It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Growing Concerned Over Threatening Anti-Establishment Posts On ATS! Am I Alone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In a few other threads i'm reading about how people wish oathkeepers did a coup.
Others that say Govt. should be destroyed

Tempers are flaring as politcians are pretending to find a solution to this inevitable and foreseen fiscal cliff.

But to be a skeptic and during times of such big brother initiatives and mass shootings it's insane to me to read such posts. and also kind of scary.

And sometimes if I make that thread i fear to somehow be associated with that post that I find ill placed.

Of course I don't expect to have everyone that posts in my thread to agree with me but at the same time please don't make such militant posts about the powers that be.

Sometimes it's like people need a handbook on how to use web forums, it's crazy.
To me it's just common sense.

Please remember not to make any threats to any individual or party whether on the internet or outside in real life.
To do so would make you more naive then the same sheep that put many of these people in power!

Making threats will land you in jail!

HELLOOOO

Please End The Insanity!
edit on 2-1-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

In regards to the image, I sent an alert but that is as far as we can go as members. It is up to the staff to determine if that image breaks any T&Cs.

Where I break from your post is how you consider those who are fed up with the Government some how shouldn't be allowed to voice that opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Is a threatening post an opinion?

That is the question, where should the line be drawn?
Is that image borderline illegal or just plain illegal?

Voicing opinions is fine, check my history and how many opinions i've shared.

Opinions are not my concern

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Guys...
For example, I made this thread today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And check out rocksfromspace's response
I asked him to remove that image as it's borderline illegal!

In a few other threads i'm reading about how people wish oathkeepers did a coup.
Others that say Govt. should be destroyed

Tempers are flaring as politcians are pretending to find a solution to this inevitable and foreseen fiscal cliff.

But to be a skeptic and during times of such big brother initiatives and mass shootings it's insane to me to read such posts. and also kind of scary.

And sometimes if I make that thread i fear to somehow be associated with that post that I find ill placed.

Of course I don't expect to have everyone that posts in my thread to agree with me but at the same time please don't make such militant posts about the powers that be.

Sometimes it's like people need a handbook on how to use web forums, it's crazy.
To me it's just common sense.

Please remember not to make any threats to any individual or party whether on the internet or outside in real life.
To do so would make you more naive then the same sheep that put many of these people in power!

Making threats will land you in jail!

HELLOOOO

Please End The Insanity!

I have never made any threats to anyone I have only issued facts and common sense. If you are asking should I trust a government who for example are happy to kill children using drones then no, i am not willing to trust anyone who would carry out such a barbaric act.

In my humble opinion we as a species are entering a crossroads, IMO we should have a choice as to how we wish to proceed. I dont believe for one second that any right minded individual believes that we are heading in the right direction for the betterment of humankind.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I believe the legal line would be inciting violence in an obvious manner that ends in such taking place which harms people. And I agree with your point here. Nor would I want to post in a thread (your last), though through not fault of the OP's, that seems to venture too close to inciting such. This is beyond an opinion, in my estimation, however faulty it may be.

Having said that, though, as made clear through the post above mine just now, people increasingly perceive that the "government" or body of power in charge here and now, threatens their safety and the safety of innocents on a daily basis. And even if you do not perceive the threat as being directly to you, people are weary and angry about said threats and violence being made and done in their country's name, when they do not agree with it, and in fact feel victims of it, as well.
edit on 2-1-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
I have never made any threats to anyone I have only issued facts and common sense. If you are asking should I trust a government who for example are happy to kill children using drones then no, i am not willing to trust anyone who would carry out such a barbaric act.

I encourage people to not be conspiracy theorists but skeptics rather.
I'm not at all trying to even influence you in this thread who you should trust or distrust.

Trust and distrust who you wish, but do not make threats.
I'm not saying that you are, i'm just speaking in general.

This is not about voicing an opinion again, or begging the question who to trust and who not to.
I'm just saying no more threats!

To do that is not only not being a skeptic but being the most naive knee-jerk trailer-park conspiracy theorist!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Maybe I was a little harsh in my reply, for that i meant no ill intentions and I appologise

If you are concerned about anti-estblishment posts then one can only wonder why you are concerned. If you are concerned that the government make take action then this to me means you are afraid of the government and not of the posts you are talking about.

If you are concered try asking yourself what is the true reason why you are concerned?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
How was it a threatening post?

I don't think it any more threatening than the Gadsen Flag.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

OP you could have addressed that on the original thread.

All you can do is alert Mods, but member what you did is also against the T&C. You mentioned a members name in your OP, relating to another thread. I think thanking is permitted but not pointing "fingers".

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Simply stated: People are pissed! More and more people are waking up to what is going on. Zeitgeist and PsyOps aren't working as well as they used to. When you see that the US Congress has a positivity rating in the single digits and that less that 35% of Americans even trust their government, something is happening. That "Something" is the mass awakening that WILL lead to a watering of the Tree of Liberty.

Why do you think these asshats have passed "Laws" that violate the Constitution at every turn; NDAA, Wiretapping, TSA, Military violation of Posse Comitatus and the BIG push to disarm civilians? because the day of reckoning is racing at them a pace far faster than they could have ever imagined!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The line should be drawn at direct threats. If someone doesnt directly threaten you or someone else, then get over it. you seem like you get scared and become fearful easily.

If you're a woman, then it's slightly understandable, but don't worry, you will be fine. If you're a man then grow a pair!

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Is a threatening post an opinion?

That is the question, where should the line be drawn?
Is that image borderline illegal or just plain illegal?

Voicing opinions is fine, check my history and how many opinions i've shared.

Opinions are not my concern

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
OP you could have addressed that on the original thread.

