottom 25%: $4,600
Avg Net Worth Next 25 – 50%: $21,700
Avg Net Worth Next 50 – 75%: $78,900
Avg Net Worth Next 75 – 90%: $242,800
Avg Net Worth Top 10%: $1,606,600

Total Net Worth of the Top 400 (Forbes 2011): $1,707,250,000,000

www.newthinktank.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

His show is FREE for crying out loud.

Basic TV is free in the US too, are they not in it for the money? As long as you have an antennae and TV you can get about 5-6 channels all for free!

They make all their money through advertising... like Alex Jones

Your argument makes no sense.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join