It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Not Elsewhere? WHY HERE? Empty Crusades.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Moderator or not, I don't read long posts - EXCEPT FOR YOURS!

Jeez, Heff, you write so damn well. Each paragraph compels me to read another, and another. Good job!

On topic: If people are coming here for more than entertainment and to luckily come across a few factual tidbits, then maybe they should take a fresh look at the site.

ATS is about unsolvable mysteries and overblown conspiracies. It's about tin foil hats and clips of funny cats. It's about government corruption and alien abduction. It's about predictions n' prophecies, with reports of zombies. Let's not forget the vitriol over gun control, while learning how to protect our very soul.

And, no matter how heated a topic may get here, once we sign out we always calm ourselves with a nice batch of BACON! mmmMMM Bacon!

Your posts are always interesting, so thanks for being more of a contributing member than a moderator.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What is this obsession with bacon around here? Greasy, gross stuff. Ick.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by jiggerj

You see...not everyone can grasp the mysterious essence and the deliciousness of Bacon.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

If ever I've seen a post worthy of banning...that is it....

Des

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

You see...not everyone can grasp the mysterious essence and the deliciousness of Bacon.

Perhaps, but then again I can eat tofu so yeah I'm a little strange.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yummmmm...bacon flavored tofu....

Des

edit on 30-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

reply to post by jiggerj

If ever I've seen a post worthy of banning...that is it....

Des

Lmaooo. I was about to edit my post and say" now this is a legit reason to get banned on ATS" Heff do your job dammit!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

We're just playing with you. Don't know, if you know, Heff, the OP of this thread. Is considered kinda the Bacon God around here....I'm sure he sweats bacon fat in the summer....

Des

edit on 30-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I'd tell you what the obsession is about, but then we'd get in a heated debate. You'd call me names, I'd call you names. We'd both notify Heff to delete our posts, and, well, I think he needs a break.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Na, I normally soak it in an herb mixture with stock/soy sauce. Works out fine for me. I can't eat much meat since it makes me acid re-flux act up. I don't need to get vocal nodes from that crap.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Dear God, I wander away to deal with real life ( Des's restraining order came by special, uniformed courier just now - and since he and I see so much of each other? We hang out whenever he's dropping one off ) and I come back to bacon heresy???

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Mmmmhmm, that's right boo bear.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

first, you mention crusades, but totally neglect, throughout your vacuous rant, to even disclose what type of crusades you are referring to. who is crusading what topic?

you make numerous empty assertions about nothing with no topic.

without even knowing which topics you are referring to, or which crusades, i can say moderators here have shown time and time again they appear to be power trippers, and we all know humans never do that.

now yoy whine and complain about nothing, as if everyone would drop the topic of free speech, which you do not broach, so that forum moderators can comnplain that people who are seeking free spoeech, who do not like the oppression, dont get themselves fired from their jobs. hypocrites? only if their jobs are in the free speech dept. or a free speech office, because we come to the internet differently from our jobs.

this post and rant is so pissy and whiny it unbelievably sickens me. cuttle is not an aspect of character if you suppose to offer up a position of character.

meglomaniacs never prosper in the long run. ats staff, owners and bullies should realize that. certainly they have stood for personal autonomy, the status quo of trolls who they favor, and general bullying and shuffling. AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CRUSADE OR SUBJECT YOU ARE SPEAKING OF SINCE YOU PROFFERED NONE> thats how vacuous your statement is op.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a statement that the OP believes strongly enough in that fact that he/she is going to test it by dropping an anvil on their head? Running off of a cliff to see if they really do hover there for 2 seconds? Smoke dynamite to see if they'll survive the explosion blackened, and moving their nose back in place - from the back of their head? Ya ever see a thread from somebody wanting to know where the real world Acme products mail order company can be found at?

The way things have been lately, I kinda thought this was 'normal', alas, no. It is of utmost concern that we discuss the bacon flavored tidbits of animal husbandry and such. Mmmmmmm

Acme Corporation

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
the question here is why not here

as this site has grown in popularity and the base of it's ideas it's attracted all types of people including those strong willed enough to author crusades.

or they are darpa personalities bots

Either way its a victim of it's own fame in that regard.

You should already know that so if it's too hot in the kitchen....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Heff, Ive seen the crusaders as well. Its fantasy I guess.. must be all neat-0 to write it out. There are a lot of martyrs here for sure. People agree then they get off on it. People bash them.. martyr time.. they get off on it. Either way its all good I guess. Meh. ( (I even had to disable chat for a time.. for my own sanity I think) Have the same BS on my board at times.. though the subject matter is vastly different. Its just a personality. You can solve this easy.. my response to the whines of freedom of speech, oppression, mod/admin totalitarianism and draconian moderation.... when its totally disregarding TOS or common decency.. " this is not a democracy. This is a dictatorship. Take a breath, a break, stfu.."

Ive said it for yrs.. you couldnt PAY me to moderate here... too much traffic, too many varying personalities according to a plethora of subjects covered here, and it'd be a general pain in the ass..
Ive only seen ONE jerk mod... being a jerk... like jerks do. People are people... its normal. The thing is that the mod team here is so varied by personality and interest that its a self correcting organism. I feel for you guys. DO I set up a money bomb now or later for your psychotherapy?? Youre gonna need it...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sirbadazz

You know what really makes me all fuzzy inside? When someone comes in and tries to ruin a conversation, because they don't like what they are reading and they try and toss a wrench into everything... Yet nobody responds. I love it when I see that. It's my favorite. I have begun to see it more and more lately, almost as if we are adapting. More of us are realizing that it is useless to try and respond even though we are tempted. It just makes me feel good to see these ridiculous posts fade into the mist when nobody takes the bait. I think we should all make it a resolution to not respond at all when someone is trying to derail a thread, even though it may be hard.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Destinyone

Wait a minute? "Eeeewwwwww"???

I didn't do NUTTIN'.

methinks the heff protesteth too much.

so having an epiphany is what they call it now.

pull the udder one, des!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yep,I have seen them.
Best way to deal with it is to walk away till things cool down.
Nothing but words,man,nothing but words.
The persona betrayed is nothing more then a place for a coward to hide behind.
Meet them face to face,I'm sure those words would not come out.

I think this about sums it up........

Horatius by Lord Thomas Babington Macaulay (1800-1859)

Nah,it doesn't in this realm of things.
It's just a freaking forum,there is a real touchy feely life out there,people are asses and you learn to ignore them.
If they keep on you either sue them or beat them up,then they sue you.
A no win situation.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I must commend this excellent post. Crusadership needs to be exposed for what it is—an appeal to satiate ones own vanity. The funny thing is, if our avatars only represent the words we say and have no direct consequence on our physical selves, moral crusader-ship is entirely unnecessary. It is like you say—empty. It accomplishes nothing but reveals much about the crusader.

Edit to add: I don't want to go off topic so...bacon.

edit on 31-12-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: bacon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join