It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Governmemt Has Done Nothing To Gain Your Trust They Shouldnt Be In Power!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have been poking at this question for days now across the Internet and not one person has given me a solid and honest reason why I should trust my government.

It seems to me that if a government has not gained the trust of its population then it shouldnt be in power.

Commom sense surely dictates that to give power to those who have not earned it is a damn stupid thing to do.

Over the years I have come across numerous events orchestrated by government that gives me every reason never to trust those in power. I have seen lies, D Notices, illegal killings or murders, oppression, the list is endless imo but not one thing that says, "ok for that I will trust you now".

The problem with government is that no one with any brains trusts them anymore, period. And this is why the government will eventually fall or probably kill everyone.

Sorry to post this doom and gloom but to me those are the facts. Did you know in the UK parliament when someone with a northern accent even speaks they are jeered at by the front benches just for the sound they make.

I cannot trust my government to look out for my interests anymore can you? If so, why?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Don't drive on any public roads, those are government property.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Dude the Government is the most evil organisation in mankind's history.

Illuminati is our real savior. Only NWO can save us.We all have to bring the NWO. There can be no peace without it.
We have to destroy government and help establish NWO to solve this problem and live equally.

Trust me on this.

edit on 2-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
reply to post by TheMindWar

Illuminati is our real savior. Only NWO can save us.We all have to bring the NWO. There can be no peace without it.
We have to destroy government and help establish NWO to solve this problem and live equally.

Trust me on this.

edit on 2-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

Lol, that would be a NWO orchestrated by the untrustworthy government then

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

GOOD ONE!

2nd: Trust no One

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have a funny feeling that there isn't anything the government could do to convince you to trust them. If they said they were ending all income tax, you would say, what are they up to now. If they ended all wars, you would say, there's got to be a trick up their sleeve. If they say they stopped a major terrorist act on a U.S. city, you would say, they're lying. You wouldn't trust them no matter what they did or didn't do.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm growing concerned about some of the posts i'm reading on ATS lately

What kind of conspiracy theorist or even just a simple skeptic posts such aggressive and threatening anti-establishment posts on the internet during such times as today???

It's like some people require handbooks on how to use web forums!!!!

EDIT:
I made a thread about such rethoric!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plz stop
edit on 2-1-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Actually they are not, they are paid by tax dollars, so actually it belong to all Americans tax payers, as government are the biggest leeches of all they do not earn a darn thing.

Anyway, I think this thread post a valid point, can the government be trusted? well taking into consideration the history of government we the people can pretty much answer not to that question.
is nothing of a conspiracy about this, facts, records and history is all you need.
edit on 2-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I have a funny feeling that there isn't anything the government could do to convince you to trust them. If they said they were ending all income tax, you would say, what are they up to now. If they ended all wars, you would say, there's got to be a trick up their sleeve. If they say they stopped a major terrorist act on a U.S. city, you would say, they're lying. You wouldn't trust them no matter what they did or didn't do.

Maybe if they didnt start all these wars, maybe if building 7 wasnt blown up with explosives, maybe if they didnt create hatred which gives birth to terrorists, maybe if they had a public history of doing good rather than the opposite then they would become trustworthy.

You have to earn trust, you dont deserve it otherwise. The govenment over the years has lost all trust, this is defined by thier actions. As for stopping a terrorist attack I have no idea because that stuff is kept secret, but if you are refering to 7/7 or 9/11 they certainly stopped that didnt they.

Please....
edit on 2-1-2013 by TheMindWar because: Typos

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Because once they lie, they can't ever be trusted again.. They never deserve to be trusted again just after one lie...
Back in earlier days, people had only trust based on a person's character.. If someone was known to be a liar or untrustworthy, they would be forever ruined business wise..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm growing concerned about some of the posts i'm reading on ATS lately

What kind of conspiracy theorist or even just a simple skeptic posts such aggressive and threatening anti-establishment posts on the internet during such times as today???

It's like some people require handbooks on how to use web forums!!!!

EDIT:
I made a thread about such rethoric!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plz stop
edit on 2-1-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Well some of us are just fed up with it. That's a good enough reason for these posts. Along with the fact that this IS a conspiracy site. You're acting as if you're a terrified mod or something. Don't worry, there are no snipers on standby waiting to pick those off who take a anti - government stance on ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When you're as big and powerful as the government you don't have to gain anyone's trust .

Building trust takes a lot of effort , it's probably easier to fire volley after volley of maniacally imbecilic gobbledygook at the the people . It keeps folks to confused and off balance to mount a decent attack .

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Trust me on this.

I know this is ATS an' all, but that there is one crazy statement. Please elaborate on why you think this way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To OP, it appears all our national governments were usurped long ago and by using division and spreading fear and doubt they are breaking us down. Theirs is a long game, and unfortunately not many individuals have the stamina to play that way.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Severin

Trust me on this.

I know this is ATS an' all, but that there is one crazy statement. Please elaborate on why you think this way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To OP, it appears all our national governments were usurped long ago and by using division and spreading fear and doubt they are breaking us down. Theirs is a long game, and unfortunately not many individuals have the stamina to play that way.

I think they were in a joking mood
(trust me)

new topics

top topics

join