It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret human testing: Victims in St. Louis speak, demand answers (as reported in the MSM)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
We always give MSM a hard time for not engaging in real journalism, instead just being part of the party line.

But sometimes they do cover the despicable actions of our own government, even if it is decades after the crimes took place.

From KSDK.com (an NBC affiliate): the topic is not new - the secret army testing on unsuspecting citizens (often poor, living in public housing) of hazardous/radioactive chemicals, but this report involves new research and declassified army documents obtained by a sociologist investigating the event.

I-Team: The Army's secret Cold War experiments on St. Louisans
(ksdk.com)

St. Louis (KSDK) - Lisa Martino-Taylor is a sociologist whose life's work has been to uncover details of the Army's ultra-secret military experiments carried out in St. Louis and other cities during the 1950s and 60s.

She will make her research public Tuesday, but she spoke first to the I-Team's Leisa Zigman.

The I-Team independently verified that the spraying of zinc cadmium sulfide did take place in St. Louis on thousands of unsuspecting citizens. What is unclear is whether the Army added a radioactive material to the compound as Martino-Taylor's research implies.

"The study was secretive for reason. They didn't have volunteers stepping up and saying yeah, I'll breathe zinc cadmium sulfide with radioactive particles," said Martino-Taylor.

Follow up:

Secret human testing: Victims in St. Louis speak, demand answers
(ksdk.com)

St. Louis (KSDK) - A recent I-Team investigation showing how the Army experimented on unsuspecting St. Louisans in the 1950s and '60s has been getting worldwide attention.

Missouri's two U.S. Senators, Democrat Claire McCaskill, and Republican Roy Blunt, are demanding more information about the secret human testing. But so far, the Army remains silent.

The problem for the government is that survivors remember and for the first time are sharing their stories in hopes someone will listen and perhaps be held accountable.

Part 1:

Part 2:

The research paper by Lisa Martino-Taylor is here:

The Manhattan-Rochester Coalition, research on the health effects of radioactive materials, and tests on vulnerable populations without consent in St. Louis, 1945--1970

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at all to hear monsanto was apart of this!!!! What comes to mind after reading this...chemtrails

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I ran across this as well, im so glad that the blind patriotism practiced
in the 50's allowed this to happen, the death toll, if it could ever be
accurately added up would most likely make us just plain sick.......

yea the government needs secrets, its our duty to make sure they can
abuse and take advantage of us so we may call ourselves true Americans.......

remember if you don't then your a terrorist, god that makes me sick,
no accountability, none at all......... whatever happened to the domestic
part of our military guarding us against foreign and domestic threats?

but cudos to that reporter. people need to know that blind faith in a
government is a terrible idea, especially right now when the gun
issue is on the table.......

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
KInda reminds me of the movie "Return of the Living Dead"

Took place in St. Louis too.

In the beginning there is a disclaimer that says "based on true events".

Weird.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yeah they were able to get away with a LOT of things during that period. After all, only pink blooded COMMIES don't like the government performing freedom tests ™ on citizens.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is shocking, and wrong on many levels.

What does breathing "zinc cadmium sulfide" do to you?
What are the affects?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Thread

, and I spent a day reading about tooth studies and other fateful events that turned out to be related to the St. Louis aerosol study, although I‟m not sure I realized how useful those documents would be until much later, when I discovered Projects GABRIEL and SUNSHINE.
Pg 14 from her disertation

Project GABRIEL refers to an investigation by the United States Atomic Energy Commission to gauge the impact of radioactive fallout resulting from nuclear warfare. GABRIEL surmised that radioactive isotope Strontium-90 presented the greatest hazard to life globally[1].

This resulted in the commissioning of Project SUNSHINE, which sought to examine the levels of Sr-90 in human tissues and bones (with a special interest in infants) gathered from around the world.
wikipedia

She did a speech back in September at the college, but I never heard anymore about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Information on how zinc cadmium sulfide affects human health is sparse, but data from animal tests indicate that the compound, when taken orally, has no short-term toxic effects; nor was it found to be a skin or eye irritant. Because limited laboratory research on the toxicity of zinc cadmium sulfide has been performed on animals, and no data exist on humans, the committee based its conclusions about the ability of the compound to cause cancer on what it called a "worst-case" assumption: that the compound is every bit as toxic as its most toxic component -- cadmium. High doses of cadmium over long periods of time could cause bone and kidney problems and lung cancer, but the Army's tests involved small doses of a less toxic compound over short periods of time, the report says. The committee estimated that the excess maximum lifetime cancer risk for the most heavily exposed residents of St. Louis is 1.5 in 1 million; in Minneapolis it is one in 2.5 million; one in 1 million in Winnipeg; seven in 100 million in Fort Wayne; and one in 100 million in Corpus Christi.

Article

Oh the worst case scenario is cancer... i watch the news a lot and i must say i haven't heard of this until now.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Thanks for the information, misse2miss.

It makes sense that the poison will probably cause cancer.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if one can believe those odds.
Maybe the numbers have been tweaked in order to portray better odds, before the information was released to the public. You never know.

Anyway, thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
reply to post by misse2miss

Thanks for the information, misse2miss.

It makes sense that the poison will probably cause cancer.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if one can believe those odds.
Maybe the numbers have been tweaked in order to portray better odds, before the information was released to the public. You never know.

Anyway, thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

No problem! I grow more and more fearful everyday about the world we live in.

new topics

top topics

join