But as per my OP it's not about that specific thread alone
It's about many threads as of lately during this cliff.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Exercise your First Amendment Right to Free Speech but do not cross that line of subversion and instigation of violence (like the anti-gunners are doing). Pax Amis.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This (ATS) is not America or any other country, so applying freedom of speech or any other right is no comparison or point of view to take.

Site T&Cs are clear about personal attacks and posted content so all those guilty have no excuses other than being lazy and not reading or following them.

And to the O.P. who referenced his/her earlier thread....why did YOU not alert a mod instead of drawing attention in the thread to what has now been deleted? Takes 20 seconds and gets rid of unnecessary posting. Also nips things in the bud.

We make this site what it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A conspiracy generally is instigated by figures in positions of authority. These people are what we call the "Establishment", or "The Man". Now, the Establishment's done a lot of twisted things real and imagined, so it's only natural for a citizenry to be offended by skulking, underhanded deeds that their own government would commit behind their backs. When there's a conspiracy about the government covering something up, that causes mistrust, fear, and anger in the folks who hear about it.

It seems obvious that on a forum based on not believing the party line and questioning the government that there would be people angry over things the government has done. Let's list a few: The Waco Siege. Ruby Ridge. The Tuskegee experiment. Smuggling coc aine to the fund the Contras and the Mujahideen. Manipulating the press, I remember in the 1980s, when they were funding them, Reagan said the Contras and the Mujahideen were "the moral equivalent of our Founding Fathers". Well, that was all great until a minor inconvenience. The Mujahideen evolved into the Taliban. Thanks for funding them, Establishment. The Man sure is great.

You see, it's not us who are in the wrong. It's the government, and if they didn't lie to the people, and abuse them, people wouldn't say what they do about it. That's why you've got so many anti-establishment posts.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

the question that i would ask you is this .

are they threatening posts or are they a way of the people venting their anger and frustration against the man and his insanity.
a cliff as they are calling it or is it the point of no return
they our governments of every nation in this world are continuing to borrow money that does not exist except on paper and we are being stuck with a bill and astronomical interest rates of repayment,it would seem that our illustrious governments seem not to be able to understand the concept or idea of money and credit.
we as people have a borrowing limit set out by how much we earn ,the governments seem to have bottomless pockets full of cash that is not theirs or is there a huge hole in those pockets and it keeps falling onto the ground.but as long as those governments can pay the interest on these loans they can continue to borrow ,what a joke .
greese is a great example of this corporate mess of greed and corruption everyone is bailing them out and what about the rest of the worlds DEBT it is growing at insane rates -or is it RAPE of the world as those few that control the purse strings control the world and they have truly tied the governments hands from stopping this madness.
COMPOUND INTEREST is destroying the worlds monetary systems and enslaving the people of the world to forever be in DEBT and never being able to pay it off .
so why is it that our governments world wide do not pass laws prohibiting COMPOUND INTEREST and force the banks to give out loans at a flat rate of say 10%, no more compounding interest.
oh those poor thieving banks who have some how made record profits ever since this recession as they call it started , wait ,was orchestrated by them [banks]. and not one of them went to jail for it .
but here is a simple fact your mortgages cost you 200% interest by the time you pay them off at today's interest rates stretched out over 25 years ,i wonder what those people who have 35 year mortgages are paying in interest .
your credit cards are worst if you take your minimum monthly payment and divide it by the monthly credit charge added to your bill you are in fact paying 35% or higher rate of interest per month . something to think about .
as to the banks crying poor mouth remember they have been stealing off of you for centuries , forcing them to rewrite every loan at a flat rate of interest helps every government and every working person throw of the chains of enslavement that that the banks have placed on every one .and the banks do not lose anything as this so called interest is not profit until it is in their pockets .
a simple change in the way the world is run or controlled can in fact save the world from the mindlessness of the few.
OH GOVERNMENTS WHERE ART THOU FOR YOUR PEOPLE?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is a place where people talk and talk and talk. If they were really wanting to do something they would not be here. It is all pretty harmless unless it sets a nutter off to do something crazy but, lets be honest that will happen even without ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Simply stated: People are pissed! More and more people are waking up to what is going on. Zeitgeist and PsyOps aren't working as well as they used to. When you see that the US Congress has a positivity rating in the single digits and that less that 35% of Americans even trust their government, something is happening. That "Something" is the mass awakening that WILL lead to a watering of the Tree of Liberty.

Why do you think these asshats have passed "Laws" that violate the Constitution at every turn; NDAA, Wiretapping, TSA, Military violation of Posse Comitatus and the BIG push to disarm civilians? because the day of reckoning is racing at them a pace far faster than they could have ever imagined!

These asshats are passing unconstitutional "laws" left and right because they they have been false-flagging us since Vietnam and the truth is coming out about many of their operations ...... like 9/11.

I was thinking the day of reckoning is racing at *us* at a pace far faster than we could have ever imagined. The criminals that have control of our country have the manpower, media and assets necessary to utterly destroy any remaining liberties we have. Unfortunately, it appears that these miscreants have a worldwide authoritarian agenda on their mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I did not see the image as it was deleted already but I will say this:

ALL authority should ALWAYS be questioned and checked ALL of the time, or you will be ruled by its corruption. Authortiy will squash the subordinates if they have no fear of retibution.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

MONEY'S NO OBJECT: Obama heads back to Hawaii -- at taxpayer cost of $7 million...
www.whitehousedossier.com...

Air Force One is known to cost about $180,000 an hour to fly. Based on an estimated 18 hours roundtrip flying time for the jet between Washington and Honolulu, the travel cost alone of Obama’s decision to return to Hawaii amounts to around $3.24 million. And that doesn’t include the price tag for the massive security operation required to move the president or the cost of the cargo plane that follows Air Force One around.

they are supposed to be working for the peoples interests not for theirs. something has to change if they dont.
edit on 2-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join